Pamplemousse Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago The very reasonable FA sanction just shows that the EFL decision was utterly ludicrous 10
MB Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Well well well Turns out announcement has just been made as I I said yesterday. Did say day one as well probably wasn’t as bad as people expected with suspended ban but goal posts moved after TE interview and sfc lawyers did a good job for once. 3 15
bpsaint Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago (edited) Love it! Up the FA, fuck the EFL, fuck Boro. edit: on reflection The FA wanted a nine month ban so fuck them too. Edited 1 hour ago by bpsaint 1
LordHester Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago So it turns out that those who said that Bielsa wasn't a precedent were right; he ended up forking out £200,000. 1 4
Pamplemousse Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Just now, MB said: Well well well Turns out announcement has just been made as I I said yesterday. Did say day one as well probably wasn’t as bad as people expected with suspended ban but goal posts moved after TE interview and sfc lawyers did a good job for once. You're funny, I'll give you that
CSA96 Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago People in Boro will save a fortune on fuel this winter by heating all of their homes with these gallons of boiled piss 1 9
Saint_clark Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Just now, LordHester said: So it turns out that those who said that Bielsa wasn't a precedent were right; he ended up forking out £200,000. He also admitted to doing it every single game and showed no remorse whatsoever. Would have been a travesty if Eckert got worse than him. 4
LegalEagle Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 1 minute ago, MB said: Well well well Turns out announcement has just been made as I I said yesterday. Did say day one as well probably wasn’t as bad as people expected with suspended ban but goal posts moved after TE interview and sfc lawyers did a good job for once. Even a fucked clock tells the right time twice a day 1
Turkish Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 1 minute ago, MB said: Well well well Turns out announcement has just been made as I I said yesterday. Did say day one as well probably wasn’t as bad as people expected with suspended ban but goal posts moved after TE interview and sfc lawyers did a good job for once. Spot on again mate don’t let the bastards grind you down 8
RedArmy Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 2 hours ago, Saint_lambden said: Some people are going to be disappointed I think. Must have been talking about delldays 2
Saint86 Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago (edited) https://fmttmboro.com/index.php?threads/eckert’s-day-of-reckoning.85933/page-14 Edited 3 hours ago by Saint86 8
trousers Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Just now, LordHester said: So it turns out that those who said that Bielsa wasn't a precedent were right; he ended up forking out £200,000. I'm actually going to stick my neck out here and play my "Told You So" card... I always maintained the proportionalityof the sanction should be measured against what Bielsa did, and that's more or less the outcome here. All hail the hitherto hidden common sense of the FA!
egg Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Pleasantly surprised by that. Farcical that it took so long to sort it though. Now to draw a line and focus on the football. 1
RedArmy Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 2 minutes ago, MB said: Well well well Turns out announcement has just been made as I I said yesterday. Did say day one as well probably wasn’t as bad as people expected with suspended ban but goal posts moved after TE interview and sfc lawyers did a good job for once. The postman always delivers. 1
23rdSaint Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago The FA's findings here: https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/discipline-cases/2026-27/the-fa-v-tonda-eckert.ashx
trousers Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 3 minutes ago, MB said: Well well well Turns out announcement has just been made as I I said yesterday. Did say day one as well probably wasn’t as bad as people expected with suspended ban but goal posts moved after TE interview and sfc lawyers did a good job for once. Is it "done" or "almost done" though.... 1
hypochondriac Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 3 minutes ago, MB said: Well well well Turns out announcement has just been made as I I said yesterday. Did say day one as well probably wasn’t as bad as people expected with suspended ban but goal posts moved after TE interview and sfc lawyers did a good job for once. I thought the appeal had been lodged? 1
CB Fry Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 1 minute ago, Turkish said: Well that’s underwhelming I glued my hands to the pavement outside Lancaster Gate this morning for nothing. AND YES THANK YOU TO ALL THE HELPFUL PEOPLE TELLING ME THE FA HAVEN'T BEEN BASED THERE SINCE GRAHAM KELLY THANK YOU VERY MUCH 6
CSA96 Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago The full 48-page written reasons report is now available to read on The FA's website: https://thefa.com/news/2026/oct/07/tonda-eckert-update-071026
Saint86 Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago (edited) Somewhen better check on Blackmore at this troubling time... Edited 3 hours ago by Saint86
hypochondriac Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Just now, Pamplemousse said: Boro tears have already begun in the media What a twat. No one will be repeating it after the bun raping the EFL gave us. 1
The Kraken Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago On 24/09/2026 at 22:40, MB said: My understanding is there is a ban and a suspended ban 2
macca155 Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Well that's a relief and a fair judgement, although others may not see it that way. Bollocks to them. The Man City affair going on at the same time has probably helped. That will be at the forefront of the FAs collective mind. They wouldn't want any additional legal challenges.
Jack Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago (edited) Just fucking win on Sunday now to put it all to bed. Oh and that Friday night game in November too Edited 3 hours ago by Jack 1
LordHester Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Just now, trousers said: I'm actually going to stick my neck out here and play my "Told You So" card... I always maintained the proportionalityof the sanction should be measured against what Bielsa did, and that's more or less the outcome here. All hail the hitherto hidden common sense of the FA! Well yeah, me too. I couldn't quite fathom how they were going to ban Tonda for months given how they'd handled Bielsa. Pleased that the FA punishment has at least been proportionate. 2
trousers Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 3 minutes ago, CB Fry said: Absolutely sensational. What a time to play Pompey. Except we all know what the most Saintsy thing in the world would be now...
Toadhall Saint Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Excellent news - the FA applying some common sense (who would have thought it). UTS
obelisk Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago I see that Dragan has stuck the boot into the EFL and quite right too. That process was a farce and ought to be open to legal challenge. It seems that the FA blazers were much more reasonable in their considerations. 1
bpsaint Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago On 01/10/2026 at 12:27, MB said: Broke the news we had interviewed GoN…. correct ✅ Said day one, literally when spygate broke, Tonda was behind everything… correct ✅ Said JWP was coming…. correct✅ Plenty more too…. in fact the only thing i have got wrong was Tonda getting fired, and that was only because Solak intervened and said we must keep him. Believe what you want I don’t give a shit. He’s banned and the club has lodged an appeal. Get over it MB - Massive Bullshitter. 1
Saint NL Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 2 minutes ago, Saint86 said: https://fmttmboro.com/index.php?threads/eckert’s-day-of-reckoning.85933/page-14 Someone on there saying "Ouch, 28k is a lot of money" 🤣 4
Holmes_and_Watson Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Sensible from the FA. They've taken a thorough look at Tonda's actions and reasons, and felt no need for more than the fine, and the suspended ban, which is line with his apology and subsequent actions.
LordHester Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 1 minute ago, Jack said: Just fucking win on Saturday now to put it all to bed. Oh and that Friday night game in November too I'd prefer to win on Sunday if I'm honest. 1
Britannia Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago £28k is whack of money to me but it’s not that much in the professional sport industry. 1
MarkSFC Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 2 minutes ago, Jack said: Just fucking win on Saturday now to put it all to bed. Oh and that Friday night game in November too I’d rather win Sunday… 1
explorer saint Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago On to Sunday now at last we can move on !!! Shows how over the top the EFL were
Saint86 Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 2 minutes ago, CSA96 said: The full 48-page written reasons report is now available to read on The FA's website: https://thefa.com/news/2026/oct/07/tonda-eckert-update-071026 Anyone want to wager if this is the boro rat? Also, this is the only mention of bullying in the report - i wonder if this opens up an avenue of legal recourse as clearly those chargers were trumped up to hammer home the EFL sanction and try and justify the decision to give both boro and the EFL their "final". 1
skintsaint Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 4 minutes ago, 23rdSaint said: The FA's findings here: https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/discipline-cases/2026-27/the-fa-v-tonda-eckert.ashx
craigthesaint Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said: Well done to Craig. The one true itk... Not quite right as annoucement got brought forward due to leaks and although I knew of the suspended sentence, I knew no more than it was suspended so couldn't say much more than I did. Either way, the news is fantastic and proportionate so at last we can move on and hopefully march up the table and achieve promotion now as TE will be now supported in the January window 8
trousers Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago (edited) 6 minutes ago, obelisk said: I see that Dragan has stuck the boot into the EFL and quite right too. That process was a farce and ought to be open to legal challenge. It seems that the FA blazers were much more reasonable in their considerations. I do wonder if Dragan might mount a retrospective case against the EFL, now the matter is concluded (as far as the FA is concerned)...? Or will he just let sleeping dogs lie now... (Probably the latter) Edited 3 hours ago by trousers
Willo of Whiteley Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 8 minutes ago, MB said: Well well well Turns out announcement has just been made as I I said yesterday. Did say day one as well probably wasn’t as bad as people expected with suspended ban but goal posts moved after TE interview and sfc lawyers did a good job for once. I thought it was bad news and Rob Edwards was signing? 😅 1
Holmes_and_Watson Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 3 minutes ago, trousers said: I'm actually going to stick my neck out here and play my "Told You So" card... I always maintained the proportionalityof the sanction should be measured against what Bielsa did, and that's more or less the outcome here. All hail the hitherto hidden common sense of the FA! I think you'll find that I posted first, basically telling you, so you could tell others that you told them before being told by different others who are telling them that they told them. 2
qwertyell Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Incredible outcome. Can't believe in our wildest dreams we expected such a nothing burger. Weird feeling to have something go our way for a change. Snap their hands off and absolutely crack the fuck on with the season. Of course, we'll scrape 2 points from our next 4 away games and he'll be sacked by Christmas, replaced by a random homeless Serb who once coached a prison XI - but let's enjoy the moment. 5
skintsaint Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Not much of a deterrent, after being booted out the playoffs, 4 points deduction, 6 week suspended ban and a fine.... Maybe lethal injection next time? ....actually .. 1
Britannia Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 6 minutes ago, egg said: Pleasantly surprised by that. Farcical that it took so long to sort it though. Now to draw a line and focus on the football. A long time to what might be the “right decision?”
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now