Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Didn't they just send someone out on loan? At that level that's usually the sign of a club that's overspent and needs to cut back.

Not that it's how they usually respond to overspending - previous experience has shown the typical response is to continue to overspend until the amount owed to others is enough to reduce the HMRC voting rights to less than the amount needed to liquidate.

Cook on Radio Solent and in other media today saying that his 26-man squad is too big and that he wants to reduce it in size.

For that, read; "One of the HNWs has found a calculator, run some figures, and realised their outgoings on wages for over-priced journeymen with a good reputation exceeds their income and might force him and the other HNWs to write out another bail-out cheque and has told Cook to ship a few out."

As Cook continues to reduce the size of his over-large squad, watch this space.

The Phew already being softened up for a disappointing transfer window as Cook declares he is not concerned with getting anybody in when the window opens, but is more concerned with: "Getting a few players out of the building."

Cook on Radio Solent and in other media today saying that his 26-man squad is too big and that he wants to reduce it in size.

For that, read; "One of the HNWs has found a calculator, run some figures, and realised their outgoings on wages for over-priced journeymen with a good reputation exceeds their income and might force him and the other HNWs to write out another bail-out cheque and has told Cook to ship a few out."

As Cook continues to reduce the size of his over-large squad, watch this space.

The Phew already being softened up for a disappointing transfer window as Cook declares he is not concerned with getting anybody in when the window opens, but is more concerned with: "Getting a few players out of the building."

The burn rate must be higher than anyone thought. They've hoovered up anyone at that level who looked any good and presumably had to pay premium wages in order to get them into Fortress Fatpipes. Again.

Is it worth me pointing out that Wales have been using "Can't take my eyes off you" as a song since 1993, originally because BBC Wales used the Andy Williams version in an advertising campaign for their matches? So they're only 22 years behind on that one.

[video=youtube;LDgLyFNb-DE]

Oops again.

In fairness I'm not sure that Pompey fan was suggesting it as a song no one has ever sung at a football match before.

Really don't think our own fanbase has any moral high ground on originating football chants.

Come to think of it, also in 2003 (over 10 years after the Wales original) I heard Dave Ford trying to get

"Antti Niemi, came down from Hearts one night

Antti Niemi saves everything in sight

Antti Niemi, we're all right behind you"...

going in Bucharest, so... yeah.

"The Portsmouth Supporters Trust have had a turbulent year with a number of operational issuestaking a disproportionate amount of time and effort. This culminated in an open meeting in April wherean Audit of the Boards effectiveness was requested by the membership present at that meeting. Aftersome time to determine the team to carry out the audit and to agree the Terms of Reference the auditfinally got underway in late July. Copies of the Terms of Reference and CV's of the team are includedin this document."

http://www.pompeytrust.com/userfiles/file/PST%20Audit%20Report.pdf

The new signings only gone and done it:

"It's not often that such a big club wants you to play for them and I'm determined to take advantage of that," he told Portsmouth's website.

I'd suggest Sheffield United are the bigger club of the two, but evidently not the bestest

He just fogot to "for the fourth division" after the "big club" bit and obviously the chuckling doesn't come across in the written word.

And the skate boss was just on South Today stating how he hopes to get to round 2 tomorrow so they get the chance to be a "David" if they get a giant in the next round. That's more like it.

"The Portsmouth Supporters Trust have had a turbulent year with a number of operational issuestaking a disproportionate amount of time and effort. This culminated in an open meeting in April wherean Audit of the Boards effectiveness was requested by the membership present at that meeting. Aftersome time to determine the team to carry out the audit and to agree the Terms of Reference the auditfinally got underway in late July. Copies of the Terms of Reference and CV's of the team are includedin this document."

As we knew of course! Nevertheless good to see. Don't expect to see that reported in the Snooze though.

The new signings only gone and done it:

"It's not often that such a big club wants you to play for them and I'm determined to take advantage of that," he told Portsmouth's website.

I'd suggest Sheffield United are the bigger club of the two, but evidently not the bestest

But he did knock Saints out of the LC for Sheff Utd - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_McNulty

That'll keep the fish happy. Expect to see that referenced on the Snooze at regular intervals as they pay over the top money for his loan and salary.

He just fogot to "for the fourth division" after the "big club" bit and obviously the chuckling doesn't come across in the written word.

And the skate boss was just on South Today stating how he hopes to get to round 2 tomorrow so they get the chance to be a "David" if they get a giant in the next round. That's more like it.

How can a giant like Portsmouth be a David? They need to draw AC Milan to be considered so.

They won't like this bit:

Meetings often lasted four hours or longer. Board Members told us that casual discussion on PCFC football matters and other matters outside the PST scope of control would often encroach on Board time.

Recommendation: 6 The Board should clarify to PST Board and members the scope of control of the PST Board and Board Agenda and business discussed should reflect this.

So stop pretending that you have anything to do with the running of the football club or the team, and leave that to the real owners.

In reality that's quite a decent and well put together report, although it's not an audit in the true sense of the word. But I don't see that it can actually work for them, it's far too "heavy-duty" for a bunch of unpaid volunteers working in their spare time.

Edited by hutch

If you want a BLOODY good laugh, here's the goal they conceded to Macclesfield today:

Simply the #bestest :D

Best fans in world...so say the pompey faithful......lots and lots of empty seats in a tiny shed is what I see.

Ha ha ha tiny club in a tiny ground that's half empty, embarrassment of the south coast. Sfc, afcb and b&hafc ten times the club that poopey will ever be.

Dream scenario, St Mary's welcomes the Skates for their big day in the sun, bring it on...........

disagree if we never play them again would be to quick, in the 60's and 70's they became a complete irrelevance to us and it was great, and it really hurt them

disagree if we never play them again would be to quick' date=' in the 60's and 70's they became a complete irrelevance to us and it was great, and it really hurt them[/quote']

I'd want us to play them again fairly soon. They are our only real rival.

disagree if we never play them again would be to quick' date=' in the 60's and 70's they became a complete irrelevance to us and it was great, and it really hurt them[/quote']

I don't thing we will play them in the league in the rest of our life times, but I would love to get them in the cup and smash them by 5 or 6.

I don't thing we will play them in the league in the rest of our life times, but I would love to get them in the cup and smash them by 5 or 6.

And thereby lies the problem. If we don't beat them at least 4-1 then it will always be seen as a moral victory by them.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure that bumping along at the ar$e end of the league pyramid for a few decades is a great plan for getting one over on your rivals!

You jealous scummahs haven't beaten us for ages!....

Indeed we haven't. :)

I wonder if someone should explain to them the rope-a-dope stratergy only really work in an individual competitive match, not over several seasons......

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})