Blackburn 0-0 Saints - Match Thread

1 minute ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Seems a good side to me. Hopefully Stephens at left back and KWP right back.

Exactly that. Jack was one of our best players on Monday 🙂 great that KWP is back 🙂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Seems a good side to me. Hopefully Stephens at left back and KWP right back.

Not sure about that.  Rothwell and Brooks have not, for me, made the impact I would have hoped for and have actually disrupted our style of play.

Armstrong as a lone forward really does not work well.

The Stephens hate on here is laughable....he has been one of our best players in recent weeks.  Some of you need to get a better perspective on life: football is not a life or death experience.  Every day you wake up is a good day.

• Like 5

No bloody consitancy of line up from Martin he still doesn't know his best team and it seems he never will, at least kwp starts but that's balanced out by Stephens and bazunu! 

Edited by Mr X
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, washsaint said:

Not sure about that.  Rothwell and Brooks have not, for me, made the impact I would have hoped for and have actually disrupted our style of play.

Armstrong as a lone forward really does not work well.

The Stephens hate on here is laughable....he has been one of our best players in recent weeks.  Some of you need to get a better perspective on life: football is not a life or death experience.  Every day you wake up is a good day.

I see that, though Rothwell hasn’t played much as a 10, which is where he seems better suited so hopefully that works today. I’d like to see Brooks help out a bit more coming the other way, but he’s (in my opinion) our best chance of creating something.

Agree with your other comment too. 

• Like 1

AA is not very good as a CF, why does RM persist in playing him there he keeps making the same mistakes over and over…

As for Mr untouchable in goal, this is getting silly now…

Martin is far too attached to his favourites to be successful.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

Front three of fucking fairies. We need one of Che or Mara in there to make it work, how hasn't he seen that?

Now I am confused. I thought that Che was a donkey that couldn't hit a cows ass with a banjo, that Mara was a waste of space. AA has got 20 goals and 11 assists and he is a fairy?  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Armstrong as a central striker just does not work. 

Nope he's better on the right. But we also have Brooks who is class and plays on the right so something has to give. The answer would be to play AA wide left and hope he has the same impact as on the right (so we can play Che or Mara up front) but there we find Fraser who has been one of our best players this season. Tricky one. I don't hate that line up though. 

Ipswich drop points again. Not that it makes a difference but let’s see Saints if you can possibly turn up today when you have a genuine opportunity to reduce the deficit. FWIW having watched it and I know it’s a derby, but I just don’t think we have enough about ourselves to go up.

13 minutes ago, Mr X said:

No bloody consitancy of line up from Martin he still doesn't know his best team and it seems he never will, at least kwp starts but that's balanced out by Stephens and bazunu! 

It’s like that 25 game run with a settled team (defence) just never happened !

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, captainchris said:

AA is not very good as a CF, why does RM persist in playing him there he keeps making the same mistakes over and over…

As for Mr untouchable in goal, this is getting silly now…

Martin is far too attached to his favourites to be successful.

Like Smallbone and Manning?

3 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Now I am confused. I thought that Che was a donkey that couldn't hit a cows ass with a banjo, that Mara was a waste of space. AA has got 20 goals and 11 assists and he is a fairy?  

Playing as a central striker, he is worse than useless

7 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Nope he's better on the right. But we also have Brooks who is class and plays on the right so something has to give. The answer would be to play AA wide left and hope he has the same impact as on the right (so we can play Che or Mara up front) but there we find Fraser who has been one of our best players this season. Tricky one. I don't hate that line up though. 

Trouble is, Brooks doesn't give you much when defending. Am not AA's biggest fan, but his work rate chasing back etc is pretty good. 

Going on the reported team line up, think we’re going to be losing this. Martin has declined into a weak manager - he’s just not learning from his own mistakes in failing to correct individual player poor performances and favouring certain players over team balance. 2-1 Blackburn.

Edited by Saint Fan CaM
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

Rather Stephens than Manning, no?

Not for me ...Manning is a decent left back at this level and played most of the time in our unbeaten run ....Stephens should be a 3rd choice centre back and that  is it in my opinion .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Going on the reported team line up, think we’re going to be losing this. Martin has declined into a weak manager - he’s just not learning from his own mistakes in failing to correct individual player poor performances and favouring certain players over team balance. 2-1 Blackburn.

I'm going 4 1

• Sad 1

I love our fanbase and their "Martin will never drop his favourites" rhetoric

Been said about Manning & Smallbone this season who, by my reckoning, have been dropped to the bench at multiple points this season.

But as ever, let's never let facts get in the way of a good whinge.

Edited by SaintNewForest
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, SaintNewForest said:

I love our fanbase and their "Martin will never drop his favourites" rhetoric

Been said about Manning & Smallbone this season who, by my reckoning, have been dropped to the bench at multiple points this season.

But as ever, let's never let facts get in the way of a good whinge.

TBF, for every Manning and Smallbone there’s a Stephens and a Bazunu.

Just now, The Kraken said:

TBF, for every Manning and Smallbone there’s a Stephens and a Bazunu.

The same Stephens who has also spent a lot of time on the bench, yeah? 

He's playing well right now, so there's no reason to drop him.

Bazunu? Well, there's no credible alternative there let's be honest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Totton Saint said:

What has happened to S Armstrong? He is not even on the bench. Same for Che.  Saving them for Tuesday?

Stu is out after concussion protocol.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Blackburn 0-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic