Morgan Schneiderlin

Leicestersaint

Where are all the old farts who were saying he was sh*t & we should get rid?

It was clear in anyone who knows anything about the game that the boy has always had the class, now he has the steel as well.

This old fart has never said anything like the above!

Where are all the old farts who were saying he was sh*t & we should get rid?

It was clear in anyone who knows anything about the game that the boy has always had the class, now he has the steel as well.

I'm willing to guess this is a bit like that thing of "everyone on here said we would finish top 6"' then the thread was resurrected and it turned out two people said top 6 and about thirty said mid table. Also the idiots saying "everybody on here thought kelvin should play for England"' then the thread was brought back and it was clearly an ironic comment from the OP and not one person on the resulting thread thought Kelvin should play for England.

now we're getting the comments about people on here saying Morgan wasn't good enough and Hammond was better. Forgive me if I assume that once again this was an opinion held by about two posters and that you're having yet another knee jerk reaction against a minority opinion. I remember posts saying Morgan wasn't performing well enough and needed to toughen up a bit in league one, I'd say tha was fair enough and he clearly did toughen up and his game changed significantly as he filled out a bit. I don't remember any groundswell of opinion that Hammond was the better long term bet.

I'm willing to guess this is a bit like that thing of "everyone on here said we would finish top 6"' then the thread was resurrected and it turned out two people said top 6 and about thirty said mid table. Also the idiots saying "everybody on here thought kelvin should play for England"' then the thread was brought back and it was clearly an ironic comment from the OP and not one person on the resulting thread thought Kelvin should play for England.

now we're getting the comments about people on here saying Morgan wasn't good enough and Hammond was better. Forgive me if I assume that once again this was an opinion held by about two posters and that you're having yet another knee jerk reaction against a minority opinion. I remember posts saying Morgan wasn't performing well enough and needed to toughen up a bit in league one, I'd say tha was fair enough and he clearly did toughen up and his game changed significantly as he filled out a bit. I don't remember any groundswell of opinion that Hammond was the better long term bet.

Nope, it was a cohort of duffers (they have coaching badges don't you know), who were consistent in their slagging off of Morgan.

Even back in the dark early days in L1, and even the season before, his class was clear but he wasn't good enough according to them and should be shipped out.

He's no paul wooton though is he?

I've said for a long, long time that he's one of the best midfielders we've seen at Saints in a while. To me he wouldn't look out of place in a champions league side, and the scary thing is just how young he is.

Nope, it was a cohort of duffers (they have coaching badges don't you know), who were consistent in their slagging off of Morgan.

Even back in the dark early days in L1, and even the season before, his class was clear but he wasn't good enough according to them and should be shipped out.

A cohort eh? That's far more convincing. With kelvin and top 6 it was always a "brigade".

Like I say, I remember comments, but they all just said he wasn't tough enough, which he probably wasn't, I assume that's why he bulked up a bit. The calls to have him shipped out were either a tiny minority or fictional, that's usually the pattern here. I remember you were one of those going on about how deluded this board was saying we'd finish top 6. Two people amid a huge majority saying otherwise. You need to calm down and get a little perspective.

Mind you if it is a "cohort" I'm pretty sue you'll find evidence of at least ten posters saying it to back you up, go ahead.

League 1 was the best thing that could have happened for us and Morgan. It allowed Morgan to fully integrate himself into the club and immediately start charging for success and lots of wins. He matured as a player a hell of a lot in those 2 years, as well as becoming stronger, more consistent and a team player. In my eye's, hes also captain material - but we have lots of potential captains at this club, which is why we have such a good team spirit. They all bounce off each other so well.

I remember the first ever game Morgan played, the 2-2 friendly against WHU at the start of the Wotte/Port era. He was majestic and done stuff on the ball that us saints fans hadn't seen for a long, long time. Unfortunately for him, he got sucked into the charade that year and lost his way - as did many of our players. But as they say, the class never leaves them, and he's always been a player who is just pure class without any debate.

A cohort eh? That's far more convincing. With kelvin and top 6 it was always a "brigade".

Like I say, I remember comments, but they all just said he wasn't tough enough, which he probably wasn't, I assume that's why he bulked up a bit. The calls to have him shipped out were either a tiny minority or fictional, that's usually the pattern here. I remember you were one of those going on about how deluded this board was saying we'd finish top 6. Two people amid a huge majority saying otherwise. You need to calm down and get a little perspective.

Mind you if it is a "cohort" I'm pretty sue you'll find evidence of at least ten posters saying it to back you up, go ahead.

Find evidence? WTF is this CSI St Mary's? How's about you find evidence that I'm not correct or how's about I don't give a fat rat's arse about what you think?

Playing like that against a team like Man Utd surely proves he should get International recognition. Great player,

consistently.

He is the Cesc Fabergas of our team in that he is constantly putting in strong performances only to be ignored by an internatrional manager spoiled for choice! If he was English he would already be in the England team.

Its rather a shame that Lallana and him cannot change nationalities as Lallana's style would appeal to the French whilst Morgan is a class English ball winning no nonsense midfielder.

Actually, it's very interesting to do a thread search on the word Morgan, loads of threads pop up from the last four years, so it's very easy to find out what opinions were being given. The overwhelming opinion in league on shown on this board was that Morgan was easily our most talented midfielder, but was being too inconsistent. It's repeated on thread after thread.

On all of the threads I read through, the closest I came to finding the legendary cohorts of fans wanting him shipped out were somebody saying he should be dropped to the bench and ONE poster, somebody called "crowds" (?) who thought we should get rid.

I recommend looking back, it's interesting to see the progress he's made and it gives you a bit of perspective on the comments telling us that so many thought he wasn't as good as Hammond or wotton. He was always very popular, even when he was underperforming.

Dragging that back up confirms one thing..... I was right even back then ;)

It also begs the question...... Whats happened to justmike? Is he ok? I miss him

Without doubt the pairing of Morgan and Victor has made our midfield hard as nails a bit of Beauty and the Beast, or even Velvet Glove in Morgan and Iron Fist in Victor (not that Morgan is shy of being a bit nasty).

for a while I have often thought that with Morgan in midfield he gives the team a good tempo.

That precision tackle on Wellbeck when you consider that Morgan already had a yellow card was akin to the work of a brain surgeon.

A few interesting things on there from May 2009:

Arizona posited that Schneiderlin's stats in 2008/9 were "f'cking appalling" and questioned if he was "Saints' biggest waste of money ever", then "I don't care if 99p was paid up front and we owe the rest when he reaches 100 caps for France and gets a World Cup Golden Boot. Spening money on kids, when we had a squad full of better adapted kids (i.e. ones who grew up watching and playing English football and have spent the last 3 years sat at the back of block 6 for every home game) was wrong."

He also said " I really don't rate Wotton, but I'd have him in the side ahead of Schneiderlin, simply because he gets stuck in."

Dicko said he "lacks the heart and fighting spirit to make him the top player he thinks he is"

Saintjersey lumped him in with "Smith, Gasmi, Pulis, Pekhart and Molyneux" as "Saints' worst season for signings".

Ewell : "Give me Wotton over Schneiderlin every time. It is no good if you have the ability but no heart, drive or passion for the game"

and "worst signing since that huge disappointment Skacel. Good riddance to both I hope!"

aintforever "useless, uninterested french kid worth nothing"

ottery st mary : "Very poor at Exeter playing Centre Half....Could not head the ball and definitely could not tackle.."

"James when I saw him the year before at Exeter and in the reserves was a much better centre mid field..."

Andy_Porter (ha!): "He's sh*te, he just doesn't do anything at all. He just ponces around in the centre circle letting games pass him by. Gillett is a much better option in the middle."

um pahars "Poortvliet and Schneiderlin, because in them we made two very, very, very poor decisions that ultimately have cost us big time."

