Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I live in gosport,I want the skates to just **** of and disappear up their own cheating arses,so I can bloody well display my allegiance to the club I love.

im sodding fed up with the drivel my work colleagues spout.

i want to go to work and just laugh in their faces.

thats not too much to ask is it.

let them die and be done with it,the stinking cesspool of depravity that is PFC.

Agree with you. I live in Lee on Solent and have the same problem.

Just had a txt from my cousin who is an avid Pompey fan.

he is on a cruise to the med on Ventura,I believe.

he is furious as he is on one of the formal evening dinners,and the person that dresses up as sammy the saint is on his table and my cousin is getting pelters from him.

there is such a thing as Karma.

I live in gosport,I want the skates to just **** of and disappear up their own cheating arses,so I can bloody well display my allegiance to the club I love.

im sodding fed up with the drivel my work colleagues spout.

i want to go to work and just laugh in their faces.

thats not too much to ask is it.

let them die and be done with it,the stinking cesspool of depravity that is PFC.

Where have you been ?? you could have been laughing in their faces for months already

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/appy-pleads-with-players-not-to-let-pompey-die-1-4082330

appy's taken to begging.

Last week, the news was still stating they would get all of their defferal money, but over a period of time.

The Mullins bit proves what we all knew, that isn't the case.

Part of the problem is that it was birch who asked them to take the deferals in the first and probably safe to assume, he assured them they would get it back when everything was sorted.

Allow me to paraphrase.

Last week

Voldemort: Dear Tal Ben Haim, Greg Halford, Erik Huseklepp, Dave Kitson, Liam Lawrence, David Norris, Luke Varney, Kanu: You're scum. You're not going to the Gibraltar time share holiday because you won't back down on your "demands." I'm taking some kids and rejects instead, who we won't sign anyway. F**k you!

Today

Voldemort: Dear Tal Ben Haim, Greg Halford, Erik Huseklepp, Dave Kitson, Liam Lawrence, David Norris, Luke Varney, Kanu: Please give up the millions you are rightfully owed. That way my cesspit of a club will stagger on for a couple of more years until Chinny can get his hands on all of the remaining parachute money, which otherwise could be used to pay you. Pretty please.

One of the commenters on The News:

Err, I thought it was exactly the opposite. If they do cancel their contracts BC will go ahead, then pocket the PP. If they don't BC pulls out, the club folds and the PP will be used to pay the players direct.

Yes, I think that's what most of us nutjobs are guessing.

Tragic, isn't it? :lol:

Originally Posted by suewhistle viewpost-right.png

One of the commenters on The News:

Err, I thought it was exactly the opposite. If they do cancel their contracts BC will go ahead, then pocket the PP. If they don't BC pulls out, the club folds and the PP will be used to pay the players direct.

I guess that means they are caught between a Rock & a hard Plaice

@pn_neil_allen: RT @alex_crook: Struggling to comprehend how players like Kanu Ben Haim and Kitson sleep at night. Do one now and let #pompey live #mercenaries

I actually don't know how that neil allen can sleep at night after getting paid for the rubbish he gets printed.

Oh hang on it's in pimpey - move along nothing to see after all.

@pn_neil_allen: RT @alex_crook: Struggling to comprehend how players like Kanu Ben Haim and Kitson sleep at night. Do one now and let #pompey live #mercenaries

He's right though, I can't comprehend how any employe can sleep well at night after not being paid most of their wages then being hounded out of their employment.

IF, and I really hope it doesn't happen, a player gets assaulted and then the scumbag is found and arrested

I wonder if neil allen will also be arrested and charged? I also have to say I am a tad surprised that he has been

allowed to get his hatred printed so much especially considering those unknowns have been imprisoned for

spouting off on what they thought was a private webpage on facebook. Now I think of it some of the comments

that have supposedly been said by Trevor have been a tad insightful as well.

A group of Portsmouth fans plan on handing the players an open letter tomorrow at their Eastleigh 'training ground'. It has been dubed a "letter of understanding" and is in no way a begging letter begging players to leave. However, it does say, could you please leave, pretty please, oh go on, you've already got loads of money, pleeeeeeaaaase.

Not as simple as that. Trev probably has pleaded with just about every club to take them off his hands - I'm sure he would give them away if he could. BUT - take Kitson for example - rumoured to be on £17k per week I think. It might be that some other club is prepared to offer him a contract for £7k per week - so that would leave Kitson £10k per week out of pocket on his current deal - so he says 'Oi, Birchy - I'll go if you pay me up the extra £10k/week on my current deal'.

There is the sticking point. They can't give their players away because they offered way over market price to get them to Krap Nottarf in the first place....and in the case of Kitson/Lawrence/Norris/Husselkrap etc...that was AFTER they should have learned their lesson from the first admin.

How many clubs have they shafted over the past few years by stealing players through offering contracts no one else could match and PFC couldn't afford? Which clubs were denied a place in the PL/FA Cup Final/Europe because of this policy? I think the whole FL should close ranks and not offer to sign any of their players. They'll be free soon enough. :D

Exactly this - how the hell were they offering contracts like these guys are on? Didn't alarm bells start ringing somewhere?

Of course not - they got away with it once or was it twice or three times - lost count!!

Now it is these very contracts, compounded onto all the Mad Mad Mad deals done under Storrie Teller and Rosie The Dog that are the final nails in the coffin that houses the stinking decaying corpse.

FOAD you *****s. No sympathy at all from me.

A group of Portsmouth fans plan on handing the players an open letter tomorrow at their Eastleigh 'training ground'. It has been dubed a "letter of understanding" and is in no way a begging letter begging players to leave. However, it does say, could you please leave, pretty please, oh go on, you've already got loads of money, pleeeeeeaaaase.

Maybe we should hand them an open letter as well?

Maybe we should hand them an open letter as well?
Maybe we should write an open letter to all the trailists explaining that this is how Pompey fans will react to them when they have the temerity to expect to be paid the money that's on the contracts Pompey want them to sign.

From one of the Skate News comments:-

PlayUpPompeyFanJake2011

Can we do it? Can we really get our points back and start on an even footing? If we can + sign the majority of the trialists currently at the club, I can see us having a very successful season.

****ing hilarious!!!!

how sad is that its pathetic.if I was a player I would dig dig my heels in even more after taking pay cuts to try to keep that no mark club in existence.

I see this Neil Allen is turning into Pompey's version of Julius Streicher.....and if your wondering who he was, I've included a link below. I mean a line like "Portsm*ff players, they're our misfortune" sounds about right considering the rhetoric that Allen is spouting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Streicher

Nice link. If Allen's written output is not just empty rhetoric, and is at all consistent with what he actually thinks, then I do feel a bit sorry for him because at some point he's left the path of reason

From one of the Skate News comments:-

PlayUpPompeyFanJake2011

Can we do it? Can we really get our points back and start on an even footing? If we can + sign the majority of the trialists currently at the club, I can see us having a very successful season.

****ing hilarious!!!!

It's getting harder and harder to work out which posts on the News (and similar sites) are actual Skate fans and which are Saints taking the p1ss. Assuming that this is a genuine Skate, which it probably is, the bit I like best is this idea of "getting our points back" - as if something that's rightfully theirs has been taken away. They don't seem to get the point (pun fully intended) that the Football League is not imposing a penalty here, it's setting conditions for the golden share to be handed over. In other words, they're saying "You're not part of our members-only club right now; if you want to join, here's what you have to do." Hell, they've even explained in full why they're imposing these conditions.

Even Birch's comments have made it clear that there's no appeal process - he's just trying to persuade the League to change their terms and conditions for membership. But, given the manner of the News' reports on the subject, it's hardly surprising that the issue is seen somewhat differently down on Portsea Island.

It's getting harder and harder to work out which posts on the News (and similar sites) are actual Skate fans and which are Saints taking the p1ss. Assuming that this is a genuine Skate, which it probably is, the bit I like best is this idea of "getting our points back" - as if something that's rightfully theirs has been taken away. They don't seem to get the point (pun fully intended) that the Football League is not imposing a penalty here, it's setting conditions for the golden share to be handed over. In other words, they're saying "You're not part of our members-only club right now; if you want to join, here's what you have to do." Hell, they've even explained in full why they're imposing these conditions.

Even Birch's comments have made it clear that there's no appeal process - he's just trying to persuade the League to change their terms and conditions for membership. But, given the manner of the News' reports on the subject, it's hardly surprising that the issue is seen somewhat differently down on Portsea Island.

