Norwich Pre Match Thread

Wiggles31

Can't imagine that Norwich will trouble us overmuch, unless of course we play some sort of freak team and pump long balls up to Pelle all afternoon.

When have we ever done that...?

I actually think that Norwich will trouble us unless we play well, because every team in the league is good enough to beat us if we drop our (usual) standards by 5-10%.

I'm not sure playing Davis in front of Wanyama & Romeu makes for a great midfield, but I think opting for Mane or Juanmi in there is asking for more long balls, as there will be huge gaps between defence & attack, and we won't have enough of the ball. Has Tadic ever played centrally? I'm guessing he isn't very good there, which is a shame as he's probably the ideal player in terms of his role and creativity to play there. For example:

Stek

Cedric Fonte Yoshida Targett

Romeu Davis

JWP* Tadic Mane

Pelle

*Maybe Juanmi on the right - I'm not convinced by JWP but at least as a midfielder he'd be better at supporting the full back and would get chance to put some crosses in with his fabled right foot, might be able to find a bit more space & time out there too.

Feel a bit like I did after going to the Sheffield Utd away with Everton looming on the following Saturday......... Hopefully the outcome from then will happen again, just being a Saints fan of many years experience it never quite seems to roll like that.

Roll on the International break and hope that the fire gets re lit.

*Maybe Juanmi on the right - I'm not convinced by JWP but at least as a midfielder he'd be better at supporting the full back and would get chance to put some crosses in with his fabled right foot, might be able to find a bit more space & time out there too.

I mentioned this (in passing) in the 'JWP needs a defense, etc, yada, yada, yada' thread. It's the one position where he's looked suitable. And as you've referenced, it provides some stability for Cedric to overlap. Ultimately, Prowse isn't ready to operate in the final thirds of the pitch, so it's the only position where I think he would warrant any game time.

-------------Stek----------------

Cedric--Fonte--Yoshida--Targett

------Wanyama--Romeu-------

JWP--------Mane-------Tadic

-------------Pelle--------------

If no Wanyama, then Reed. If no Mane, then Juanmi. Maybe JRod/Long coming on second half to meet JWP crosses late on.

Nickers Off Ready When I Come Home; stuff the keepers comments about us in disarray up his jersey, come on boys, win for the fans, so miserable right now, a bit of luck, a break, ref on our side for a change, and kick towards the Northam second half please?!

Tadic is a must start. The only player with a brain in our team.

If Pelle hasn't scored by 60mins I'd like to see him replaced with Juanmi.

We'd be forced to play it on the deck. We used to be good at that remember.

He might have a brain but he doesn't always use it, if hopes rest on him then indeed it is going to be a long season. And besides isn't he carrying an injury or illness?

As always, I want us to win. However, based on our performances this season and especially after Thursday, I'm not confident of even getting a draw.

Confidence is probably low, no change in personnel from Thursday, except possibly Mane will actually be fit to play and then what formation will Ron decide on?

I think that if we go a goal down in the first 20 minutes we could get a hammering.

Anyway, I will be there with my 6 year old son.....COYS

One of the key things for me is getting Tadic back as a rugular starter. He has to start starting. And he has to show his first 5 months for of last season form again sharpish. He seems to be the only player we have that get's the best out of Pelle. He actually has the vision and skill to make those lovely little through balls and create clear chances. We know he can do it.

Mane again has to start, obviously.

So no room for JRod for me. He's simply not up to speed yet.

---------------Stek----------

Cedric Fonte Caulker Yoshida

-------Wanyama Romeu----

JWP-----------Mane-------Tadic

---------------Pelle-----------

Would be disappointed if we don't have this as a line-up, obvious that Tadic has to start and Targett should not. Reed in for Victor if he's not fit.

If we aren't signing any AMCs, I'd like to see Hesketh at least making the bench. He's going to be a good player and isn't exactly going to be worse than Davis or JWP in that role, certainly not in the final third.

I mean the AMC role in front of our solid DMs does seem perfect for a certain Uruguayan really

I disagree. People always say, "lets play the kids, they can't be worse than the senior players," then when they play they get slated. JWP and Targett are prime example of that, widely criticized so far this season but both considered brighter prospects so far by the coaches and management.

It's the same with Reed, who seems to be the answer to our problems according to some people, when in fact he is very raw and prone to some rash challenges.

I'd switch to a straight 442, or 4411.

This means the full backs don't have to get forward so much, plus they'll have some protection in front of them. JWP and Tadic crossing for Pelle/Mane.

____________Stek

Cedric__Fonte__Yoshida__Targett

JWP__Wanyama/Reed__Romeu__Tadic

__________Mane/Juanmi

_______________Pelle

I disagree. People always say, "lets play the kids, they can't be worse than the senior players," then when they play they get slated. JWP and Targett are prime example of that, widely criticized so far this season but both considered brighter prospects so far by the coaches and management.

It's the same with Reed, who seems to be the answer to our problems according to some people, when in fact he is very raw and prone to some rash challenges.

The worst case of that so far this year has been 'let's play Juanmi'.

---------------Stek----------

Cedric Fonte Caulker Yoshida

-------Wanyama Romeu----

JWP-----------Mane-------Tadic

---------------Pelle-----------

Would be disappointed if we don't have this as a line-up, obvious that Tadic has to start and Targett should not. Reed in for Victor if he's not fit.

Victor looks OK in the training pictures. Will be disappointed if we start with JWP instead of Davis. Don't like Yoshida at LB, we have to play Targett, unless Martina could play there. Hopefully Bertrand will be back next game, though I'm not confident.

I'm going, but I don't really care about the result tomorrow. The main thing I want to see is that we're playing football. Crafting chances through good movement and skill on the ball.

Caulker hoofing the ball up from the back to Pelle for 75mins is not what I bought a ST to watch.