Saints 2-1 Coventry - Match Thread

Lighthouse

5 minutes ago, stknowle said:

Bit harsh, some very nice moves so far tonight 

* I've only seen the from the 2nd Adams goal onwards.

We got better has the half wore on. The confidence being 2 up brings. But we started slowly and if Cov had scored the penalty it could have been a different story. Their GK looks iffy. 

1 minute ago, SNSUN said:

We got better has the half wore on. The confidence being 2 up brings. But we started slowly and if Cov had scored the penalty it could have been a different story. Their GK looks iffy. 

Fair. Didn't even realise they had and missed a pen until it got mentioned late on before HT.

3 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Although I prefer Bree to Manning, I would still play Manning over Stephens at full back. In fact I’d rather play Meghoma over Stephens. Square pegs in square holes always.

But Manning has cost us so many goals this season it's been ridiculous. This is where the difficulty is. I knowartin brought him in but even Martin has realised that he's fucking shit defensively. 

1 minute ago, Saint NL said:

Both Leeds and Leicester drawing, but noone cares any more.

League-wise no, but it would be nice to hit some form before our two games against them… and the play-offs.

15 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Can't say we've played well at all but can't knock the scoreline.

12 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

A few glimpses of nice quick passes, but without having played that well.

10 minutes ago, Mr X said:

2-0 up while still looking poor.... I'll take that!

9 minutes ago, obelisk said:

Happy with the score but not exactly a team marching towards a playoff final.

Just got the following message from my son who is at the game... Sounds like he's been watching a different game to you chaps...?? (I wasn't able to watch the first half so can't comment either way)

Screenshot_20240409-204518.png

Edited by trousers

Lots of posession.

A decent number of attempts

A good number of crisp passing moves, at some pace.

2 goals from 4 attempts.

They missed a penalty early, and had a little spell of momentum when we did one of our giving it away from a counter attack. But we're used to that, and we're solid enough.

Coventry are either giving us a lot of space or simply can't deal with RussBall. I'm going for the latter.

Good off the ball movement to create space. Also those balls into space Martin was looking for. He'll have told them if they hit it into s position where someone should get onto it, then it's the target player's responsibility to get into that area.

Martin will be looking for a lot of the same, if not pushing for even more pace and tempo. Take advantage of being on top without taking more risks. He'll also be looking for the subs to get on and deliver the same, with no drop off.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Farmer Saint said:

But Manning has cost us so many goals this season it's been ridiculous. This is where the difficulty is. I knowartin brought him in but even Martin has realised that he's fucking shit defensively. 

I’m hoping Larios regains fitness and surprises us by becoming the young player our scouts thought they’d seen. Leaving Manning as back-up. (If we stay in the Championship that is)

3 minutes ago, trousers said:

Just got the following message from my son who is at the game... Sounds like he's been watching a different game to you chaps...?? (I wasn't able to watch the first half so can't comment either way)

Someone has spiked his drink or you don't let him watch us regularly

• Haha 1

Just now, Holmes_and_Watson said:

"Bazunu is quick to check on him"

Baz collected the ball. Played it out. Eventually walked over after the ref blew the whistle. 🙂

To be fair that showed more concern than I was feeling.

Just now, saintnick said:

Aribo has been immense tonight imo

You're joking right?  Every time he gets the ball he is falling over or giving it away.

Him and Brooks have been terrible.

• Haha 2

Just now, trousers said:

He should have gone to Specsavers 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-1 Coventry - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic