Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

Anyone know if the postage is per ticket i.e. I ordered for a group of us and was not charged the postage. So will each person get charged the postage and ticket posted to their addresses or all posted to one address i.e. the person who ordered the tickets and therefore one postage charge.

did you manage to get all your F&F on one booking then? It ususally comes automatically for me but on this one it just gave me one ticket option, or was i doing something wrong?

did you manage to get all your F&F on one booking then? It ususally comes automatically for me but on this one it just gave me one ticket option, or was i doing something wrong?

I managed to book 5 tickets together using linked ST numbers. The system was a bit temperamental though.

Just a quick one if anyone's after a cheaper alternative to flying direct to Milan- flights to Genoa are £84 return with BA; followed by a £24 (roughly) return train (which takes about 90 mins), or £25 a day to hire a car (which is about an hour and 45 drive). Flights are from Gatwick.

yeah, as i said its ususally automatic and the way the tickets were selling i really didnt want to mess around too much, just get the tickets but its annoying.

I'd pay seat numbers no attention mate, once you're there no one is going to sit in their "seats" anyway (plus they're not seats they're bits of plastic bolted to the concrete), the numbers are definitely not seat numbers btw, just indicators of confirmation, so you can pretty easily tell how many we've sold from it. For what it's worth i know people who booked on linked tickets but the "seat" numbers were apart anyway, i think that just shows how crazy the demand must be.

Also anyone know what we're up to on Be'er Sheeva? Would be great if we could push that into the 500 mark today too.

I'd pay seat numbers no attention mate, once you're there no one is going to sit in their "seats" anyway (plus they're not seats they're bits of plastic bolted to the concrete), the numbers are definitely not seat numbers btw, just indicators of confirmation, so you can pretty easily tell how many we've sold from it. For what it's worth i know people who booked on linked tickets but the "seat" numbers were apart anyway, i think that just shows how crazy the demand must be.

Also anyone know what we're up to on Be'er Sheeva? Would be great if we could push that into the 500 mark today too.

Indeed, im not too concerned by it, everyone will be standing anyway, though i want to make sure i am in the same stand as him etc. so i have emailed the club anyway.

On the Be'er Sheeva front, has any more come of the club's phone calls to find out the interest in running transport to and from Tel Aviv? I haven't had a call yet and have not seen anything more concrete on the club's website ??

Was anyone else not charged a postage fee at time of booking?

We've sold over 1500 already.

i wouldn't pay too much attention to that number, unlike Be'er Sheva we would have allocated tickets to one side for corporate sponsors and the official trip (which includes a match ticket) so like Midgetland they won't want to risk selling all the tickets and be left with a half empty flight, so they will have reserved part of the allocation for the official package.

i wouldn't pay too much attention to that number, unlike Be'er Sheva we would have allocated tickets to one side for corporate sponsors and the official trip (which includes a match ticket) so like Midgetland they won't want to risk selling all the tickets and be left with a half empty flight, so they will have reserved part of the allocation for the official package.

official trip according to this does not included match ticket

http://www.tmgsport.com/travel/southampton-fc/

Milan tickets bought, looks like they're flying out the door as mine was seat number 1035!

I suspect they didn't start at 0 for this one as yours is the lowest number I've seen.

Anyone know if the postage is per ticket i.e. I ordered for a group of us and was not charged the postage. So will each person get charged the postage and ticket posted to their addresses or all posted to one address i.e. the person who ordered the tickets and therefore one postage charge.

According to the original club ticketing information the postage is per order, but they don't appear to have charged the £6.50 for it on the ticket order for some reason.

I wonder how many people are chancing it using someone else's season ticket...

None if they've got any sense, given that they have to provide all the person info - but I guess if they had that person's ID and could get to the address on their online account...

500 would be an absolute miracle based on the numbers we've sold so far. We were just over the 200 mark early yesterday, and even though there are LOADS of people now eligible (every member as of this morning) I've only had one person who I didn't know was interested who's told me they suddenly going when they weren't before, so I don't think there's much casual interest from people who don't usually go.

On the Be'er Sheeva front, has any more come of the club's phone calls to find out the interest in running transport to and from Tel Aviv? I haven't had a call yet and have not seen anything more concrete on the club's website ??

