Blackburn 0-0 Saints - Match Thread

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

I did find that odd, Armstrong is usually blowing after 60 mins anyway and that's been the case for many years now. He should not have been on the pitch at 80mins.

Exactly. Myself and most around me were calling for him to be taken off because he was playing so poorly, and we didn’t even know he had concussion!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

A sad day as Toadhall Saint is gunned down at high noon, outside the saloon. Only later did they realise he was just offering a view of the upcoming fixture. 🙂

Unless he was duelling with Che Adams, who’d have missed from point blank 

23 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

A sad day as Toadhall Saint is gunned down at high noon, outside the saloon. Only later did they realise he was just offering a view of the upcoming fixture. 🙂

Sherriff Martin was quickly on the scene, showing extreme bravery,  but the suspect got away when deputy Baz handcuffed himself to a lamppost and Deputy Che arrived at the wrong saloon.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, for_heaven's_Saint said:

So Stu had concussion during the second half on Monday. Even more ridiculous that we didn’t take him off earlier. How did our medical professionals miss that?

They were recruited by our recruitment team....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, for_heaven's_Saint said:

So Stu had concussion during the second half on Monday. Even more ridiculous that we didn’t take him off earlier. How did our medical professionals miss that?

I present to you Dr Che Adams...

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, GrumpyYorkshireSaint said:

Sorry if I am repeating a question but did we appeal Bree sending off?

Not much point now since the remaining games don’t mean much. Plus it gives RM an excuse to bring back his buddy Manning. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

TBH I’m fine with that. If the striker we signed last summer had been fit for more than 20 minutes of this season, I think we’d have gone up automatically. I don’t particularly mind us using Man City as a blueprint for our tactics either, would you prefer we were trying to emulate Big Sam’s Bolton?

Man Utd with their billions can’t match City, so it’s ludicrous for relative paupers like us to try.

We should play to our strengths. Not a difficult concept, except for those deluded twats RM and Rasmus. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2-0 win, weirdly. Another top four team drops points the the automatic promotion race; not a great performance but a regimented job to lure fans into thinking that a top two finish is very much on.

Followed swiftly on Tuesday by an absolute no show and a bore 1-1 draw at home to Coventry, leaving fans calling for heads to roll and the season seemed A FAILURE!

46 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

2-0 win, weirdly. Another top four team drops points the the automatic promotion race; not a great performance but a regimented job to lure fans into thinking that a top two finish is very much on.

Followed swiftly on Tuesday by an absolute no show and a bore 1-1 draw at home to Coventry, leaving fans calling for heads to roll and the season seemed A FAILURE!

You lost me at the clean sheet prediction.

• Haha 3

I think it’ll be one of those annoyingly comfortable wins. By what I mean is that everyone turns up for once. And everything that proved they couldn’t do last weekend they suddenly can today.

But then I think we’ll revert back to poor play and finishing for Coventry on Tuesday.

Seems like Martin has possibly had a falling out with KWP? Saying that when he comes back into the side "at some point" it will be fantastic.

Unless he's playing mind games, surely KWP should be in the 11 every day of the week? 

Edited by Harry_SFC

Would love to see RM shuffke the pack a bit for today, it's a free hit. Sam A-A should get a place on the bench and 20 mins at the end.

Try Lumley in goal, just to brush away the cobwebs.

The long sought for mid-Championship mediocrity beckons with Wilcox jumping ship and another SR appointed "next great young manager" proving he is anything but. Some are calling for SR to sell up and go. Their failure to keep Wilcox seemingly demonstrates that they do not have the means or allure to break the mold. Their failure also to see that RM is too set in his ways to be anything other than a mediocre manager in a mediocre league but see him as our future then our future is bleak indeed.

Ipswich felt like a kick in the balls, our last, last chance saloon.  A predictable failure to rise to the occasion has left many of us with that empty end of season feeling of indifference to the outcomes of remaining matches. Just the time then for Saints to romp to an easy 4-1 win that raises more questions than answers followed by another inevitable let down on Tuesday night.

6 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

The long sought for mid-Championship mediocrity beckons with Wilcox jumping ship and another SR appointed "next great young manager" proving he is anything but. Some are calling for SR to sell up and go. Their failure to keep Wilcox seemingly demonstrates that they do not have the means or allure to break the mold. Their failure also to see that RM is too set in his ways to be anything other than a mediocre manager in a mediocre league but see him as our future then our future is bleak indeed.

Ipswich felt like a kick in the balls, our last, last chance saloon.  A predictable failure to rise to the occasion has left many of us with that empty end of season feeling of indifference to the outcomes of remaining matches. Just the time then for Saints to romp to an easy 4-1 win that raises more questions than answers followed by another inevitable let down on Tuesday night.

That comment is one hell of a stretch. Wilcox was headhunted by one of the world's biggest clubs, and nobody can realistically blame SR for him wanting to take that opportunity. 

I can't disagree with the rest of your post though. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Would love to see RM shuffke the pack a bit for today, it's a free hit. Sam A-A should get a place on the bench and 20 mins at the end.

Try Lumley in goal, just to brush away the cobwebs.

Sam played 90 for the u-21's last night, ditto Dibling. It'll be the usual roll of the dice today. 

Going to miss this one as I have to go to collect some carved wooden models I am exhibiting at an Arts and Crafts show. Hopefully that means the bastards will win to rub my nose in it for not watching.

( Mind you, I did also miss Sunderland away ! )

Edited by badgerx16

30 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Nothing to play for with 8 games still to play. Disgrace.

Because we're dead certs for the playoffs though. 

In 8 games time, we'll have 3 games left and absolutely everything to play for.

Just now, pingpong said:

Because we're dead certs for the playoffs though. 

In 8 games time, we'll have 3 games left and absolutely everything to play for.

It's going to be a long month while we watch the three teams above us battle it out for autos. Given our circumstances in January, our current position is an utter failure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gammon cheeks said:

Everywhere !

I vote Stephens will be at CB. Bednarek benched. KWP and Manning back in. Something mental like that. 

My guess is it will be Baz, KWP, THB, Bedders, Manning, Downes, Smallbone, Aribo, Brooks, Che, AA. My guesses are usually wrong. 7-1 to Saints with 10 bonus points for sexy football.

40 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

My guess is it will be Baz, KWP, THB, Bedders, Manning, Downes, Smallbone, Aribo, Brooks, Che, AA. My guesses are usually wrong. 7-1 to Saints with 10 bonus points for sexy football.

Wrong, you’ve missed out Captain Jack, he’s bound to start !

1 hour ago, gammon cheeks said:

Everywhere !

Fleetwood Mac agree...

Can you hear me calling
Out your name?
You know that I'm failing
And I don't know what team to play
I'll shoehorn you in
Mess the line up about
I'll put others in the bin
My footballing genius will out

Oh, I
I want to play Stephens everywhere
Oh, I
I want to play Stephens everywhere

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So KWP dropped last week but Baz keeps his place after last week’s horror show? Great consistency Russ…

We might be a bit lightweight up top without Che.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Blackburn 0-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic