Page 1 of 158 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Defectors Watch

Default Defectors Watch

Not all going sweetly for the defectors:

Judas has done his knee and now Shaw feels the wrath of van Gaal:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ain-alone.html

Total balls re shaw IMHO, the guy is fit as anything. This is van Gaal stamping his authority after jose's comments.

Blog Entries

Ha ha ... looks like Luke has been spending all his extra money down Nando's ..... you fat baaaaarrrrrsted.

To be fair, Shaw can occasionally look a little on the porky side (although that could be more muscle than fat), and sometimes he ambles back slowly after his bursting runs forward (maybe that is more due to laziness than fitness though).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    Total balls re shaw IMHO, the guy is fit as anything. This is van Gaal stamping his authority after jose's comments.
    Not so sure about that ... he was forever tweeting about how tired he was after training / matches last season.

Maybe it's all the Three somes are taking their toll on him, or maybe he's bashing the bishop all night thinking about the threesomes he will be getting.
    Last edited by ericofarabia; 29-07-2014 at 06:41 AM.

He's still young, I thought everybody knew that?

Quote Originally Posted by ericofarabia View Post
    Not so sure about that ... he was forever tweeting about how tired he was after training / matches last season.

Maybe it's all the Three somes are taking their toll on him, or maybe he's bashing the bishop all night thinking about the threesomes he will be getting.
    Funny

Wonder how the United stars are enjoying the new regime. Zaha - you are playing there or not at all. 10 to a bucket of pig**** there will be some tantrums in the offing

Quote Originally Posted by CB Saint View Post
    Wonder how the United stars are enjoying the new regime. Zaha - you are playing there or not at all. 10 to a bucket of pig**** there will be some tantrums in the offing
    Difference between VG and Moyes is the former isn't in awe of, or scared of big time charlie players....

Quote Originally Posted by syd_barrett_saint View Post
    To be fair, Shaw can occasionally look a little on the porky side (although that could be more muscle than fat), and sometimes he ambles back slowly after his bursting runs forward (maybe that is more due to laziness than fitness though).
    Think he is naturally stocky built but re the 2nd point was I the only one asking myself so where's Shaw?" at many of the goals we conceded last season, only to see him on the replay reaching our 18 yard line as the ball went in.

So that's shaw and Lovren training alone and lallana injured (so far)

Van Gaal is putting fear into all the players by what he's done. At the same time he's bringing Shaw back to earth and being forced to face the reality of what he's let himself in for being at 30 +million player.

Quote Originally Posted by ART View Post
    Van Gaal is putting fear into all the players by what he's done. At the same time he's bringing Shaw back to earth and being forced to face the reality of what he's let himself in for being at 30 +million player.
    Unless shaw seriously let himself go after the world cup Van Gaal is being a knob , with our high tempo game there's no way he's less fit than the others at utd
    Last edited by simo; 30-07-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Agreed.

I have images of Shaw, with a tear rolling down his cheek, telling Van Gaal, "bbb..but Poch never yelled at us..."

15. Default

Van Gaal has come in and was probably expecting more for his 27 million. But Shaw has probably had his head in the sky thinking he's the best left back in the world for the last few weeks. This be a nice bump down to earth for him. A real manager who doesn't take any bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by BotleySaint View Post
    Van Gaal has come in and was probably expecting more for his 27 million. But Shaw has probably had his head in the sky thinking he's the best left back in the world for the last few weeks. This be a nice bump down to earth for him. A real manager who doesn't take any bull****.
    A real manager who falls out with his players, fails to get the most out of his teams and often gets fired......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wurzel View Post
    Think he is naturally stocky built but re the 2nd point was I the only one asking myself so where's Shaw?" at many of the goals we conceded last season, only to see him on the replay reaching our 18 yard line as the ball went in.
    Replace the word "conceded" with "scored" and "Shaw" with "Lambert" and you'll understand how I felt about our quick breaks.

I like the fact that Man U are being linked with 2 other left backs as well (Daley Blind and Ricardo Rodriguez) both of whom would keep him on the bench and consequently getting fatter.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Golac's Iron Gonads View Post
    ...both of whom would keep him on the bench and consequently getting fatter.
    It happens, he could be the next Brolin.