I haven't heard anything further.

I was panicking that I hadn't bought my passport number to work but apparently we're good as long as we book today so I now no longer need to find an excuse to go home and grab it!

Yeah you're alright until 8:30am tomorrow when the eligibility gets reset in the system.

Are Saints in the blue section of seats for Milan game ?

Yes. At the back.

I suspect they didn't start at 0 for this one as yours is the lowest number I've seen.

According to the original club ticketing information the postage is per order, but they don't appear to have charged the £6.50 for it on the ticket order for some reason.

None if they've got any sense, given that they have to provide all the person info - but I guess if they had that person's ID and could get to the address on their online account...

500 would be an absolute miracle based on the numbers we've sold so far. We were just over the 200 mark early yesterday, and even though there are LOADS of people now eligible (every member as of this morning) I've only had one person who I didn't know was interested who's told me they suddenly going when they weren't before, so I don't think there's much casual interest from people who don't usually go.

I haven't heard anything further.

Yeah you're alright until 8:30am tomorrow when the eligibility gets reset in the system.

Yes. At the back.

I would have thought numbers for Inter did start at 0, as the supporters groups ticket allocations were already confirmed to them last Friday, so assume that these plus sponsors and corporates were already on the system before tickets went on sale this morning

Regards Be'er Sheva our supporters group have had a further 2 members join the trip since Saturday after realizing they could get tickets so we 20 members travelling over now, these 2 would have only been added to numbers yesterday, and we still have one more member making his mind up whether to go, but with plenty of tickets left no panic on him making his mind up yet

I would have thought numbers for Inter did start at 0, as the supporters groups ticket allocations were already confirmed to them last Friday, so assume that these plus sponsors and corporates were already on the system before tickets went on sale this morning

Regards Be'er Sheva our supporters group have had a further 2 members join the trip since Saturday after realizing they could get tickets so we 20 members travelling over now, these 2 would have only been added to numbers yesterday, and we still have one more member making his mind up whether to go, but with plenty of tickets left no panic on him making his mind up yet

Hold on, so Supporters Groups are getting priority over some season ticket holders?

Hold on, so Supporters Groups are getting priority over some season ticket holders?

So, all I had to do was form a supporters group, become recognised by the club as an official supporters group and, bingo, I'd have priority access to tickets...?

The cheeky buggers kept that quiet :)

Edit....

Not at all we had to provide back up that our members had attended requisite number of games as everybody else did, just our tickets were processed earlier as there is enough tickets for everybody in first category to get a ticket makes no difference

Ah, another cunning plan scuppered.... :(

Not at all we had to provide back up that our members had attended requisite number of games as everybody else did, just our tickets were processed earlier as there is enough tickets for everybody in first category to get a ticket makes no difference

official trip according to this does not included match ticket

http://www.tmgsport.com/travel/southampton-fc/

well that's strange as on the official site, http://www.saintsfc.co.uk it says;

OFFICIAL AWAY TRAVEL

We will be offering official away travel to the San Siro. The package is priced at £329 and includes your match ticket, return flights from Bournemouth to Milan on the day of the game (flying at 7am and returning at midnight), coach transfers from St Mary’s to Bournemouth airport and all ground transfers in Milan, as well as the coach back from Bournemouth airport to St Mary’s.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160901-europa-league-tickets-internazionale-southampton-3285334.aspx#tyP2YpCqGbr4pEhg.99

So why didn't they apply like everyone else. Doesn't make sense.

So, all I had to do was form a supporters group, become recognised by the club as an official supporters group and, bingo, I'd have priority access to tickets...?

The cheeky buggers kept that quiet :)

Edit....

Ah, another cunning plan scuppered.... :(

Supporters groups, sponsors and corporates jump the queue ahead of everyone else.

Sponsors and corporates jumping the queue shouldn't be remotely surprising - they've had priority access to away tickets for years.

