Blackburn 0-0 Saints - Match Thread

90 seconds left and we’re still going backwards and sideways instead of getting it in the box. Absolutely fucking dreadful. The whole system and mentality stinks and that’s on Russ

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

We've looked much more threatening since Edozie and Sulemana came on. 

That's because they actually take responsibility for carrying the ball and beating a man. Rather than always looking for the short layoff pass.

• Like 2

Just now, Mr X said:

Teams can easily counter our style now and set themselves up to get a point and sometimes with our mentality they get more! 

The blueprint for how to knock us out of the playoffs has been well and truly drawn up. 17th in the league nearly beat us and made a draw look easy... our form is in freefall. 🤣

• Like 2

Utter, utter shit. I’m done with Russball. It’s just so easy for any team beyond L1 of whatever ability to defend against. Martin is not the answer whatever the question, but he will survive another season to keep us rooted in the Championship just like Swansea etc etc.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Blackburn 0-0 Saints - Match Thread

Well that was just boring. This sideways shit is just getting frustrating now. I get the idea that if we have the ball they can’t be attacking us, but also every minute we fuck about with it at the back means we are not attacking either. Against some sides you are better off just risking losing possession to actually get forward.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The very right reverend said:

I can't wait to hear the clowns explanation for this, no way are we going up via the plays offs, no way, we're turgid, akin to Puel's reign.

Yes, that 8th place PL finish and narrowly lost cup final was truly the darkest time in the club's history.

• Haha 2