Wikipedia's entry for 'Mass Hysteria' now refers to something called 'Conversion disorder', which seems to be the current term for this kind of behaviour where a more or less isolated group of people get themselves worked up: "Conversion disorder is where patients suffer apparently neurological symptoms, such as numbness, blindness, paralysis, or fits, but without a neurological cause. It is thought that these problems arise in response to difficulties in the patient's life, and conversion is considered a psychiatric disorder in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders fourth edition (DSM-IV).[1]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_disorder

I'm just making the point that Portsea Island is a small and isolated community where the truth seems to be what they want it to be

Edited by Waterside.saint

Wikipedia's entry for 'Mass Hysteria' now refers to something called 'Conversion disorder', which seems to be the current term for this kind of behaviour where a more or less isolated group of people get themselves worked up: "Conversion disorder is where patients suffer apparently neurological symptoms, such as numbness, blindness, paralysis, or fits, but without a neurological cause. It is thought that these problems arise in response to difficulties in the patient's life, and conversion is considered a psychiatric disorder in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders fourth edition (DSM-IV).[1]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_disorder

I'm just making the point that Portsea Island is a small and isolated community where the truth seems to be what they want it to be

Yes, that looks about right - and, as with so many other things down on the Dark Island, they have their own very special version of it!

Dear skates.

This must all have come as such a sudden shock to you. Especially that voice of the people mr allen.

Just one TINY little piece of information that you may not have noticed in all of this....

Your OWNERS - CSI - were placed into Administration in NOVEMBER 2011.

That's like NINE MONTHS AGO.

Now, when your OWNERS have told YOUR MANAGEMENT to SPEND WHAT THEY LIKE and have GONE BUST, what EXACTLY did you think would happen?

You have had NINE MONTHS, you have had AN ENTIRE TRANSFER WINDOW to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Well, guess what, you did fark all and NOW you are trying to rescue your pathetic excuse for a club in one week.

It's no longer just us nutjobs laughing at you, it's the entire footballing world.

Keep it up muppets - go burn some houses down, it'll improve the neighbourhood

Dear skates.

This must all have come as such a sudden shock to you. Especially that voice of the people mr allen.

Just one TINY little piece of information that you may not have noticed in all of this....

Your OWNERS - CSI - were placed into Administration in NOVEMBER 2011.

That's like NINE MONTHS AGO.

Now, when your OWNERS have told YOUR MANAGEMENT to SPEND WHAT THEY LIKE and have GONE BUST, what EXACTLY did you think would happen?

You have had NINE MONTHS, you have had AN ENTIRE TRANSFER WINDOW to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Well, guess what, you did fark all and NOW you are trying to rescue your pathetic excuse for a club in one week.

It's no longer just us nutjobs laughing at you, it's the entire footballing world.

Keep it up muppets - go burn some houses down, it'll improve the neighbourhood

Nicely put, although as far as burning houses down I think Portsmouth and Southampton have a pretty equal legacy courtesy of the Luftwaffe

I hate the money in football and crazy wages for kicking a ball while people starve, but I feel sorry for TBH now. He's done nothing hundreds of other players haven't. He probably had a range of transfer options, PFC came in and he thought 'well that's good money, I'll get games and cash'. Since that, he hasn't gone anything dishonest. Payment isn't performance based. He's taken a contract and expected to be paid, as any of us would. Whether that's 36k a year, a week or a day, it's the company that signed it and fairly sickening to then complain about it at a later date.

They are everything wrong about the short term nature of football clubs, the incessant gambling and the mindset of the fans, just accepting any level of risk for short term reward. They can bleat on about the owners having left, but questions should have been raised many years ago. Did it not seem odd to be buying such high wage earners and winning an FA Cup with a team of hired guns? it's fitting that a player like Kanu might finish them off. Most small clubs love their cup final teams, as we do and as they have with previous ones I'm sure. How does this one compare, full of mercenaries never afforded, with no affinity for the club and who'll lose no sleep if PFC never play another game?

The narrow-mindedness was always going to turn to hate, blame and bitterness, but Neil Allen's 'journalism' really leaves an uncomfortable feeling. It's illogical, inconsistent, hypocritical, embarrassing and clearly inciting hate. So much for the great support, it appears to come on a hugely conditional basis. Players must sign because of the club, stay for the club and be unpaid for the club or leave mid-contract for the club. That might work in the lower leagues with local players who care, but if you've clearly made signing mercenaries a policy, don't then drone on years later about the damage it's done and think you're being clever by calling the mercenaries #mercenaries.

