Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Oooh - is that a precedent I see before me?? Athletics strips cheats of medals, titles (perhaps not the best day to cite that!)....could Cardiff be awarded a cup win by default?

Funny thought rather than reality but this thread is about laughing at them these days...the turd has proved unflushable thus far :-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34771999

I'd want us to play them again fairly soon. They are our only real rival.

To be a viable rival you have to be at least a tiny bit competitive with your adversary. So that now rules them out, just like it did for most of the last 60 odd years. Having said that, I 4-1 would want one more cup game against them. Make that 12-0.

After which, they can slink off back to obscurity in the cesspit of the lower leagues, for the rest of eternity.

probably just got a half arsed car park though, not a top of the range shingle job.

Actually it's a beautifully tarmacced and fully marked out little number, the access from the Burger King roundabout rather than the main Hedge End/West End Botley Road roundabout is quirky but understandable though.

If anyone's bored enough to go back in this thread to the first time a Tesco development was mentioned, that would be a nice timeline to judge against.

Also, we could benchmark it against the completely new shopping centre which has been built in Newport since they blew up the whole area in January 2014 (although admittedly they've been planning to get Debenhams in there by flattening the area since the 1990s so it's more comparable to the Mythical New Portsmouth Stadium than the Tesco next door to the current one).

fratton-park-tesco.jpg?sfvrsn=020-0.jpg54.jpg

Or actually:

1084307199.jpg

Edited by The9

Please never feed me whatever drugs Factless Allen is on. Ever since the fans achieved a minority share in the club he's been on a one man ****athon of sycophantic arse licking. The tripe he puts in their local rag is nothing short of embarrassing and I'm glad he isn't associated with Saints at all. I simply wouldn't be able to stand the kind of cr@p he spouts.

Plenty of face palming fodder in this masterpiece for anyone that needs a top up...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-have-shown-leeds-and-northampton-there-is-life-after-the-rogues-1-7053221

Jesus Christ, have the PST only got 3500 members? Even Newport have around 2000 and their attendances are about 1/5 of the size of Portsmouth's. That's a TERRIBLE proportion. I'm genuinely shocked that they had such an awful response to their desperate need. :o

LOL @ the idea that they're somehow trailblazers when there are over 150 supporters' trusts and they've only been going 2 years, plus they don't even have 50% ownership.

Also, huge LOL @ McInnes:

474605799.jpg

To be fair TK Maxx have just moved in to an existing building with existing access and parking, utilities etc... (it used to be Wickes)

I've just had a look at the old Wickes on Google maps - they've revamped the whole thing and definitely done at the very least extensive rebuilding of the facade of the building. Difficult to tell if the shell is still the original building from the angles of the pics (and I can't be ar5ed to drive down there and check).

Either way, at least they have tarmac on the car park. :)

The bit which riled me most was

‘My opinion is I’d love a squeaky clean Leeds owner – but there are not that many out there,’ wrote Cooke.

‘In any case, it’s not as if he’s killed anyone and the politics in Italy are very different to the politics in this country.

‘As I said before, the critical thing for me is what better option than Cellino is there out there. I don’t see any.’

It would be harsh to use hindsight to destroy Cooke’s arguments.

And also massively hypocritical and ironic.

Of all the clubs in the football pyramid I think it's safe to say that the skates are the least qualified to comment on the qualities required of a 'fit and proper person' to run a football club.

...and if those dirty cheating skates had paid their massive multi-multi-million£ tax bill then they may not have been responsible for the closure of tax offices around the country and making so many people redundant in their own town.

Been a while since they smashed the place up.

...and if those dirty cheating skates had paid their massive multi-multi-million£ tax bill then they may not have been responsible for the closure of tax offices around the country and making so many people redundant in their own town.

....and sometimes this thread descends into exaggerated melodrama. Come off it.

Our Level 3 Sports students have had to write an assignment investigating the potential of a non PL "sleeping giant".

You'll be amazed. nay shocked, to hear that none, not a single one, looked at the worlds biggest and best fan owned super club! Leeds, the Sheffield clubs, Forest, Derby, Boro and even Bristol City were all represented but not the east Hampshire super giant that is pompey!

Travesty.

While it's fair to say the forthcoming HMRC cull isn't linked, how many companies have to default on huge tax bills before we can link them to closures of key services?

During one of their recent administrations when Moneypenny was chief apologist for her club's criminality, a key cancer ward in her own constituency was closed as part of cuts.

You can talk of different budgets etc but if the taxman misses out on £35m something has to give, and occasionally it comes back to bite the local community on the ar$e.

Tax evasion by football clubs is not a victimless crime.

Our Level 3 Sports students have had to write an assignment investigating the potential of a non PL "sleeping giant".

You'll be amazed. nay shocked, to hear that none, not a single one, looked at the worlds biggest and best fan owned super club! Leeds, the Sheffield clubs, Forest, Derby, Boro and even Bristol City were all represented but not the east Hampshire super giant that is pompey!

Travesty.

Where are you based?

Hmmm can i buck the trend?, I don't want to be part of this(happy clappy) we got fookall really fan owned football club,

I would like some sleazy eastern block billionair, or a dozen sheiks from arabee, to come n spend oodles of cash on mercenary prem players,

then in a few seasons we could get back to kicking you pony boys aurses.:D

Well thats my crimble note for santa,

Hmmm can i buck the trend?, I don't want to be part of this(happy clappy) we got fookall really fan owned football club,

I would like some sleazy eastern block billionair, or a dozen sheiks from arabee, to come n spend oodles of cash on mercenary prem players,

then in a few seasons we could get back to kicking you pony boys aurses.:D

Well thats my crimble note for santa,

Trouble is in England fan ownership is only ever mooted as the last chance to stave off bankruptcy when the club is down to its last quid (or minus £120,000,000 quid in some cases). If they had been run as mutual from the start, like Barca, the situation would be totally different. I don't think you need a billionaire to get promoted and do well, its just a lot easier and quicker that way.

But yet again, that's the same non-sustainable model that f*cked the skates in the first place. The whole club needs to be rebuilt from the ground up starting with the kipper shed. You can't survive in the PL with a stadium Under 30k, (Bournemouth will discover this if they survive)

Can you honestly see some billionaire wanting to do that when there are other clubs with far better infrastructure in place? I know English Football clubs are seen as rich mans toys however no one has an unlimited pot of money and no one wants to spend stupid amounts of money when they don't have to. Not only that, why would they bother with the stadium now landlocked and no other plot of land readily available?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})