ALWAYS_SFC "Stupid money wasting buy....we had very little money apparently

and wasted it on this lightweight frenc bambi... Thing is we we get anywhere near the 1.2mill?....not a chance.."

Turkish (!) : "Is that not the point? no on really knows what he is. Hes played centre back, central defensive and attacking midfield and wide attacking midfield this season and been pony in all of them. Not got the pace for the wide midfield positions, the skill for attacking midfield or the aggression for defensive midfield. His stats say it all, he contributes nothing. To squander £1.2m on a kid when the club is in serious financial woe is just plain folly and in Lowes top 5 blunders"

The9 said: "Just another example of a good player made to look poor by the lack of quality around him.

He can't head, he's not the greatest tackler, but he can pass all day and he sees options in advanced roles - when there's someone to actually pass to that is"

Then ruined it with:

"God knows why we've ended up playing him at DM when he should be playing in the hole", though he has sat in the front line on occasion this season!

Though this wond'rous assessor of talent also said of other "talent"...

"Gasmi's quite decent actually, skilful, puts effort in, creative too. But he's a loanee, isn't he ? - EDIT, and leaving. Oh well.

Smith is one footed and shoite, like a bloody terrible version of Fabrice Fernandes. Already found his level and now dragging the rest of the club down to it.

Pulis is just "meh" and I hope I never have to see him in the first team. All indications are that he brings nothing, though I don't think I've seen him play.

Pekhart was and is miles better than McGoldrick in touch, distribution, heading, awareness and speed, with much quicker feet, all of which he showed on his debut, but he clearly got p1ssed off with McGoldrick getting games ahead of him and getting shunted out wide and stopped trying.

Molyneux didn't look very good in the one match I've seen him either."

:adore:

Edited by The9

I bet you are like the person at work who constantly reminds drunk colleagues of all the stuff they did and said on night out when in the office thenext day when sober.

This poll before I discovered this wonderful forum but everyone says crap that no longer applies and in hindsight makes them look stupid - called being a fan.

I remember saying how Shearer would get 'found out'and we did well to get £3m for him.

Btw I always rated Morgan and agree absolutely outstanding today but wouldn't want to be too smug about it

A few interesting things on there from May 2009:

Arizona posited that Schneiderlin's stats in 2008/9 were "f'cking appalling" and questioned if he was "Saints' biggest waste of money ever", then "I don't care if 99p was paid up front and we owe the rest when he reaches 100 caps for France and gets a World Cup Golden Boot. Spening money on kids, when we had a squad full of better adapted kids (i.e. ones who grew up watching and playing English football and have spent the last 3 years sat at the back of block 6 for every home game) was wrong."

He also said " I really don't rate Wotton, but I'd have him in the side ahead of Schneiderlin, simply because he gets stuck in."

Dicko said he "lacks the heart and fighting spirit to make him the top player he thinks he is"

Saintjersey lumped him in with "Smith, Gasmi, Pulis, Pekhart and Molyneux" as "Saints' worst season for signings".

Ewell : "Give me Wotton over Schneiderlin every time. It is no good if you have the ability but no heart, drive or passion for the game"

and "worst signing since that huge disappointment Skacel. Good riddance to both I hope!"

aintforever "useless, uninterested french kid worth nothing"

ottery st mary : "Very poor at Exeter playing Centre Half....Could not head the ball and definitely could not tackle.."

"James when I saw him the year before at Exeter and in the reserves was a much better centre mid field..."

Andy_Porter (ha!): "He's sh*te, he just doesn't do anything at all. He just ponces around in the centre circle letting games pass him by. Gillett is a much better option in the middle."

um pahars "Poortvliet and Schneiderlin, because in them we made two very, very, very poor decisions that ultimately have cost us big time."

ALWAYS_SFC "Stupid money wasting buy....we had very little money apparently

and wasted it on this lightweight frenc bambi... Thing is we we get anywhere near the 1.2mill?....not a chance.."

