Saint 😇 Gerrard

Yorkshire Saint

Anyone who says they wouldn't take him on the right wages is mad. Bugger playing him as a DM, bring him on for 30 minutes in an attacking role or to shift things up and he'd be invaluable.

The 'right wages' for a 30 minutes bit part player will be a fraction of what Gerrard will expect in the US. It just wont happen.

Decent backup for Harri Reed. Also he only said he would not play for rival, Liverpool would .not count as rival for in CL.

More of the Koeman humour, I see.:lol: (Sounds like the typical Redknapp quote that they were going to get Messi on loan for the rest of the season - but end up with Defoe instead.

Agreed - there's always room in our squad for an " up-and-coming player ". Can we afford him, though?

Why is Gerrard wanting to leave Liverpool though? Maybe their objectives have changed. They were looking to be a Champions League club, I believe?

Do I feel sorry for the Liverpool fans that a legend is leaving? I don't have sympathy, no

Koemans comments about Gerrard are surprising but then I suppose It's the nature of it. The players will want to compete at the highest level they possibly can.

Why is Gerrard wanting to leave Liverpool though? Maybe their objectives have changed. They were looking to be a Champions League club, I believe?

Do I feel sorry for the Liverpool fans that a legend is leaving? I don't have sympathy, no

Koemans comments about Gerrard are surprising but then I suppose It's the nature of it. The players will want to compete at the highest level they possibly can.

Probably because he's not stupid and realises that he's dwindling badly, and is starting to get shown up at this level.

Best to bow out now before it becomes embarrassing.

Top player though in his pomp, would have walked into most teams in the world - not often you can see that about an English player.

He'll end up in the MLS for sure.

Probably because he's not stupid and realises that he's dwindling badly, and is starting to get shown up at this level.

Top player though in his pomp, would have walked into most teams in the world - not often you can see that about an English player.

:-)

You think so? I read it more that he is pee'd off at having to play as DM and getting the odd 20 mins cameo at that. In his mind, I'm sure he still sees himself as a 90 minutes AM. And Brenda doesn't. And under Brenda LFC won't win anything. Stevie just says "I'm out. I can play full games elsewhere in the role I want."

And I tend to agree with Stevie.

Gerard is not as good as what we have in any midfield area. Only hits long hopeful balls these days as he can't keep up with play in passing phases any more. No way would want him here. Liverpool play far better without him...

Can't believe Koeman is serious about this... Would be a backward step.

Personally always thought saints were better than England when we were in league one, so why anyone would think he'd get into our team now is beyond me.

Agree with that, I even suggested that on here and got hounded.

I have never got the nations love in for Gerrard, all I ever see in my mind is him apologising for a poor England performance.

City haven't done to bad out of the Lampard move have they. It would be awesome having a player like Gerrard at the club. Not only would it be a boost to the academy players coming though it would give more options from the bench. Not that it will happen of course.

Agree with that, I even suggested that on here and got hounded.

I have never got the nations love in for Gerrard, all I ever see in my mind is him apologising for a poor England performance.

It is simple, the guy has been one of the best English Premiership players ever. England have been poor for some time now, even with England's other sweetheart David Beckham. To blame Gerrard for a poor England is harsh (and who will ever forget the 1-5 thrashing of Germany?).

It is simple, the guy has been one of the best English Premiership players ever. England have been poor for some time now, even with England's other sweetheart David Beckham. To blame Gerrard for a poor England is harsh (and who will ever forget the 1-5 thrashing of Germany?).

He is probably a little unfortunate to have been the spearhead of more than a decade of horrendous, pathetic, embarrassing England performances and competitions. He's also very rarely performed for England as he does for Liverpool, so obviously gets a lot of stick for that.

I still believe it was him who tapped up Lallana and Lambert anyway in the England camp. So no thank you. **** can go to USA for all I care.

Call me a child lol.

Isnt that what the players pay their agents for? He may well of had a word but I assume they have minds of their own and we know from Lovren that his was already in Merseyside.

I also seem to remember a certain Michael Channon "tapping up" Kevin Keegan when they were room mates for England.

He is probably a little unfortunate to have been the spearhead of more than a decade of horrendous, pathetic, embarrassing England performances and competitions. He's also very rarely performed for England as he does for Liverpool, so obviously gets a lot of stick for that.

True but he isn't the only one who hasn't played so well for England - a team we should remember that has done nothing since 1966.

Gerard is not as good as what we have in any midfield area. Only hits long hopeful balls these days as he can't keep up with play in passing phases any more. No way would want him here. Liverpool play far better without him...

Can't believe Koeman is serious about this... Would be a backward step.

The more you type the more I realise your an idiot

You only have to look at Lampard, Scholes and Gerrard. Any half decent england manager should have done ok with any one of those three in reality.

What happened was a sad pressganging of three AM into a side that couldnt support them. And so, a golden generation of england midfielders was wasted

Isnt that what the players pay their agents for? He may well of had a word but I assume they have minds of their own and we know from Lovren that his was already in Merseyside.

I also seem to remember a certain Michael Channon "tapping up" Kevin Keegan when they were room mates for England.

Pity it took 3 years after Channon's last cap for KK to sign then.

Pirlo of Italy has been for many years playing for an underperforming Italian side but his performances have stood out head and shoulders above everyone else. In most cases Gerrard has performed as badly as the rest of his England team mates. Yes he is a tryer and yes he does score the odd scorcher and penalty but world class he is not.

Just because he played in the 5-1win against Germany and was in the Liverpool CL winning side does not change anything for me, I remember more the many average performances for England, the crazy fouls and sending off's and his numerous stray passes.

The guy has not overly shined in what has been a very crap England side.

Wouldn't want him. Vastly overrated player even in his prime.

Very good, but never world class. Vieria, Rui Costa, Figo, Zidane, Riquelme, Xavi, Iniesta, Deco, Schweinsteiger, Khedira, De Rossi, Pirlo all danced around him and made him look very, very ordinary at international level.

Incredible goalscorer from midfield at club level though.