...and Lovren is forced to train with the U21s as the rest of the Liverpool squad fly off to the USA. He was denied a US visa apparently lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
    ...and Lovren is forced to train with the U21s as the rest of the Liverpool squad fly off to the USA. He was denied a US visa apparently lol.
    Nothing to do with saints fans tipping off US authorities that he is an alleged Crack Cocaine dealer. 😂

Lallana very poor debut, and, typically, subbed after 60-odd mins.

At the moment as is stands we are ahead of Man United,Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs. It Won't last but quite satisfying to see us doing better than all the ex players and manager.

Scousehampton look very poor and have lost at home to villa

Quotes from RAWK "Lovren could turn out to be a even worse buy than Andy Carroll, we got robbed for giving 20m for him."

"He was taking five touches or so and then spraying the ball forwards and missing the target. If Carra had played those passes, people would be calling them hoofs"

He is a good defender so it's not going to happen but I am enjoying his tribulations at the moment.
    Last edited by farawaysaint; 13-09-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching saints destroy pards team today and our judas monkeys lose to villa, time for a large one.

Quote Originally Posted by farawaysaint View Post
    Quote from RAWK "Lovren could turn out to be a even worse buy than Andy Carroll, we got robbed for giving 20m for him."

He is a good defender so it's not going to happen but I am enjoying his tribulations at the moment.
    He is good, but I still think a lot of people miss how important a solid central midfield is. Any CB has an easier job with Schneiderlin, Wanyama and Cork in front of them. Allen, Gerrard and Henderson aren't the same sort of players and leave them exposed a lot.

I don't think Liverpool will get anywhere near the title. They got near last season as a one off, momentum and no distractions. That run won't happen again, they'll struggle to find their best team, change it up every week and all be moaning very soon. So basically all back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    He is good, but I still think a lot of people miss how important a solid central midfield is. Any CB has an easier job with Schneiderlin, Wanyama and Cork in front of them. Allen, Gerrard and Henderson aren't the same sort of players and leave them exposed a lot.

I don't think Liverpool will get anywhere near the title. They got near last season as a one off, momentum and no distractions. That run won't happen again, they'll struggle to find their best team, change it up every week and all be moaning very soon. So basically all back to normal.
    it seemed to me that the diamond formation suited them, it got the best out of sterling, sturridge and balotelli (away to spurs anyway)

they went to a 4231 today. and it showed (although no sturridge and sterling from the off cant help) and they did not look all that

quite how they are going to fit, coutinho, sterling, Cann, henerson, Allen, Lucas, "stevie", Mirkovic, lallana in a diamond midfield, I dont know

I think you are right, lots of changes in most games, due to the extra games will not serve them well

Nice to hear Dwight Yorke say that Lallana hadn't yet stepped up to the plate. In fairness to AL he's been injured but his start has been far from inspiring.

Good to see the Sunderland jinx may be Pochettino's and not ours.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/13/adam-l...rpool-4868162/

Never mind Adam, you're at a club of the level you deserve, bless yah

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    it seemed to me that the diamond formation suited them, it got the best out of sterling, sturridge and balotelli (away to spurs anyway)

they went to a 4231 today. and it showed (although no sturridge and sterling from the off cant help) and they did not look all that

quite how they are going to fit, coutinho, sterling, Cann, henerson, Allen, Lucas, "stevie", Mirkovic, lallana in a diamond midfield, I dont know

I think you are right, lots of changes in most games, due to the extra games will not serve them well
    I''m not convinced by 2 up front really, can work but does leave you wide open. Suarez and Sturridge swapped well, was rarely 2 up front, but they were still wide open.

But yeah, no idea what Liverpool's best team is now. If it's Ballotelli OR Sturridge then great, but doubt he'll do that. Same problem at Man Utd.

Think they could do well with Sterling, Lallana and one of Coutinho or Markovic in a 3 behind the striker.

As for Man Utd, that'll be interesting. This 352 thing is just a fad, and it won't suit them one bit. Holland were so negative post-spain game. You sign Di Maria, don't mess around, put him left wing and you might have a new Giggs. Herrara and Blind could form a nice central 2, but Mata is too good to leave out IMO. But he will. Mata is a team player, not a big ego, and I imagine he'll be sacrificed.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    I''m not convinced by 2 up front really, can work but does leave you wide open. Suarez and Sturridge swapped well, was rarely 2 up front, but they were still wide open.

But yeah, no idea what Liverpool's best team is now. If it's Ballotelli OR Sturridge then great, but doubt he'll do that. Same problem at Man Utd.

Think they could do well with Sterling, Lallana and one of Coutinho or Markovic in a 3 behind the striker.

As for Man Utd, that'll be interesting. This 352 thing is just a fad, and it won't suit them one bit. Holland were so negative post-spain game. You sign Di Maria, don't mess around, put him left wing and you might have a new Giggs. Herrara and Blind could form a nice central 2, but Mata is too good to leave out IMO. But he will. Mata is a team player, not a big ego, and I imagine he'll be sacrificed.
    Load of nonsenses pal. Playing 2 up front doesn't leave you wide open. Man city have often played with two up front, it's the talksport type 'playing two up top leaves you exposed' brigade that invented that sh*te. Playing two strikers means you play with less attacking full backs, two holding midfield players, or even a good old fashion 4-4-2. Absolute myth and something said by people who have heard other people say it.

I see LS is warming the bench, Rojo picked in front of him.

Tadier <3 just got smashed 7 - 0 at Inter where Osvaldo scored 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz Yebda View Post

Obviously inter weren't scared of Taider as they let him play against his parent club.
    Hopefully Osavldo does well enough so we can cut losses full time on him in the summer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz Yebda View Post

2 goals and 2 assists

38. Default

Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    2 goals and 2 assists
    Hope they buy him.

Quote Originally Posted by bangkoksaint View Post
    Nice to hear Dwight Yorke say that Lallana hadn't yet stepped up to the plate. In fairness to AL he's been injured but his start has been far from inspiring.
    Remember Lallana is still a 'youngster' apparently..

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/13/adam-l...rpool-4868162/

Never mind Adam, you're at a club of the level you deserve, bless yah
    One of the twitter quotes... "Adam Lallana is didn't worth money! Rodgers are stupid fool!!!!!".... WTF!

41. Default

Poor Luke didn't get on. Never mind there's always Nandos

Blog Entries

If Luke didn't have two opposable thumbs, he'd never get a threesome.

Blog Entries

LVG during live interview right now: Shaw is injured, he's not coming back. What?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Saint View Post
    LVG during live interview right now: Shaw is injured, he's not coming back. What?
    30 mill well spent.

Maybe we should all chip in for a full page ad in the Liverpool echo. I'm sure this can be refined but as a starter for ten - a small picture of adz adjusting his hair on the bench and maybe some brief text - "how's it going adz? Love saintsweb xxx"

Just read Osvaldo got 2 goals today for Milan.

One game does not make Adam poor. It will take time to make him a poor player.

Lovren was played right centre back by Rogers yesterday. All his good work for Saints came when he played left centre back. Also let's not forget than Wanyama and Schneiderlin don't play in front of him.

I think Van Gaal bought Rojo because he wasn't convinced by Shaw. I think Shaw has been poorly advised to go to Man U. Although he will become a very Rich young man, which isn't the worst thing in the world.

Money doesn't always bring young people happiness. Luke is a very sensitive lad who may well succumb to big problems if his football career doesn't work out for him.

Just read Osvaldo got 2 goals today for Milan.
    Was just going to add that. Started today for Inter against Sassuolo and scored the 4th after 43 minutes & 6th after 73 minutes in a 7-0 win. Interestingly last seasons golden boy Dominico Berardi who starred for Sassuolo (owned by Juventus from memory) got a straight red card on the hour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt6fwLJsEn0

The goals are in the first 6 & half minutes - looks like it was recorded live with the highlights tagged on the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Saint View Post
    sounded like "is now coming back" to me
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...XTlFxo4w#t=187