Turkish (!) : "Is that not the point? no on really knows what he is. Hes played centre back, central defensive and attacking midfield and wide attacking midfield this season and been pony in all of them. Not got the pace for the wide midfield positions, the skill for attacking midfield or the aggression for defensive midfield. His stats say it all, he contributes nothing. To squander £1.2m on a kid when the club is in serious financial woe is just plain folly and in Lowes top 5 blunders"

The9 said: "Just another example of a good player made to look poor by the lack of quality around him.

He can't head, he's not the greatest tackler, but he can pass all day and he sees options in advanced roles - when there's someone to actually pass to that is"

Then ruined it with:

"God knows why we've ended up playing him at DM when he should be playing in the hole", though he has sat in the front line on occasion this season!

Though this wond'rous assessor of talent also said of other "talent"...

"Gasmi's quite decent actually, skilful, puts effort in, creative too. But he's a loanee, isn't he ? - EDIT, and leaving. Oh well.

Smith is one footed and shoite, like a bloody terrible version of Fabrice Fernandes. Already found his level and now dragging the rest of the club down to it.

Pulis is just "meh" and I hope I never have to see him in the first team. All indications are that he brings nothing, though I don't think I've seen him play.

Pekhart was and is miles better than McGoldrick in touch, distribution, heading, awareness and speed, with much quicker feet, all of which he showed on his debut, but he clearly got p1ssed off with McGoldrick getting games ahead of him and getting shunted out wide and stopped trying.

Molyneux didn't look very good in the one match I've seen him either."

:adore:

He was utter craaaap at Exeter...played out of position at CB and out of his depth even when moved to midfield..Obviously you don't mention my later posts

when he has improved no end....please go back and read said posts for balance regarding my view on his gradual improvement.

Prost... obviously an expert...saw his undoubted talent......but due to the system and what Rupert wanted..Morgan was thrown into early games far too early..

To be honest...unlike you I am no football expert:mcinnes: and have totally got it wrong regarding some players early games.....read my later posts on Morgan...where I mention Channon:D

Having said that.......I THOUGHT YOU WERE UTTER CRAAAAP WHEN I SAW YOU PL IN YOUR EARLY DAYS;)...AND IT STAYED THAT WAY THROUGHOUT YOUR CAREER:lol:

sO i DO GET IT RIGHT SOMETIMES:)

Re... MORGAN....still can't head the ball or shoot. But moving into world class in other parts of his all round game....

Improve the heading and shooting and he will be in the French side.....I think he should be there now....

BY THE WAY The9....you are a little winker:smug:

Only joking re your brilliant football career.....

Look at me...I still think Gaston is our best footballer:D

Edited by ottery st mary

To be fair, ottery wasn't rubbishing him entirely, just commenting on one performance.Unsurprised by some of the names though... :lol: Waaaaaaahmbulance for Ewell Saint

To be fair....

Some posters got it right throughout his early days..

Early on ...I was concerned about his reaction to English footer..

Morgan knuckled down and has improved his all round game.

When his heading improves and he wears some shooting boots:D

He will be wanted By Real Madrid , PSG, Barcelona etc.

There are many of my other posts where I posted that Morgan was showing great progress.

I soon, became a fan of this talented footballer.

Good luck to point scorers....we all love to be right .......even The9 has his moments:blush:

I remember watching him play for Strasbourg b when I was on holiday in France 7 years ago. He was amazing, scored 2, set up another one, ran the game and the best passer and tackler I'd see since Steve Williams. I posted it on here on the HCDAJFU thread that season and everyone laughed and said what a mistake it would be to sign him. I also emailed 'tellrupert@saints.co.uk to advise him of what I'd seen and had been told by my mate who watches a lot of French football and knew a coach at Strasbourg that he was available for a bargain of around £1m and would definitely be a premier league star worth £15m or more in a few years. I'm glad the club listened to me and not the mongboard skeptics. WTFISN.

Edited by Turkish