Similarly, supporters groups with a genuine regular fanbase also get access to tickets based on their average sales per game over the course of a season. As an example, I believe London Saints sold, on average, around 35 tickets per game last season, so would fully expect them to be entitled to that amount for Milan (perhaps more if they can demonstrate those applying through them qualify), and obviously they'd have had as many as they wanted for Be'er Sheva. Suspect they won't get their full amount for Prague, so Terry will presumably have to allocate them to those who went the most last season.

As far as I can tell, most of the officially recognised supporters groups DON'T get ticket allocations for away games anymore, mainly as they just don't sell enough tickets to justify it. Cardiff Saints sold so few in recent years (no idea how active they are anymore, but suspect most of them decided to sort their own arrangements) that their allocation for each away game was cut to 1 per game last season and is now 0 because they didn't even use that allocation.

Today proves why I never use the On-line Ticket Feck-Up site.

Spent ages entering details for 7. Then get interrupted by visitors and then phone calls. Get logged out and when finally completed it wont let me in the checkout system.

The session management is awful, and the "tick this box to keep me logged in" functionality simply doesn't work.

Oh, and when "auto-buy" things (season ticket renewals, home cup games, etc) go on sale, it puts everybody on your friends/family list in your basket.

Other than that, a flawless system... :adore: :lol:

The session management is awful, and the "tick this box to keep me logged in" functionality simply doesn't work.

Oh, and when "auto-buy" things (season ticket renewals, home cup games, etc) go on sale, it puts everybody on your friends/family list in your basket.

Other than that, a flawless system... :adore: :lol:

Hopefully it is improved with the new website? Whats the chances?

Hopefully it is improved with the new website? Whats the chances?

Pretty sure the ticket site won't be changed, it's a separate third-party system. To be fair to them, they've made a lot of improvements recently on the design of the ticket site so it works on mobiles, tablets, etc, but getting actual functionality improvements will be trickier (and probably more expensive).

Cardiff Saints sold so few in recent years (no idea how active they are anymore, but suspect most of them decided to sort their own arrangements) that their allocation for each away game was cut to 1 per game last season and is now 0 because they didn't even use that allocation.

Maybe they all moved to Southampton? :D

For me the Europa League is the defining moment for Puel, I am holding out the vague hope that his persistence with this diamond formation is because he feels it will work better against European clubs.

There were signs it was starting to work against Arsenal but the fact is our front line will still be impotent whoever we play without a rejig of the formation.

So basically scrub what I initially said as it is complete hogwash..............Coat anyone?.

I meant "started at 1 for individuals", as with the Be'er Sheva numbers.

It's vaguely possible that we could have been up to 700 by 10am with a "head start" from block booking numbers given that the system seems at best random as hell when it comes to assigning numbers to groups - it can clearly process lots of purchasing sessions concurrently given the gaps in numbers on same group bookings.

Suffice to say in the last couple of days from comments on here some of the ticket booking system logic has come into question and I might consider testing it at some point for an exploit I think I may have spotted...

For me the Europa League is the defining moment for Puel, I am holding out the vague hope that his persistence with this diamond formation is because he feels it will work better against European clubs.

There were signs it was starting to work against Arsenal but the fact is our front line will still be impotent whoever we play without a rejig of the formation.

So basically scrub what I initially said as it is complete hogwash..............Coat anyone?.

Particularly impressive as at no stage on Saturday did we play the diamond formation.

Only because we're an english side and it's an english betting site. just means more people are likely to put money on us. I'd put us more in the 100/1 bracket tbh.

Partly, but don't forget one of the teams that got to the final last season finished below us in the league and the other finished 7th in La Liga.

I'm not saying it means we're likely to get to the final but I'd say true odds would be far better than 100/1 even considering that odds will come in should be get our of our group and then lengthen when 3rd place teams from the CL enter.

Of course none of this is relevant if we don't start to perform as we did last season.

Partly, but don't forget one of the teams that got to the final last season finished below us in the league and the other finished 7th in La Liga.

I'm not saying it means we're likely to get to the final but I'd say true odds would be far better than 100/1 even considering that odds will come in should be get our of our group and then lengthen when 3rd place teams from the CL enter.

Of course none of this is relevant if we don't start to perform as we did last season.

Think you've nailed it with this comment...we're considerably weaker than last season, and Liverpool should have finished above us in the league really.