Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well well well 

Turns out announcement has just been made as I I said yesterday.

Did say day one as well probably wasn’t as bad as people expected with suspended ban but goal posts moved after TE interview and sfc lawyers did a good job for once.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 16
Posted (edited)

Love it! Up the FA, fuck the EFL, fuck Boro. 
 

edit: on reflection The FA wanted a nine month ban so fuck them too.

Edited by bpsaint
  • Like 1
  • St Chalet changed the title to The Spygate Saga - Tonda Marches On (Official)
  • Jimmy_D changed the title to The Spygate Saga - 6 Week ban suspended for Eckert
Posted
Just now, MB said:

Well well well 

Turns out announcement has just been made as I I said yesterday.

Did say day one as well probably wasn’t as bad as people expected with suspended ban but goal posts moved after TE interview and sfc lawyers did a good job for once.

You're funny, I'll give you that 

Posted

People in Boro will save a fortune on fuel this winter by heating all of their homes with these gallons of boiled piss

  • Like 1
  • Haha 10
Posted
Just now, LordHester said:

So it turns out that those who said that Bielsa wasn't a precedent were right; he ended up forking out £200,000.

He also admitted to doing it every single game and showed no remorse whatsoever. Would have been a travesty if Eckert got worse than him.

  • Like 4
Posted
1 minute ago, MB said:

Well well well 

Turns out announcement has just been made as I I said yesterday.

Did say day one as well probably wasn’t as bad as people expected with suspended ban but goal posts moved after TE interview and sfc lawyers did a good job for once.

Even a fucked clock tells the right time twice a day

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, MB said:

Well well well 

Turns out announcement has just been made as I I said yesterday.

Did say day one as well probably wasn’t as bad as people expected with suspended ban but goal posts moved after TE interview and sfc lawyers did a good job for once.

Spot on again mate don’t let the bastards grind you down

  • Haha 10
Posted
2 hours ago, Saint_lambden said:

Some people are going to be disappointed I think. 

Must have been talking about delldays 

  • Haha 2
Posted
Just now, LordHester said:

So it turns out that those who said that Bielsa wasn't a precedent were right; he ended up forking out £200,000.

I'm actually going to stick my neck out here and play my "Told You So" card... I always maintained the proportionalityof the sanction should be measured against what Bielsa did, and that's more or less the outcome here. All hail the hitherto hidden common sense of the FA! 

Posted

Pleasantly surprised by that. Farcical that it took so long to sort it though. 

Now to draw a line and focus on the football. 

  • Like 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, MB said:

Well well well 

Turns out announcement has just been made as I I said yesterday.

Did say day one as well probably wasn’t as bad as people expected with suspended ban but goal posts moved after TE interview and sfc lawyers did a good job for once.

The postman always delivers. 

  • Like 1
Posted
3 minutes ago, MB said:

Well well well 

Turns out announcement has just been made as I I said yesterday.

Did say day one as well probably wasn’t as bad as people expected with suspended ban but goal posts moved after TE interview and sfc lawyers did a good job for once.

Is it "done" or "almost done" though.... ;)

  • Haha 1
Posted
3 minutes ago, MB said:

Well well well 

Turns out announcement has just been made as I I said yesterday.

Did say day one as well probably wasn’t as bad as people expected with suspended ban but goal posts moved after TE interview and sfc lawyers did a good job for once.

I thought the appeal had been lodged?

  • Haha 1
Posted
1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Well that’s underwhelming 

I glued my hands to the pavement outside Lancaster Gate this morning for nothing.

AND YES THANK YOU TO ALL THE HELPFUL PEOPLE TELLING ME THE FA HAVEN'T BEEN BASED THERE SINCE GRAHAM KELLY THANK YOU VERY MUCH

  • Haha 6
Posted

Well that's a relief and a fair judgement, although others may not see it that way. Bollocks to them.

The Man City affair going on at the same time has probably helped. That will be at the forefront of the FAs collective mind. They wouldn't want any additional legal challenges.

Posted (edited)

Just fucking win on Sunday now to put it all to bed. Oh and that Friday night game in November too 

Edited by Jack
  • Like 1
Posted
Just now, trousers said:

I'm actually going to stick my neck out here and play my "Told You So" card... I always maintained the proportionalityof the sanction should be measured against what Bielsa did, and that's more or less the outcome here. All hail the hitherto hidden common sense of the FA! 

Well yeah, me too. I couldn't quite fathom how they were going to ban Tonda for months given how they'd handled Bielsa. Pleased that the FA punishment has at least been proportionate.

  • Like 2
Posted
3 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Absolutely sensational. 

What a time to play Pompey.

Except we all know what the most Saintsy thing in the world would be now... 

Posted

I see that Dragan has stuck the boot into the EFL and quite right too. That process was a farce and ought to be open to legal challenge. It seems that the FA blazers were much more reasonable in their considerations.

  • Like 1
Posted
On 01/10/2026 at 12:27, MB said:

Broke the news we had interviewed GoN…. correct ✅

Said day one, literally when spygate broke, Tonda was behind everything… correct ✅

Said JWP was coming…. correct✅

Plenty more too….

in fact the only thing i have got wrong was Tonda getting fired, and that was only because Solak intervened and said we must keep him. 
 

Believe what you want I don’t give a shit. He’s banned and the club has lodged an appeal. Get over it 

MB - Massive Bullshitter.

  • Haha 1
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack said:

Just fucking win on Saturday now to put it all to bed. Oh and that Friday night game in November too 

I'd prefer to win on Sunday if I'm honest.

  • Haha 2
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack said:

Just fucking win on Saturday now to put it all to bed. Oh and that Friday night game in November too 

I’d rather win Sunday…

  • Haha 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

The full 48-page written reasons report is now available to read on The FA's website: https://thefa.com/news/2026/oct/07/tonda-eckert-update-071026

Anyone want to wager if this is the boro rat? Also, this is the only mention of bullying in the report - i wonder if this opens up an avenue of legal recourse as clearly those chargers were trumped up to hammer home the EFL sanction and try and justify the decision to give both boro and the EFL their "final".
image.png.ccb40d31ae27ec990e338742aa0ea8e3.png

  • Like 1
Posted
3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Well done to Craig. The one true itk...

Not quite right as annoucement got brought forward due to leaks and although I knew of the suspended sentence, I knew no more than it was suspended so couldn't say much more than I did.

Either way, the news is fantastic and proportionate so at last we can move on and hopefully march up the table and achieve promotion now as TE will be now supported in the January window

  • Like 9
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, obelisk said:

I see that Dragan has stuck the boot into the EFL and quite right too. That process was a farce and ought to be open to legal challenge. It seems that the FA blazers were much more reasonable in their considerations.

I do wonder if Dragan might mount a retrospective case against the EFL, now the matter is concluded (as far as the FA is concerned)...? Or will he just let sleeping dogs lie now... (Probably the latter)

Edited by trousers
Posted
8 minutes ago, MB said:

Well well well 

Turns out announcement has just been made as I I said yesterday.

Did say day one as well probably wasn’t as bad as people expected with suspended ban but goal posts moved after TE interview and sfc lawyers did a good job for once.

I thought it was bad news and Rob Edwards was signing? 😅

 

  • Like 1
Posted
3 minutes ago, trousers said:

I'm actually going to stick my neck out here and play my "Told You So" card... I always maintained the proportionalityof the sanction should be measured against what Bielsa did, and that's more or less the outcome here. All hail the hitherto hidden common sense of the FA! 

I think you'll find that I posted first, basically telling you, so you could tell others that you told them before being told by different others who are telling them that they told them.

  • Haha 2
Posted

Incredible outcome. Can't believe in our wildest dreams we expected such a nothing burger. 

Weird feeling to have something go our way for a change. 

Snap their hands off and absolutely crack the fuck on with the season.

Of course, we'll scrape 2 points from our next 4 away games and he'll be sacked by Christmas, replaced by a random homeless Serb who once coached a prison XI - but let's enjoy the moment. 

 

  • Haha 5
Posted

Not much of a deterrent, after being booted out the playoffs, 4 points deduction, 6 week suspended ban and a fine....

image.thumb.png.f2e510ef19aa18ebeefb818931337024.png

Maybe lethal injection next time? ....actually ..

  • Haha 2
Posted
6 minutes ago, egg said:

Pleasantly surprised by that. Farcical that it took so long to sort it though. 

Now to draw a line and focus on the football. 

A long time to what might be the “right decision?”

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...