Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

I'm not questioning him in epl but he does have lapses in concentration which I feel is his only real weakness, as for rest of world you'd arguably say Boating, Pique, Ramos possibly Bonucci are all slightly above hin

Boateng is very weak in the air and in general compared to VVD, despite Boateng's size he doesn't make much use of it. He's massively over-rated. Ramos is comparable, but he's a different type of CB. I put VVD above him because of his strength and aerial ability. I should be noted though that Ramos has more strength and aerial presence than Boateng. Ramos is better than Boateng, cannot believe Boateng is being held in the same regard as Ramos.. But he seems to be. Pique is very good, but lacks pace and physicality compared to VVD for me. Bonucci is the best CB is the world for me in a back three, but VVD for me in a back four

Talk about red & white glasses. There's not much between them , but Toby receives rave reviews from neutrals. He's been injured this season that's the only reason he's not getting much publicity lately, nothing to do with VvD making him making him "not look close to as good as he once did ". Toby can play in midfield & full back & doesn't switch off like VvD does occasionally . I reckon if you took 100 neutrals 50 would pick Toby & 50 VvD ( I would choose Toby btw) , certainly nothing as overwhelming as your post suggest.Hes certainly not considered the best centre half in the league by everyone .

Alderweireld is no where near as good. Most ****ing neutrals don't watch anyone but their own team. They form their opinion on the press and the media only. Van Dijk will rocket in popularity of neutrals after carragher and Neville put them in their team of the season so far. The exact same thing happened with Alderweireld...

And Fonte...

He's been the best CB in the league this season and most people have picked up on it. I predicted this would happen last season and a lot of people laughed.

I think he will stay until the end of the season. If he goes to anyone, it makes most sense for Man City to sign him. it's a position they've really struggled to sort. Plua they might actually shell out some serious cash to get him.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Alderweireld is no where near as good.

Don't talk rubbish man. There's hardly anything between them ,to say he's nowhere near as good is just showing your bias. You say carraghar picked him in his team of the season so far, well last April he called Toby the best defender in the league ( a title he's given to a Chelsea player this season not VvD). Had Toby been fit all season,maybe he'd have made the team . Both are extremely good players, to say one is nowhere near as good as the other is nonsense.

Alderweireld is no where near as good. Most ****ing neutrals don't watch anyone but their own team. They form their opinion on the press and the media only. Van Dijk will rocket in popularity of neutrals after carragher and Neville put them in their team of the season so far. The exact same thing happened with Alderweireld...

And Fonte...

How can a "neutral" (whether he is ****ing or otherwise) have their own team? :?

I wonder, this Moshi chap who promised £100m, hasn't he already given £80m in interest free loans? That doesn't leave a lot to play with, and given the state of their finances.......

I believe he has paid off their debts and they are likely to announce plans for a new stadium shortly.

Obviously has had little impact so far (aside from fronting up the dough to poach Koeman from us) but seems from most reports like they are going to start investing in a pretty big way, will be interesting to see if they can get anywhere near top 4 over the next 5 seasons or so because its so difficult.

Makes me spew when these tabloid rags say things like "Koeman signed VvD when he was at Saints" erm, no he didn't, he was on the radar before that and it's not even how we operate...

Also says Koeman developed him in his 2 years working with him ?

Edited by simo

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ronald-koeman-hoping-special-relationship-9513578

These comments won't go down well. But he did similar with us when talking about players like Vilhena.

Everton are paying Lukaku £200,000 a week?! Crikey. That answers the question someone posed on here the other day about whether they could outspend us.

Everton are paying Lukaku £200,000 a week?! Crikey. That answers the question someone posed on here the other day about whether they could outspend us.

Just shows what rubbish some of these papers write. Lukaku's pay varies in reports massively depending on what day of the week or how sensational they want to make it seem.

Everton are similar size to us financially so will be interesting to watch them over the next 4-5 years

Will they be the new Pompey or will fortune favour the brave?

My money is on the latter

4-5 years you say?

Everton to be top 10 ........ tick

Saints to be top 10 ..... why not?

Heisenberg to be banned ..... unlikely .... why not?

Everton are similar size to us financially so will be interesting to watch them over the next 4-5 years

Will they be the new Pompey or will fortune favour the brave?

My money is on the latter

Are they? I'd hazard a guess that they're at least a little bit more well off given their consistent top flight status and new sugar daddy owner. That, combined with their higher sponsorship and ticket revenue for many years as well as a lower debt figure means that I'd actually say my guess isn't actually that hazardous.

Interesting also that you would consider spending greater sums of money as the 'brave' option. You've changed your tune from before where you've seemed to suggest that you would consider spending a lot more cash the safer 'open goal' option? I mean, it will obviously guarantee that step to the next level which clubs such as QPR, Newcastle, Palace and Stoke have clearly made?

Anyway, if you get a moment to spare from sifting through those swathes of PMs then maybe you'd like to clarify your opinions.

I very much doubt they are paying Lukaku 200K before his new contract he was Everton's top earner on 80K a week I doubt under FFP (bearing in mind they earn less from sponsorship than we do) they can afford to pay Lukaku another 120K a week, plus another 200K a week on VVD plus Morgan on an alleged 120K week. All this talk of investment in the press seems to ignore the fact FFP is designed to stop owners just throwing money at the playing squad (though not managers IIRC).

Driving in listening to Scousers on talksport, they seem to think Liverpool can waltz in and sign him. Milk Quim said interest from LFC had cooled poss as VVD might have said no to them.

On the evidence do you blame them? :lol:

I bet they think we have a special relationship and who knows, we might do. The board seem willing enough to do business with them.

According to some Everton fan on twitter, he reckons:

Shez Online Investor ‏@ShezOneCoin Dec 28

We are going in hard for Van Dijk. Southampton not willing to sell us after we took Koeman off them. Player wants the move. #EFC

Surprised if VVD wants the move....claims he knew about Koeman back in May though.

I bet they think we have a special relationship and who knows, we might do. The board seem willing enough to do business with them.

As long as we keep screwing them on price, it supports what some on here term our 'business model'. What if they open the bidding at £40million ?

According to some Everton fan on twitter, he reckons:

Shez Online Investor ‏@ShezOneCoin Dec 28

We are going in hard for Van Dijk. Southampton not willing to sell us after we took Koeman off them. Player wants the move. #EFC

Surprised if VVD wants the move....claims he knew about Koeman back in May though.

You seriously don't believe that do you? He has the choice of City and Chelsea and he wants to go to Everton? Never, ever going to happen and Saints will not sell to Everton.

I wonder, this Moshi chap who promised £100m, hasn't he already given £80m in interest free loans? That doesn't leave a lot to play with, and given the state of their finances.......

Apparently it isn't exactly rosy up there.

Erwins had a right falling out up there I think and Koeman has apparently said if he doesn't get who he

wants THIS window he's off.

Erwins had a right falling out up there I think and Koeman has apparently said if he doesn't get who he

May as well hand in his resignation now then, cos they will not be getting VVD. In January anyway....

RK knows his reputation has already been tarnished going there and will look for an excuse to bail out IMO