Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,650 of 2065

Thread: 2019/20 - Other Games

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Only just signed him on loan.
    Ta - he has looked sh1te so far

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    City looking like going to absolutely hammer Villa.

    Villa, Bournemouth and Norwich look to be the worst 3 teams in the league. Bournemouth were awful today, Villa look like they have given up.

  3. Default

    This could beat our record!!

  4. #1604

    Default

    City no sparing anything - this could get a bit embarrassing

  5. Default

    3-0. We want 10!

  6. #1606

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kings Worthy
    Posts
    20,134
    Blog Entries
    34

    Default

    Could the 0-9 be under threat? (Of course not, but Villa look appalling.)

  7. Default

    Charlie Nicholas predicted 0-5 and was getting stick. Looks conservative

  8. #1608

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    It's grim oop north
    Posts
    8,092

    Default

    This is turning into the best possible weekend for us really. A superb away win at the team second in the table, and every team below us except Watford dropping points.

  9. Default

    Hopefully it can be 0-10 and then we can forget about our 0-9

  10. Default

    4-0 City.

    Just read that Drinkwater’s last 3 EPL starts have been for 3 different teams and all against City.

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint77 View Post
    No disrespect to the female race but all the female summarisers are awful I have to turn the sound down


    Their only qualification for the job is having a womb, not really equality is it? Getting a job, not because you deserve it, but because you’re a chick. Very 1970’s.

    I had the misfortune to tune into Goals on Sunday earlier and they’ve ruined that allowing some dopey bird to present with Kammy.




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  12. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Hopefully it can be 0-10 and then we can forget about our 0-9

    Yeah, they must have mentioned the 9-0 100 times during yesterday’s game. It’s like these pundits can’t say Southampton without saying 9-0. Hope it stuck in the ****ing throats after yesterday’s result.

  13. #1613

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,874
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint77 View Post
    No disrespect to the female race but all the female summarisers are awful I have to turn the sound down
    No disrespect. 🤣

  14. Default

    Asked the question before but if you could have any player from PL team into Saints? would have to be KDB

  15. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    Their only qualification for the job is having a womb, not really equality is it? Getting a job, not because you deserve it, but because you’re a chick. Very 1970’s.

    I had the misfortune to tune into Goals on Sunday earlier and they’ve ruined that allowing some dopey bird to present with Kammy.




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Surely you mean vag?

  16. #1616

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    8,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    4-0 City.

    Just read that Drinkwater’s last 3 EPL starts have been for 3 different teams and all against City.
    When you think about where drinkwater came from 2 or 3 seasons ago, and where he is now, he's probably wondering how it all went so horribly Pete Tong.

    Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

  17. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    When you think about where drinkwater came from 2 or 3 seasons ago, and where he is now, he's probably wondering how it all went so horribly Pete Tong.

    Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
    He’s a **** artist.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  18. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    Yeah, they must have mentioned the 9-0 100 times during yesterday’s game. It’s like these pundits can’t say Southampton without saying 9-0. Hope it stuck in the ****ing throats after yesterday’s result.
    Even Lineker had a final dig at the end of MOTD yesterday, it would be sweet if our win contributed to them finishing outside the top 4. To replay the 9 goals at the ground before yesterdays game was ungracious and spiteful (like Vardy when he goads the opposition fans every time he scores). RH was class after the game yesterday by comparison ...

  19. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf Saint View Post
    The female 'race'?
    Women’s 100 meters?

  20. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyle04 View Post
    Even Lineker had a final dig at the end of MOTD yesterday, it would be sweet if our win contributed to them finishing outside the top 4. To replay the 9 goals at the ground before yesterdays game was ungracious and spiteful (like Vardy when he goads the opposition fans every time he scores). RH was class after the game yesterday by comparison ...
    Lineker is a jug-lugged cheese and onion crisp breathed ******!

    The 9-0 was bad enough but rubbing our noses in it shows a distinct lack of class. I wish nothing but ill fortune for that club.

  21. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    He’s a **** artist.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yep, too interested in drinking and pulling chicks.

  22. Default

    0-5 City, will our record be broken...?

  23. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    Lineker is a jug-lugged cheese and onion crisp breathed ******!

    The 9-0 was bad enough but rubbing our noses in it shows a distinct lack of class. I wish nothing but ill fortune for that club.
    9-0 was a brilliant score (for LCFC) and I am sure that we would replay it as well.

  24. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    9-0 was a brilliant score (for LCFC) and I am sure that we would replay it as well.
    Did we replay the 8-0 against Sunderland during the warm up when we played them the following season?

  25. #1625

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,550

    Default

    Bournemouth were appalling.
    I guess, we are a fine example of sticking with it and a relatively short space of time can see you fly up the league.

    If they did go down, would like to see us go for Ake, King or Brooks...

  26. #1626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    9-0 was a brilliant score (for LCFC) and I am sure that we would replay it as well.
    I don't recall Saints doing it when Sunderland returned to St Mary's after we beat them 8-0 the season before

  27. #1627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Bournemouth were appalling.
    I guess, we are a fine example of sticking with it and a relatively short space of time can see you fly up the league.

    If they did go down, would like to see us go for Ake, King or Brooks...
    Ake would be £40m+ and Chelsea have first option

  28. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    I don't recall Saints doing it when Sunderland returned to St Mary's after we beat them 8-0 the season before
    We didn’t win away 8-0

  29. #1629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    We didn’t win away 8-0
    Why is it being away relevant? It is a comparable situation being a 8-0 win

  30. #1630

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bitterne Park
    Posts
    2,276

    Default

    Wish we were due to play Bomoey next - so many little ******s came out the woodwork to gloat a couple of months ago, would love to smash them

  31. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Why is it being away relevant? It is a comparable situation being a 8-0 win
    No different season. Completely dissimilar

  32. Default

    Only two teams below us have a better goal difference than us despite the 0-9

  33. #1633

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    It's grim oop north
    Posts
    8,092

    Default

    6-0 to City now.

    Could they???

  34. #1634

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bitterne Park
    Posts
    2,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyle04 View Post
    Even Lineker had a final dig at the end of MOTD yesterday, it would be sweet if our win contributed to them finishing outside the top 4. To replay the 9 goals at the ground before yesterdays game was ungracious and spiteful (like Vardy when he goads the opposition fans every time he scores). RH was class after the game yesterday by comparison ...
    To be fair to Leicester they play the highlight from the last meeting of any team they face at the King Power - and I really don’t see why people are up in arms about it - in sport you’re always looking for those things that give you the edge over the opponent, the ground is meant to be uncomfortable for away teams and fans, I wish Saints showed a bit more ****housery at St Mary’s to visitors.

  35. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bpsaint View Post
    To be fair to Leicester they play the highlight from the last meeting of any team they face at the King Power - and I really don’t see why people are up in arms about it - in sport you’re always looking for those things that give you the edge over the opponent, the ground is meant to be uncomfortable for away teams and fans, I wish Saints showed a bit more ****housery at St Mary’s to visitors.
    Fair enough, like everyone needed reminding though.
    Villa fightback on btw 1-6...

  36. #1636

    Default

    I remember the Cherries fans singing When the Saints go marching down' earlier in the season, may need a change of words when we go there.

  37. #1637

    Default

    Watford have the same form as us now.

  38. #1638

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    It's grim oop north
    Posts
    8,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Watford have the same form as us now.
    Yeah they've managed to stay within 6 points of us throughout our recent run it seems. Can't see them going down now unless Deeney gets injured again.

  39. #1639

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leslie Tiller was f**king murdered!
    Posts
    11,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Only two teams below us have a better goal difference than us despite the 0-9
    I know I'm starting to get greedy here but the thing we're missing is a decent 3/4-0 spanking of someone, just to get the GD a bit further North.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf Saint View Post
    6-0 to City now.

    Could they???
    Charlie Nicholas said they'd lose 5-0 on Soccer Saturday yesterday and Jeff was taking the Mick for being so harsh on Villa. Probably a few smug texts being sent this evening.

  40. #1640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Ake would be £40m+ and Chelsea have first option
    Read somewhere that the Chelsea buyback expires before the summer transfer window, albeit that doesn’t deflect from your point that he’d be too pricey for us, not to mention Man City, Leicester etc have also been linked.

    Incidentally was at the Bmouth game today, and it turned a little toxic at the end - fans berating players within ear shot whilst the match was still ongoing for instance. Said players took it well and engaged the supporters back, but it was worse than anything I’ve seen at St Marys in recent times, even in the 0-9. Although not a wide consensus, majority of fans around me were making comments about wanting a “better manager”, time for Howe to go, confused by his subs etc. Yes they’ve had lots of injuries, but today King and Brooks would be the only players usually considered part of the starting 11 that were ruled out, so not exactly down to the bare bones, as their old friend would say...

  41. #1641

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    10,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Asked the question before but if you could have any player from PL team into Saints? would have to be KDB
    VVD back. No question


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  42. #1642

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    18,013

    Default

    Is Nigel Pearson the best English manager?

  43. #1643

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    18,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    VVD back. No question


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No.

    You can have any player and you waste your pick on a defender?

  44. #1644

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Fine City of Southampton
    Posts
    3,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    I remember the Cherries fans singing When the Saints go marching down' earlier in the season, may need a change of words when we go there.
    "You can stick your fookin buckets up yer arse...."

  45. #1645

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    5,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf Saint View Post
    This is turning into the best possible weekend for us really. A superb away win at the team second in the table, and every team below us except Watford dropping points.
    ...but teams above us are not, it's going to be a long haul to move much further up the table

  46. #1646

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    5,777

    Default

    I hope Villa don't fall at the first hurdle. Too much history and success. There is still a place for romance in footie. Fingers crossed Burnley will drop with Bournemouth & Norwich.

  47. #1647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    I hope Villa don't fall at the first hurdle. Too much history and success. There is still a place for romance in footie. Fingers crossed Burnley will drop with Bournemouth & Norwich.
    Nah, W Ham.

  48. #1648

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leslie Tiller was f**king murdered!
    Posts
    11,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waylander View Post
    Nah, W Ham.
    I agree, by far the most hilarious option.

  49. #1649

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    7,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    I hope Villa don't fall at the first hurdle. Too much history and success. There is still a place for romance in footie. Fingers crossed Burnley will drop with Bournemouth & Norwich.
    A lot depends on how they react to yesterday's thrashing.

    I'd say Norwich are getting close to the point of no return: 6 point gap to the next team and 8 to safety. Bournemouth are dropping like a stone and unless something drastically changes they'll be gone too.

    Of the rest, Watford are going nowhere but up, Burnley seem to grind results out when they need them. I'd love to see West Ham go but would say less likely than Villa. And don't rule out Newcastle and Brighton. If either hit a bad run they'll be quickly back in the mire.

    Fingers crossed, Saints should be ok.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  50. #1650

    Default

    I think Bournemouth are capable of putting a run together, absolutely massive next weekend away at Norwich, got a feeling they'll win that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •