Liverpool vs Saints Build Up Thread

nta786

How would that work? Why wait for Boruc to cock up? Either Forster is considered better or he's not.

/

Spurs employed the same tactic when they signed Lloris, they continued to play Freidel for a bit despite Lloris being a "better" keeper on paper. Forster is long term, but Boruc is established, more experienced in the Prem and it would send a message that he still has a big role to play.

cant wait for sunday.

****e journey up but hopefully it will be worth it when we beat them.

they all think we are there to be battered,as do some on here.

well im feeling positive.

sold out away end,worse stewards in the premier league but hey,get behind the lads all that are going.

come on you saints

cant wait for sunday.

****e journey up but hopefully it will be worth it when we beat them.

they all think we are there to be battered,as do some on here.

well im feeling positive.

sold out away end,worse stewards in the premier league but hey,get behind the lads all that are going.

come on you saints

Sing your heart out Rick. Our fans need to make their mark for our new team! Great post.

/

Spurs employed the same tactic when they signed Lloris, they continued to play Freidel for a bit despite Lloris being a "better" keeper on paper. Forster is long term, but Boruc is established, more experienced in the Prem and it would send a message that he still has a big role to play.

Well on that basis Boruc will always be established and more experienced in the Prem, so you'd never pick Forster. On what basis would you select Forster then?

I think Forster and Wanyama need to reprise their heroics in the Celtic vs Barca game if we are to have any hope. I dream of a late Pelle header winning it for us, but in reality I'll accept a narrow defeat, a strong performance, and signs that the squad is gelling.

Embracing the new Saints

------- Forster -------

Clyne - Fonte - Yosh - Bertrand

-------- Big Vic --------

--- Taider --- Davis ----

Tadic ----------- Long

--------- Pelle --------

This would be my team with the long a bit closer to pelle. On Sunday pelle was winning a lot in the air but no one to feed off him, hopefully long can do that, not that I'm advocating long balls but for set pieces and the like.

This'll be the first game since Poch established himself where I really don't know what is going to happen, or how we're going to play.

Our defence should give them plenty of opportunity, particularly with Florin out injured. Still, at least Fonte has played with Yoshi before, and when I think back to the Adkins era, rightly or wrongly, it was the likes of Hooiveld and Fox that showed themselves to be real liabilities in the Prem. Bertrand can't be worse than Fox, surely?

I've not really been watching the friendlies, so don't really have an idea of what our pressing game looks like now.

The two sides that faced each other at Anfield last season:

Mignolet Toure Skrtel Sakho Agger Gerrard Henderson Lucas Moses Aspas Sturridge [5 likely to start]

Boruc Clyne Lovren Fonte Shaw Schneiderlin Rodriguez Wanyama Osvaldo Lallana Lambert [3 likely to start]

How things change in a year

The two sides that faced each other at Anfield last season:

Mignolet Toure Skrtel Sakho Agger Gerrard Henderson Lucas Moses Aspas Sturridge [5 likely to start]

Boruc Clyne Lovren Fonte Shaw Schneiderlin Rodriguez Wanyama Osvaldo Lallana Lambert [3 likely to start]

How things change in a year

Their team will be stronger, ours weaker - judging by those lists.

Think this will be a close one. We have nothing to lose, and I'm not overly impressed by Liverpool's signings (apart from that **** Lovren), and Sturridge won't be half as threatening without Suarez next to him. I think we'll struggle for goals though. 1-0 Liverpool

I can't wait for this. I'll be in front of the telly with my 6 week old boy, beginning the process of turning him into a Saints fan.

Ever the optimist, I think we'll get something here. I'm a bit worried about our defence but hopefully Koeman has been working with them a lot and using his vast experience to make them more solid.

Right up until kick off I will be daydreaming of Lovren giving away a penalty and getting sent off. Pelle scoring from the spot and then getting a second late on.

Wouldn't suprise me if Boruc isn't on the bench and Kelvin is.

I agree. Can't help thinking the club are managing the Boruc situation badly. I don't know why Koeman had to come out so publicly at this stage making Forster his No.1 keeper and talking about Boruc contract, rather than just saying "We have 2 quality keepers now who will provide competition for places". Would have been far better for team morale in my opinion.

I agree. Can't help thinking the club are managing the Boruc situation badly. I don't know why Koeman had to come out so publicly at this stage making Forster his No.1 keeper and talking about Boruc contract, rather than just saying "We have 2 quality keepers now who will provide competition for places". Would have been far better for team morale in my opinion.

Oh heavens, has he really said that? Bad comment to make. Should have been as you said it.

Their team is weaker without a world class player they haven't replaced. They can strengthen all areas but without Suarez they are weaker.

Suarez was suspended when we won at Anfield last season so that doesn't come into it for this game, which was the question posed.

They played centre backs at full back last time too, and Moses instead of Sterling, whilst the hapless Aspas also started. No question they will overall be stronger than they were at Anfield last season when we played them, whilst we are weaker.

Meh, I like Ronnie's honesty and shoot from the hip mentality. It's his team and he calls the shots. I'd rather have him come out and say Forster's #1 than lie to me like I'm a naive child and say "I don't know if the guy we just dumped 10M quid on will start."

He should tell it like it is if he wants the players to respect him, whether it upsets them or not.

To improve as a squad, you need to have backup players who are good enough and feel like they are part of the squad - it's called man management. I thought the whole point of signing another keeper was to improve our options in that department, which was a problem last season. If Koeman's comments push Boruc towards the exit, I personally don't think we will be any better off than we were last season (i.e. one decent keeper but no backup) and will need to go out and recruit another keeper.

To improve as a squad, you need to have backup players who are good enough and feel like they are part of the squad - it's called man management. I thought the whole point of signing another keeper was to improve our options in that department, which was a problem last season. If Koeman's comments push Boruc towards the exit, I personally don't think we will be any better off than we were last season (i.e. one decent keeper but no backup) and will need to go out and recruit another keeper.

If ur telling Forster he's gonna be No.1, which you might have to if you want him to sign him, then there's no point telling Boruc no different. If ur telling Boruc he's No. 2, there's no point telling Press no different. If ur posting on saintsweb forum bout it, there's no point to ur life. :(

If ur telling Forster he's gonna be No.1, which you might have to if you want him to sign him, then there's no point telling Boruc no different. If ur telling Boruc he's No. 2, there's no point telling Press no different. If ur posting on saintsweb forum bout it, there's no point to ur life. :(

:lol:

Why? What does that even mean?

It means if its clear boruc is making mistakes and not learning from then when given the opportunity then he loses his place in goal but till then he has earnt his place and it is his to loose.

i.e you have to earn your place in the team

It means if its clear boruc is making mistakes and not learning from then when given the opportunity then he loses his place in goal but till then he has earnt his place and it is his to loose.

i.e you have to earn your place in the team

Why shouldn't Koeman pick the keeper he considers better?

I go on RAWK a bit too and they are mostly level-headed bunch. I like their self policing and moderation. Anything that strays off topic gets jumped on and they aren't afraid to lock/shut down threads. Very organised forum.

We could learn a lot from them in that regard.

It is interesting to see other forums completely miss irony and sarcasm at times too. Of course they won't know who the clowns are on here but other forums seem to take this forum far too seriously.

I guess the likes of MLG signing up for other teams forums brandishing photos of the stadium redevelopment and waffling on about champions league follows Saints supporters around the internet.

Back to the match...

I can see this being a little closer than some predictions. We are fielding a fairly strong team and one packed full of players out to impress Koeman. That said I do see Liverpool running out winners with home advantage and a self belief that can only of been enriched following the progress under Rodgers last season.

I'll say 2 - 0 to the red men sadly.

I'll be delighted with a good perfoance from the lads and a clearer picture of how Koeman will set us up this season.

Koeman presser points of note

Happy to have shane long he was one of targets from the start

will decide if he plays at anfield sat morning at training

we know very good players have left, we have bought good players in

we wanted the type of striker that shane long is. happy he is here

ENglish clubs pay lots of money for players

agents knew we had a lot of money, all i care about is good players coming in for competition

very pleased with new players, club worked very hard

would like 1 or 2 more. club still working on that

morgan had a good week of training

last week he was not ready to play

he had a good weeks training, will decide tomorrow if he plays sunday

morgan is not for sale

Liverpool away is a great start, a tough one, we will have to show our qualities

we have to believe we can win and make liverpool play well if they want to beat us

liverpool have so many good players, they are much stronger than last season as a squad

I do not expect a relegation fight, no no. no way.

we lost good players but we bring in new ones. Pre season was tough but we have good players here now.

believe in the squad to have a good season

we can match 8th place, we have enough in the team. we have a strong squad

would like to have had all business done by today. Its not like that unfortunately. Not just for us but for everyone

I know nearly the full team which will play sunday.

I think Morgan will start on sun tbh. He said we need specifically a winger. I reckon a centre back who can play right back too. Or virgil can diyk. Very good news today.

One week of training won't make Morgan fit enought to play against Liverpool, he;ll be missing match sharpness. Might come on towards the end though.

Did he say if any injury concerns apart from Gardos?
He doesn't mention injuries and seems happy to have everyone for Sunday. You can listen to the Prezzer on Youtube by r

running the slider back 10 minutes as told very decently by for_heaven's_Saint

Edited by ART