Blackburn 0-0 Saints - Match Thread

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Well, they have, they are on the pitch and one of them set up a sitter....

Next time Sulemena plays you'll be giving him credit then for "being on the pitch" then?

Forget it.  I like Brooks and Fraser. I just liek Sulemena too and think he gets too much stick.

Just now, Chez said:

Next time Sulemena plays you'll be giving him credit then for "being on the pitch" then?

Forget it.  I like Brooks and Fraser. I just liek Sulemena too and think he gets too much stick.

I will give credit where it is due. I have already said that Brooks has not been very good.

1 minute ago, Chez said:

I admire your position Chez, I really wanted him to be a huge success for us, as I love to see wingers like him. But he's done absolutely nothing to justify his price tag, he should be tearing up this league.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

I was talking about the performance not AA. Although he’s far better from out wide, this game isn’t really suiting him through the middle. 

he'll pop a couple in second half 

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I admire your position Chez, I really wanted him to be a huge success for us, as I love to see wingers like him. But he's done absolutely nothing to justify his price tag, he should be tearing up this league.

I'm not giving up on him yet. He's 22. There is still time for him to work his game out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Doubt that will be with us though.

said absolutely everyone including myself last summer.

My guess is that we wanted and probably still will want megamoney.

Bedders not happy. Blackburn pressing us a bit more, and with some success. And they already know all about the gaps down our flanks. We have no midfiled to pass out to today. However, the more Blackburn push up, the more space we should get. Sule would be good for that, but I've not seen a pass that would unlock anyone, let amone someone getting in behind.

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

"He got the ball there"

Yeah and then wrapped his legs around Stephens'. This commentary team are awful.

I like them.

They're asking when Martin will change things up? That's a reasonable question, shame it's not going to happen 

5 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

Brooks off for Adams please, he's embarassing

He joined so he could be fit to be picked for Wales if they reached the Euros. They didn't make it so no need for him to play well now! 😁

2 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Blackburn have cracked the code.

Press the defenders and expose our weak spot. 

They have. We need to be a bit sharper.

Fucking terrible cross from Fraser.

My word, so much shit in a ten second spell from both teams...

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

You have to laugh at how people have been whinging about Brooks not starting the last few games...Now he starts and is shite. 

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Both Rothwell and Brooks have performed better as impact subs. 

Yep, I've said before that we look better when not starting them both (a bit like during our unbeaten run before they were signed.... Funny that.... ;) )

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

I like them.

They're asking when Martin will change things up? That's a reasonable question, shame it's not going to happen 

Whinging about Saints getting a clear Saints throw in because "the linesman didn't signal"...

Blackburn have been told to "hussle them and get stuck in". its working. We need to up our game too. 

Almost fucked it there. Baz with a terrible pass

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

Whinging about Saints getting a clear Saints throw in because "the linesman didn't signal"...

Yeah alright, they just said it's a great game of football 😂

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

This is so so so depressing worse than Ipswich in some ways. We just have to win this game but no intensity whatsoever. I bet Martin will be proud of the performance. 

Date I say it. Brave.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Blackburn 0-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic