Page 2259 of 2261 FirstFirst ... 1259175921592209224922572258225922602261 LastLast
Results 112,901 to 112,950 of 113049

Thread: Pompey Takeover Saga

Pompey goalless again with the 2 million pound man recalled to the starting line up. WTFILN? I am.

2. Default

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz

Already eight points off the playoffs, 13 points off the automatic spots. Ipswich top, 14 points ahead of the Blue Few - and they've played the same number of games as PCFC so can't even use the games in hand excuse!

Big game against Lincoln next week - clash of the League Two Champions. Lose and they could be in the bottom three

4. Default

just have to hope they keep struggling on with Jacket. Not sure he will last the week though.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    just have to hope they keep struggling on with Jacket. Not sure he will last the week though.
    Will Jacket get his coat

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Time to handover to the next generation. I'm getting too old for this laughing at Pompey malarkey. That said, maybe the thread should be mothballed for now as seeing them languishing in the 3rd tier of English football forever isn't much fun. Would rather see them promoted to the Championship from where they can enact 'Project Overspend', in the true spirit of the previous football club that played at Fratton Park prior to 2012. Now that would give this thread a much needed injection of the chortle factor.
    they are more entertaining than anything served up elsewhwere, not football just generally

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    Jesus, I thought he looked half decent for them against us and was relatively impressed, didn't realise they paid twice as much as we did for Sir Rickie. What an atrocious waste of money for that level - entire promotion winning teams have been built with much less.
    I was going to mention we shouldn't be too quick to criticise, given our millions wasted on the likes of the Donkey and Elyounoussi, but then realised that 2 million for a tiny club like theirs is equivalent to us spending 200 million on one player.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/f...2012-1-9111330

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Have you been hacked?
    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Time to handover to the next generation. I'm getting too old for this laughing at Pompey malarkey. That said, maybe the thread should be mothballed for now as seeing them languishing in the 3rd tier of English football forever isn't much fun. Would rather see them promoted to the Championship from where they can enact 'Project Overspend', in the true spirit of the previous football club that played at Fratton Park prior to 2012. Now that would give this thread a much needed injection of the chortle factor.

10. Default

Down to 18th as Accrington have now soared over them.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lets B Avenue View Post
    Down to 18th as Accrington have now soared over them.
    Accrington Stanley truly are on the cusp of becoming a global force though. Don't think we should pillory the skates too much for this.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Accrington Stanley truly are on the cusp of becoming a global force though. Don't think we should pillory the skates too much for this.
    If you dont drink your milk you will only be good enough to play for Pompey could be the advert in 30years time lol

13. Default

Conference Premier Harrogate town in the FA cup. Town have a decent side this year and they are in great form. Decent chance of an upset I'd say.

Blog Entries

Conference Premier Harrogate town in the FA cup. Town have a decent side this year and they are in great form. Decent chance of an upset I'd say.
    Let's hope portsmyth lose and avoid The Cup Upset result then!!

My local team, go to watch them a fair bit. Good side, play good football and after a patchy start have hit good from. Plus it’ll be on a plastic pitch, Town don’t lose many at home. They will give them a game for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by ericofarabia View Post
    Let's hope portsmyth lose and avoid The Cup Upset result then!!
    Fail.

although i do agree about the pony-punchers losing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alehouseboys View Post
    Fail.

although i do agree about the pony-punchers losing
    Sorry .... which part is the "fail' referring to? If it was my post, then maybe my sense of humour is too subtle?

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/f...feat-1-9114967

Has this been written by a 10 year old?

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    My local team, go to watch them a fair bit. Good side, play good football and after a patchy start have hit good from. Plus it’ll be on a plastic pitch, Town don’t lose many at home. They will give them a game for certain.
    Small world. I used to go and watch them every now and then with my Grandad when I visited. Sadly he passed last year, so I doubt I will ever make the trip up to Harrogate again or watch them. I continue to check their results though. They've won the last four or five I think? Will you go and cheer them on against the saktes? Lovely part of the world.

20. Default

You find the strangest things being sold on the interweb

21. Default

Quote Originally Posted by warsash saint View Post

Possibly. They may have given up with actual paid journalists and just publish articles sent in by the public. Not a great deal of difference in quality between this and the garbage Allen et al produce so hard to say.

Quote Originally Posted by ericofarabia View Post
    Sorry .... which part is the "fail' referring to? If it was my post, then maybe my sense of humour is too subtle?
    Nah, you right, just misread it. Must be your Arabian accent!

23. Default

would be surprised if there are a few less of the bestest attending **** park tonight. Come on the Imps.

Good win for them

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Good win for them
    Any win is good! Unless you mean it keeps Jackett in a job and baying pack at bay.

Lincoln are struggling with one win in 11 so it wasn’t unexpected.

26. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Doctoroncall View Post
    Any win is good! Unless you mean it keeps Jackett in a job and baying pack at bay.

Lincoln are struggling with one win in 11 so it wasn’t unexpected.
    Despite being managed by that former, managerial wonder. Appy!

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Good win for them
    Still won't get them anywhere near promotion which suits me fine.

Small world. I used to go and watch them every now and then with my Grandad when I visited. Sadly he passed last year, so I doubt I will ever make the trip up to Harrogate again or watch them. I continue to check their results though. They've won the last four or five I think? Will you go and cheer them on against the saktes? Lovely part of the world.
    Yeah I’ll be there Do for every game probably one in three over the season, it’s just been announced for the Monday night live on BT. They’ve got aldershot tomorrow and are unbeaten in the last 8 after a tricky start.

They’ve redeveloped the ground a fair since you’re last visit id image, 4G pitch, more seats and terracing to take the capacity up to 4,000.

I really enjoy it there, pay on the gate, terracing, get a beer at half time and stand where you want in the ground. Like how it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by warsash saint View Post

That is awful, that cannot be composed by a journalist, surely?

How did it get approval as well

cant understand the mainboard, you are privileged to witness a 9 goal thriller and you're gutted!!

31. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mack rill View Post
    cant understand the mainboard, you are privileged to witness a 9 goal thriller and you're gutted!!
    In recognition of how much Pompey fans love banging on about the historic results of the previous football club(s) to have been resident at Fratton Park, have this one on us fo(u)r nothing...

Last edited by trousers; 26-10-2019 at 04:34 PM.

32. Default

yeah but the new technology of VAR let us down 9 times, it was scandalous

Lol, they conceded another injury time goal

34. Default

Just as the weekend looked a disappointment our friends at Pompey let in an injury time equalizer

35. Default

Lol, they conceded another injury time goal
    Injury time equaliser!!

37. Default

Much prefer 4 goal thrillers myself... Up The Gas

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Skates making my weekend slightly better there.

Blog Entries

Fair play, enjoy it.

If ever there was a time for Mack to laugh at us more than we laugh at them, this is it!

But a comical injury time own-goal equaliser after being two-up??
    That's always funny!

Blog Entries

2-0 and they effed it up!!

The best we got to was 0-0 before we effef it up.

Got to worth something hasnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    If ever there was a time for Mack to laugh at us more than we laugh at them, this is it!

But a comical injury time own-goal equaliser after being two-up??
    That's always funny!
    it feckin ain't!! happening too many times,

Blog Entries

Nice OG too, off the bar, off the back of the keeper's head and in.

Pompey are set to unveil their "vision" for Fratton Park. Staggeringly this seems to involve having some actual work done on one of the stands.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/f...sion-1-9124969

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    Pompey are set to unveil their "vision" for Fratton Park. Staggeringly this seems to involve having some actual work done on one of the stands.

One of the comments on FB seems to think they’re going to expand it to 33k. They literally HATE having a smaller ground than us. Really grates on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post

Factless Allen is still plying his trade at a tinpot local rag? You'd have thought someone as talented as him in his field would have been snapped up by one of the nationals by now. Truly baffling.

47. Default

I wonder if they need to buy all 35 houses on Alverstone Road that back onto the Milton end for this 15,000 seater stand (or is that the new North Stand?)? If they have bought all of those sold since Disney took over, they will have 6 to date. At this rate just the ten years to get them all - unless a Southampton property owner sticks a spanner in the works and gazumps them. Or are they buying the industrial units on Rodney Road?

More points dropped at the death by the gobby force, sorry global force

Couldn't even beat a Rowing team

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

50. Default

wish the Saints could cheer me up as much as the skates keep doing.