The club has taken enough money out the community, the government, businesses, charities. Whoever they want to blame for it, it's still lost money outside the club. I accept it's not the fault of every fan, but it should damn well have an impact on how you view the situation and express your opinions. You don't have to be directly at fault for it to leave a sour taste, a bit of perspective and a desire to avoid repeating the crimes at all costs. Yet we see some eager to get a new team in, pay bigger wages than their rivals, try and get back into the championship 'at all costs'. They'll bring up other club's administrations, either believing it because their emotions have the better of them, sheer lack of research or sheer stupidity. There isn't a club out there with a comparable record. The number of creditors, the lack of lessons learnt and worst IMO, increasing debt following an administration, cheating the rest of the clubs in the league then writing off a whole heap more. -10 was insanely lenient yet they have the nerve to complain more. I wouldn't be. If it were my club, I'd either have been put off the game entirely (and they've put me off a fair bit as it is), or I'd be right behind starting a new club that actually meant something to the community, rather than being an embarrassing drain on a city and sport you're supposed to love.

For those reasons, I don't want to see them struggling down the bottom of L1, signing more players, continued bitterness and excuse making, or remembering the glory days of Kanu winning the cup. That club needs to disappear, and I won't celebrate it or mock, it'll just be the necessary outcome and just punishment for years of cheating and damage to the sport. Ideally they'll be quickly forgotten, we can all move on and if they have any sense, rather than moaning, fighting and bickering, they'll put their efforts towards a new club and start from scratch. If they're even a tenth of the fans they tell everyone they are, it shouldn't be a problem.

^ This +1

Isn't there a case for Neil Allen's inciteful comments being refered to the press complaints commision?

From watching too much of Levinson I believe they would only take note if one of the players asked them to look into it.

Isn't there a case for Neil Allen's inciteful comments being refered to the press complaints commision?

From watching too much of Levinson I believe they would only take note if one of the players asked them to look into it.

Perhaps we could suggest such a course of action to TBH et al

I think you'll find that during the rest of the Press Complaints Commission's short lifespan only those affected by a piece of journalism can complain, in other words TBH would have to make the complaint himself.

It may sound strange to say, but I think TBH has been quite dignified during this hate campaign against him. Granted, he might be holding a few aces and sitting in a lofty position that a £35,000 a week salary allows, but he probably has plenty of ammo to launch a scathing counter attack.

It looks as though he's getting some good advice from Pini: "Just keep schtum, bubbeleh."

On another subject, an earlier poster compared the way in which we and p****y view our FA Cup winning teams.

Their winning goalscorer was hailed as King Kanu and everyone worshipped at his feet, but now is reviled as a bloodsucking leech.

Bobby Stokes will always be revered by Saints fans, probably even more so as a he was a skate.

You somehow couldn't see a reverse situation happening on The Island of Dr Moreau.

I think you'll find that during the rest of the Press Complaints Commission's short lifespan only those affected by a piece of journalism can complain, in other words TBH would have to make the complaint himself.

It may sound strange to say, but I think TBH has been quite dignified during this hate campaign against him. Granted, he might be holding a few aces and sitting in a lofty position that a £35,000 a week salary allows, but he probably has plenty of ammo to launch a scathing counter attack.

It looks as though he's getting some good advice from Pini: "Just keep schtum, bubbeleh."

On another subject, an earlier poster compared the way in which we and p****y view our FA Cup winning teams.

Their winning goalscorer was hailed as King Kanu and everyone worshipped at his feet, but now is reviled as a bloodsucking leech.

Bobby Stokes will always be revered by Saints fans, probably even more so as a he was a skate.

You somehow couldn't see a reverse situation happening on The Island of Dr Moreau.

Has more of a ring than 'Portsea Island' and sums them up beautifully :)

I went to the Red Bulls game yesterday and was talking to the locals about our friend Luke Rodgers. They really rate him and say he did a great job here, partnering Thierry Henry (9 goals in 23 games).

They said they'd love to have kept him, but apparently he had troubles trying to renew his visa because of all the bar fights he'd gotten into and so had to leave the country. He then ended up in Norway last year for Lillestrøm.