Norwich Pre Match Thread

Wiggles31

If VW isn't going to play lets get Reed into that central midfield area to help put some pressure on opponents.

If Mane is unfit lets get Juanmi into the side too, playing in the hole. Get Tadic playing on the left and we might start creating some chances for Pelle.

It seems more that the spirit has been sucked out of certain fans. Time for everybody to grow a pair. If Wanyama wants to go, put a top price, cash on the nail, on him and see if we can get rid of him. I'm sure we could bring in a decent defensive midfield player for a proportion of the fee. Wanyama's problem is Levy doesn't do money up front. I can see there being no deal and Wanyama left high and dry because Levy won't want to pay. Bring in the defensive midfielder anyway and if Wanyama stays leave him out.

If Koeman picks a proper team, not the sort of negative stupidity we saw on Thursday, we are well able to win.

You mean the deathly silence that pervades once we go behind and start hoofing it to Pelle in desperation? Yup, the atmosphere at SMS is the best ever...always.

At least the sound of the clackers will cover up all the idiots tutting and groaning when we misplace a pass.

Stek

Soares fonte yoshida targett

Romeo reed

Mane Davis tadic

Pelle

100% this please, but it won't be. 3 centre backs I reckon.

Am at St Marys with the Norwich supporting wife today. Praying for a Saints win! Head says 0-0 snoozefest.

If Wanyama has indeed stated that he doesn't want to play presumably he has volunteered to forego his hefty pay packet this week. I sincerely hope the club will fine him at least one week's wages. This sort of attitude does untold damage to the morale of the whole team and should not be tolerated. If you don't want to play don't expect to be paid.

But as Sog says, you can read absolutely nada into Wanyama not being in the squad.

I guess he asked to be left out. No point in including him after that, but still he gets told to getting head round the fact that he's staying.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Stekelenburg, Cédric, Fonte ©, Yoshida, Targett, Romeu, S. Davis, Ward-Prowse, Tadić, Mané, Pellè. Substitutes: K. Davis (GK), Long, Rodriguez, Martina, Reed, Juanmi, Caulker

Apart from Mane that side has absolutely no pace. I'd be very surprised if there is a slower side than that in the premier league.

Stekelenburg, Cédric, Fonte ©, Yoshida, Targett, Romeu, S. Davis, Ward-Prowse, Tadić, Mané, Pellè. Substitutes: K. Davis (GK), Long, Rodriguez, Martina, Reed, Juanmi, Caulker

Apart from Mane that side has absolutely no pace. I'd be very surprised if there is a slower side than that in the premier league.

Midfield is so weak. Weaker than the Everton game where we go torn a new one.

Talking of getting torn a new one, Redmond is against Targett today :mcinnes:

When have we ever done that...?

I actually think that Norwich will trouble us unless we play well, because every team in the league is good enough to beat us if we drop our (usual) standards by 5-10%.

I'm not sure playing Davis in front of Wanyama & Romeu makes for a great midfield, but I think opting for Mane or Juanmi in there is asking for more long balls, as there will be huge gaps between defence & attack, and we won't have enough of the ball. Has Tadic ever played centrally? I'm guessing he isn't very good there, which is a shame as he's probably the ideal player in terms of his role and creativity to play there. For example:

Stek

Cedric Fonte Yoshida Targett

Romeu Davis

JWP* Tadic Mane

Pelle

*Maybe Juanmi on the right - I'm not convinced by JWP but at least as a midfielder he'd be better at supporting the full back and would get chance to put some crosses in with his fabled right foot, might be able to find a bit more space & time out there too.

Well, perhaps aside from the arrangement of the midfield, will shall see if my team selection will pay dividends...!

Take Mane out of that lineup and it's the weakest side to line up since L1/Championship days. Midfield in particular looks suspect. Why not Reed partnering Romeu and either Davis or Juanmi on the right AM.

Because Koeman wants nothing to do with Reed in the first team unless it's the very last solution at the bottom of the barrel.

His choices last season will tell you that. It's not understandable or explicable but there it is.

Too much negativity, gang. Yes, the VW situation is upsetting. But you're not giving JWP a fair chance. On his day, he's an wonderful creator. He always gives his all. I think there's going to be some fire out there today. If Tadic is back to fit, and Mane turns on a little magic, we'll be on the scoresheet before long and life will feel a lot better. Meanwhile, we're supporters. Let's support!

Wanayama gets unsettled by b**s from Spurs. It screws with his head he is dropped/asks not to be involved, fans go into meltdown and some of the language being used on Twitter by supposed Saints fans is just out of order.

Because EXACTLY the same thing happened at the start of last season when Morgan threw his toys out the pram and Spurs unsettled him with B**s and he was dropped for not being mentally right to play.

How did that all work out last season? Or has everyone forgotten.

Norwich will be a hard test. I am far more concerned about the contribution of Tadic & his fitness & form than I am about VW. We lack creativity because he has not provided any. He starts to play today then we will be fine.

He has another anonymous game and you lot will all be here blaming VW for our inability to score.