League Cup Draw - Millwall (A)

Batman

Tough one. Pompey away for maximum humiliation for the dirty inbred ****es in front of the bestest of the best, or pompey at home to make it as uncomfortable as possible for them and allow far more Saints fans to witness their utter humiliation.

Tough one. Pompey away for maximum humiliation for the dirty inbred ****es in front of the bestest of the best, or pompey at home to make it as uncomfortable as possible for them and allow far more Saints fans to witness their utter humiliation.

Clearly that!

Are you mental?

"Less confident" is reasonable, they're better (they have to be) and we're worse at this point - I mean it's the difference between winning by 8 and winning by 4 to me, but it's a reasonable revision of expectation.

"Less confident" is reasonable, they're better (they have to be) and we're worse at this point - I mean it's the difference between winning by 8 and winning by 4 to me, but it's a reasonable revision of expectation.

Without being overly arrogant, we would murder them. They might huff and puff a bit and keep us on our toes for half an hour or so, but once the first goal went in the floodgates would open. Remember our L1 team against their overpaid megastars? It would be that, but with another division gap between the players abilities.

Without being overly arrogant, we would murder them. They might huff and puff a bit and keep us on our toes for half an hour or so, but once the first goal went in the floodgates would open. Remember our L1 team against their overpaid megastars? It would be that, but with another division gap between the players abilities.

I would hope that they wouldn't be even remotely as decent as our L1 scufflers on that day, six former or future Premier League players in our team:

K Davis

D Harding

W Thomas

(83) C Perry

R Jaidi

D Hammond

M Schneiderlin

A Lallana

M Antonio

R Lambert

(72) P N'Diaye

Subs

(83) L Holmes

(72) L Barnard - seven, if you count his 3 Spurs appearances.

Are you mental?

We've seen lower league teams beat Prem teams in the past, it's 'the magic of the cup'. And we have less players here now who understand how much it means - lambert and lallana really got how important it was and put in fantastic performances against the skates. I'm not sure pelle and tadic would understand quite so much.

The unseeded teams are "pre-drawn" into positions within the draw, which rather detracts from it a little bit, IMO.

They should do it like UEFA did for the Champions League and Europa League draws last week: one pot of seeds, one pot of non-seeds, one empty pot; pick one from each pot and place into the empty one, then pick which is at home and away. Much fairer and more interesting, IMO.

Anyway, draw numbers:

SEEDED:

1. AFC Bournemouth

2. Aston Villa

3. Bolton Wanderers

4. Brighton & Hove Albion

5. Burnley

6. Crystal Palace

7. Derby County

8. Fulham

9. Leeds United

10. Leicester City

11. Manchester United

12. Middlesbrough

13. Newcastle United

14. Norwich City

15. Nottingham Forest

16. Queens Park Rangers

17. Reading

18. Southampton

19. Stoke City

20. Sunderland

21. Swansea City

22. Watford

23. West Bromwich Albion

24. West Ham United

25. Cardiff City (if they beat Coventry tonight) or Sheffield Wednesday (if Cardiff lose to Coventry)

UNSEEDED:

Birmingham City

Bradford City

Brentford

Burton Albion

Charlton Athletic

Crawley Town

Crewe Alexandra

Doncaster Rovers

Gillingham

Huddersfield Town

Leyton Orient

Millwall

Milton Keynes Dons

Northampton Town

Oxford United

Port Vale

Portsmouth

Preston North End

Rotherham United

S****horpe United

Shrewsbury Town

Swindon Town

Walsall

Sheffield United or Mansfield Town (playing tonight)

Sheffield Wednesday or Coventry City (Coventry play Cardiff tonight, if Cardiff win, Sheffield Wednesday are unseeded).

We would tear the skates a new one, no 2 ways about it.

lower league sides do win the odd game against superior opposition and as yet we don't know what our first team is going to be like. We might be woefully short. They have started brightly too. Boy am I a pessimist.

A 1:24 chance of drawing the Skates then, with the draw not regionalised.

Also, in theory, as there's a pre-draw for the unseeded teams, they'll know if they are home or away before they actually find out who they are playing - though in practice I'm not sure if that information is revealed before the team comes up in the draw.

I think it's remarkable that nowhere in the "Lge Cup R2 draw info" on the OS have they bothered to mention WHEN the next round is being played.

Depending on my availability, I'd want us away to one of

Burton Albion

Crewe Alexandra

Port Vale

Mansfield Town

because I haven't been to any of those grounds.

Shrewsbury Town I'm going to in a few weeks anyway, and Rotherham United, Bradford City, Doncaster Rovers is probably a bit too far to be bothered on a week night (and yes, Mansfield and Crewe are also close to that line, which has to be drawn somewhere).

Obviously the Skates are an exception to both my "been there before" and "going there in a few weeks anyway" rules.

Finalised seeded/unseeded pots:

SEEDED:

1. AFC Bournemouth

2. Aston Villa

3. Bolton Wanderers

4. Brighton & Hove Albion

5. Burnley

6. Crystal Palace

7. Derby County

8. Fulham

9. Leeds United

10. Leicester City

11. Manchester United

12. Middlesbrough

13. Newcastle United

14. Norwich City

15. Nottingham Forest

16. Queens Park Rangers

17. Reading

18. Southampton

19. Stoke City

20. Sunderland

21. Swansea City

22. Watford

23. West Bromwich Albion

24. West Ham United

25. Cardiff City

UNSEEDED:

Birmingham City

Bradford City

Brentford

Burton Albion

Charlton Athletic

Crawley Town

Crewe Alexandra

Doncaster Rovers

Gillingham

Huddersfield Town

Leyton Orient

Millwall

Milton Keynes Dons

Northampton Town

Oxford United

Port Vale

Portsmouth

Preston North End

Rotherham United

S****horpe United

Sheffield United

Sheffield Wednesday

Shrewsbury Town

Swindon Town

Walsall

I think it's remarkable that nowhere in the "Lge Cup R2 draw info" on the OS have they bothered to mention WHEN the next round is being played.

Depending on my availability, I'd want us away to one of

Burton Albion

Crewe Alexandra

Port Vale

Mansfield Town

because I haven't been to any of those grounds.

Shrewsbury Town I'm going to in a few weeks anyway, and Rotherham United, Bradford City, Doncaster Rovers is probably a bit too far to be bothered on a week night (and yes, Mansfield and Crewe are also close to that line, which has to be drawn somewhere).

Obviously the Skates are an exception to both my "been there before" and "going there in a few weeks anyway" rules.

Round 2 week commencing 25th August

Round 3 week commencing 22nd September

Round 4 week commencing 27th October

Etc.

Millwall Away...that'll be fun!

Milwall away in the championship season was one of my best ever away games. 2 late pens from Lambert sealing a 3-2 win that went a long way to getting us promotion. And to the bedwetters saying it's not safe..... This is probabaly one of the safest away games you're ever likely to attend. Away fans get their own station and you dont go anywhere near any home fans