Coronavirus

whelk

Not so. Fresh clean air and sunshine are more beneficial that stuffy recycled air. We all need to build up our vitamin D after the winter.

You’re thinking of a different sort of exercise, body building rather than getting your fluids moving. This is more relevant for the older generations.

HIIT has zero to do with body building.

What the hell is going on here? The same police force that bundled someone out of a park are there allowing people to stand in large groups right next to each other and clap. Weird.

https://twitter.com/d_rafi1/status/1250864574984867856?s=19

I bet the planks clapping will be the first to grass up their neighbours if they dare to take 2 walks a day.

The Spectator reporting that in Paris police phone lines are getting clogged up by people reporting their neighbours and they’ve appealed to people to stop. Bit of common sense from the mayor as well. Time for Khan to step up to the plate and stop playing politics.

“The mayor of Paris's 20th arrondissement has asked residents of her neighbourhood to stop denouncing each other. 'When it's a question of violence against women or children, or selling drugs, I'm still all ears,' said Frédérique Calandra this week. 'But these calls stigmatising Parisians who wish only to get a breath of fresh for a few minutes, they're unacceptable.Passing on a message from the police, Calandra told people to stop denouncing their neighbours for petty infractions of the confinement regulations because it was overwhelming their emergency phone lines.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What the hell is going on here? The same police force that bundled someone out of a park are there allowing people to stand in large groups right next to each other and clap. Weird.

Just good old fashioned virtue signalling, people having to outdo each other to show they're the most socially caring, selfless blah blah blah.

I expect to see white feathers soon on houses where people don’t come out to clap at 8pm
We're only a few weeks away from it going full-on Poppy-mas levels of "look how much I care" one upmanship across the nation. We've painted our entire house like a rainbow etc etc.

I don't get why it needs to be every week, especially as it feels like every week it is escalating (various reports of fireworks being set off as well as the images of it becoming like a mini street party in some places).

The NHS want the correct equipment and, when thIs is over maybe a bloody pay rise.

I am sure people mean well but the clapping is making a virtue of and distracting from the low pay and a decade of chronic under funding in the sector.

Edited by CB Fry

We're only a few weeks away from it going full-on Poppy-mas levels of "look how much I care" one upmanship across the nation. We've painted our entire house like a rainbow etc etc.

I don't get why it needs to be every week, especially as it feels like every week it is escalating (various reports of fireworks being set off as well as the images of it becoming like a mini street party in some places).

The NHS want the correct equipment and, when thIs is over maybe a bloody pay rise.

I am sure people mean well but the clapping is making a virtue of and distracting from the low pay and a decade of chronic under funding in the sector.

I’ve just tried to buy an 8ft wooden spoon on Amazon but all sold out.

Totally agree btw

The Met Police twitter account has posted about 4 or 5 videos of officers clapping outside hospitals last night in which pretty much all of them feature groups of people stood around next to each other.

As if the NHS staff haven't already suffered enough one officer even brought a saxophone to play outside a hospital.

BREAKING: Hundreds of people gather on Westminster Bridge to applaud the NHS staff who will be treating them for coronavirus next week.

Have I Got News For You@haveigotnews 8:54 AM · Apr 17, 2020·Twitter Web App

Just good old fashioned virtue signalling, people having to outdo each other to show they're the most socially caring, selfless blah blah blah.

Yep. It's just a load of clap.

People setting off lanterns, which then burn downs barns and injure livestock after the dry weather seems to be being reported too.

As for the pay rise, I doubt there will be anything left in the kitty to give them much, once this is all under control.

People setting off lanterns, which then burn downs barns and injure livestock after the dry weather seems to be being reported too.

As for the pay rise, I doubt there will be anything left in the kitty to give them much, once this is all under control.

The kitty is just a figment. All about keeping us under control and not expecting a ‘magic money tree’ - easily found when suits them.

Global economies and borrowing is all smoke and mirrors built on not much.

Wouldn’t be popular but people on furlough scheme should go to a different tax code to pay back higher proportion when back to normal.
I’d sooner see the companies pay it back. Particularly the ones who refuse to make up the 20% or are using the scheme when they didn’t really need to. Hopefully there will be a full audit of those that used it after this is all over.

House up near me on Thorold Road blares out You’ll Never Walk Alone at 8pm each Thursday, makes we want to stop clapping and throw up.

As most know my Mrs has had a rough week & is an NHS worker. Some twts setting of fireworks & sounding stupid horns frightened our dog to bloody death. She loves that dog & it really upset her watching him shaking and petrified. I know they mean well, but these ****ing idiots do need to stop and think.

First week was one thing, every week getting a bit OTT now. Let’s have an NHS day when it’s all over, carnivals, street parties, collections, whatever. But give it a rest now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you look at the second video there is hardly anyone there, just a little plug of people by the person filming it, not the big deal people are making it out to be.

it is a big deal as the same police force are telling people that walking around a park close to others is literally "killing people"....

It took some time for the penny to drop. You are not the sharpest tool in the box, are you.

It was obvious to the rest of us. It seems you got there quite slowly...

I see irony is lost on the hard of thinking!

And talking of sharpest tools in the box, why on earth would an ice cream man be out and about during the 'work day', doesn't it make more commercial sense for an ice cream man to be plying his trade when people aren't at work and more likely to buy his wares?

Tune in next week folks as we'll be explaining the supremely tricky commerce concept of 'buy one get one free' to tamesaint the dullard!

I see irony is lost on the hard of thinking!

And talking of sharpest tools in the box, why on earth would an ice cream man be out and about during the 'work day', doesn't it make more commercial sense for an ice cream man to be plying his trade when people aren't at work and more likely to buy his wares?

Tune in next week folks as we'll be explaining the supremely tricky commerce concept of 'buy one get one free' to tamesaint the dullard!

You're the one who misrepresented my post to try and suggest I was saying you weren't allowed to drive to work. And you call other people slow!

It took some time for the penny to drop. You are not the sharpest tool in the box, are you.

It was obvious to the rest of us. It seems you got there quite slowly...

My counting isn't great, but is that a classed as a gathering of more than two people - the burning question, should they be fined for disobeying the legislation?

You're the one who misrepresented my post to try and suggest I was saying you weren't allowed to drive to work. And you call other people slow!

Ah yes, your completely irrelevant quote about people driving for no good reason where you quoted mine that stated I drive for work every day. There was no 'misrepresentation', I put a number of question marks so you could explain but you chose not to....

it is a big deal as the same police force are telling people that walking around a park close to others is literally "killing people"....

Only to you because you are obsessed with hypocrisy. It's been the same for the ten years I've been on here, you talk about groups of people as though they are one; saints fans, labour supporters, police, whatever. Here's the deal they are different people acting differently; in this case different sets of police on different days, dealing with different situations and probably interpreting slightly vague guidance differently.

Perhaps you can also explain Fx movements and the relationship of the zloty against the pound.

Ah yes, your completely irrelevant quote about people driving for no good reason where you quoted mine that stated I drive for work every day. There was no 'misrepresentation', I put a number of question marks so you could explain but you chose not to....
You said you drive every work day not that you drive to work. I then made a general point about non essential journeys and you chose to interpret that as being me suggesting that I hadn't understood your post. You said that you hadn't been stopped by the police, the implication being that if you were out driving for non essential reasons then you were unlikely to get caught. My point was that you may not get caught but that you take the risk knowing full well that you may be so you shouldn't complain if you do. Really wasn't that hard to understand but it seems you had trouble.

You said you drive every work day not that you drive to work. I then made a general point about non essential journeys and you chose to interpret that as being me suggesting that I hadn't understood your post. You said that you hadn't been stopped by the police, the implication being that if you were out driving for non essential reasons then you were unlikely to get caught. My point was that you may not get caught but that you take the risk knowing full well that you may be so you shouldn't complain if you do. Really wasn't that hard to understand but it seems you had trouble.

I don't drive to the same workplace every day - I have several that I need to visit - I therefore drive in different areas of Avon and Somerset on different work days. It's not a game of 'risk' with the police, merely an observation that even with the amount of driving that I have had to do, I've not been stopped by the police.

It's not that hard to understand, but it seems you had trouble, hopefully this clears it up for you and gives you an insight into my fascinating life.

I don't drive to the same workplace every day - I have several that I need to visit - I therefore drive in different areas of Avon and Somerset on different work days. It's not a game of 'risk' with the police, merely an observation that even with the amount of driving that I have had to do, I've not been stopped by the police.

It's not that hard to understand, but it seems you had trouble, hopefully this clears it up for you and gives you an insight into my fascinating life.

I'll interpret that as an admission that you weren't clear enough and that you actually didn't specify that you were driving to work and additionally that you misunderstood the point I was making in my previous post but are too proud fo say so. Cheers.

Weren't there previous claims of the virus leaking from a lab?

Yes, almost as soon as the novel coronavirus came to light, there was speculation - much of it uninformed - about its origins.

One online theory, that went viral in January, suggested the virus could have been engineered in a lab as a bioweapon. This allegation has been repeatedly dismissed by scientists, who note that studies show the virus originated in animals - most likely in bats.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-52318539

You'd have to be a right proper dinlo to believe Coronavirus was developed as a weapon, not sure we've got anyone quite that stupid on this forum, oh, no, wait.....

Wow

Which clown said if this was a weapon, it would be a pretty feeble one :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-52318539

You'd have to be a right proper dinlo to believe Coronavirus was developed as a weapon, not sure we've got anyone quite that stupid on this forum, oh, no, wait.....

Where did I say it was developed as a weapon? Do you know what a hypothetical conditional sentence is? Is English your first language?

I know you’re embarrassed because you dismissively trivialised the impact of the virus (what my post was highlighting following the announcement of an unprecedented lockdown -and yes mocking- given your Classic dribbling Westies on the first page of this thread i.e. ‘Not exactly a 'potent' weapon then! Back to the drawing board methinks!!’ after someone had mentioned the ‘low’ mortality rate of covid-19).

But crack on misinterpreting what I said and making yourself look sillier in the process dinlo.

Edited by shurlock

Clapping is the new poppies isn’t it. Your typical Facebook mum bemoaning anyone who doesn’t dare join in.

The scenes on Westminster Bridge yesterday were farcical.

Yep. Pure virtue signalling. We did it the first week and then the second week as my 6 year old wanted too but didn’t do it this week as it’s all getting a bit much with people videoing their streets and saying how great it is sharing on Facebook and Instagram in a my road cares more than your road type way.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Coronavirus