Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

You have to think chances are hmrc will win the court case. Football is now such a huge business that it has to be treated like everyone else now. The creditors rule was not going to last forever and by overturning it will mean you won't be able to just forget about the unsecured debt. It will be another deterrent to running your club badly.

What ****es me off is Portsmouth are not in proper admin. The guy supposed to be getting money into the club does not seem to be doing it. They are running day to day with costs being paid by the former owner. You have to assume those costs will have to be repaid and probably in full.

Rather then look for a legit way to help the club they have tried to go down a dark path by trying to force through the cva and make the former owner the owner once more.

The fact hmrc are now going against this rule will have massive implications for chinari. Because if they win everyone is entitled to a slice of the parachute payments. To get a cva through they will probably have to double the current offer and i think we have to assume they won't offer that. So i wonder if that happens will chinari bail because he is hanging around for his slice of the parachute payments. If he only gets a fraction of it and will get none of the future money then why would he continue to throw his money away?

Either way i think it is now likely the cva will not be agreed in time and they will get a further points deduction.

Logically, you would think so, but pragmatically, if it's 20p or nothing, they may still think the 20p is the best option.

The court case shouldn't really ave any bearing on the CVA as they are operating under existing rules. They are just challenging those rules.

At the moment there is an offer of 20p in the pound over 5 years (or 4p a year.

If the football creditors rule was overturned, and the club was liquidated/ asset stripped after the first parachute payment arrives the creditors may well get more now than the 4p proposed.

If they had the balls, but it will take men of steel to actually say 'no you are goners'

These are football people who will do their utmost not to see clubs go to the wall. I think at best they may well give a large points penalty, but i doubt they will be brave enough to be the people to cause the clubs liquidation. In this Im torn, sometimes id love to see them gone forever but then I see decent fans who cant help where they were born who don't deserve to lose their club.

A long spell in the backwaters again would be justice for all the good days they have had after the cheating and overindulgences of the last few years.

Yeah, I think like this too. In the name of fairness they should be punished severely and relegated a few divisions. I'd be happy if they were put in the conference or even L2.

Has Andronikou started...sorry completed his forensic accounting yet?

Dont rush him....he has autographs to sign, Cheif exec's and managers to appoint. And that's before he has to deal with the rush of clubs each waving 15 million in their hands for Tommy Smith.

Give the guy some slack

As the clock ticks on, we are heading towards the business end of this whole shambles. HMRC have played a blinder to date and the use of a 6 month old law to fine them another 10 million, spells out their intentions.

They are fooked off with pompey and fooked off with football clubs.

I really dont know how HMRC will vote with regard to the CVA, they apparently agreed in principle last time and if they sign it will almost certainly go after the directors for the shortfall, but as you say, it appeas to weaken their hand if they do ahead of the court case.

Whatever happens they are in still in a whole world of trouble and I will bare my arse on the townhall steps, if they don't get more points deductions.

We'll hold you to that :wink:

Some people still don't get it. I was doing a football quiz the other day and someone said they thought it was unfair for the club to be punished with a points deduction after they had gone into administration. He said that they were being punished twice. I soon put him straight.

What ****es me off is Portsmouth are not in proper admin. The guy supposed to be getting money into the club does not seem to be doing it. They are running day to day with costs being paid by the former owner. You have to assume those costs will have to be repaid and probably in full......

IMO the CVA proposal shows some interesting facts re their running costs :-

http://www.uhy-uk.com/media/download/turnaround-and-recovery/PFC%20CVA%2028th%20May%20Final2.pdf

(see page 54)

Since Admin (Feb) the running costs until (May) show the Income as £13.1M of which £6M was a LOAN and outgoings of £9.4M (page 55) of which Wages were £5.1M and Paye/Ni (on those wages) at £3.2M.

So they made an operating profit of £3.6M (page 55) which is mainly because of the loan and to a lesser extent the FA Cup.

IMO that loan will be used up in a couple of months (end of July ?) because of wages, what happens after that date if the HMRC have stalled the CVA ? I dont think they can use the £8.9M (Aug 2010) from the PL (page 64) because that will be used for the Football Creditors (page 64 again).

Now if you look at the CashFlow statement for the year ending May 2012 (page 65) it shows "Administration Loan Repayment of £6.3M in Aug 2011, £1.4M in Nov 2011 and a further £1.4M in Mar 2012 (total £9.2M).

That is a very nice rate of interest.

I have only just seen the report on SSN about the rejected bid.

Its funny how they think its OK to offer 20p in the pound but they wont accept the same for one of there players.

How come it only seems like we are the only ones that think the whole situation there is rotton to the core? Everyone else still seems like they want to let them get away with anything they can.

Now that the Premier league is being sued by HMRC, are they still able to use the parachute payments to pay the football creditors in full, or could they be subject to a temporary injunction freezing payments to clubs in administration pending the result of the case.

Now that the Premier league is being sued by HMRC, are they still able to use the parachute payments to pay the football creditors in full, or could they be subject to a temporary injunction freezing payments to clubs in administration pending the result of the case.

Heh, heh, we have some deviously minded people on this board. As to Corp Who's question about why we follow this story, lots of reasons: as many twists as a crime thriller, the sheer amazing gall of some of the particpants, the amazing incompetence of others, the outstanding self-pity and self-delusion of pompey fans, the wish to see that cheats on this scale don't prosper. Oh, and now because it is the close season...

hehehe at the last page of posts, Can you hear the music from Jaws yet you delusioned Skates? (Not the brighter ones BTW)

Meanwhile I think I know why the Al Fahim deal fell apart, obviously Storrie DIDN'T take Al Fahim to The Seaview to close the deal.

May I suggest to anyone else wanting to close multi-million deals that you add that place to the top of your list...

(A couple of regulars will know what I just posted and the answer is Oh Yes :-) )

I know this will perhaps sound a bit stupid and sorry if it has been asked and answered before. Posters on here

can see that AA doesn't appear to be doing the best for creditors so how come his professional collegues have

not taken him to one side and had a quiet word ? Mark Fry never seemed to act like AA is doing.

Also if Chaneri is bankrolling them at the moment can he claim that back as a footballing debt and in so doing

reduce the HMRC percentage and is this also part of the reason HMRC are now trying to get the football

creditor rule declared void?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/8717102.stm

So, andriod didn't want any compensation (Bordering on illegal if he was entitled to some) based on what a top guy Avram was..........

Now when player gets a work permit to play football in this Country, he doesnt need to apply again if he changes team...... Is it the same with managers or is there something more to it? All major press releases are.....subject to work permit.

One question - if HMRC do not vote against the CVA, how will that be viewed by the court in the subsequent case to overturn the football creditors rule?

IMO they now have to vote against the CVA or delay the vote. Either way, this is not good news for the few down the road. Wonder how long it will take them to realise the implications. So far, 3 comments in on that piece in the news & they ain't got it yet!!

Very, very good question! :D

Come on you HMRC!

hmrc.jpg

:smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038

CHEATING BASTARDS

I know this will perhaps sound a bit stupid and sorry if it has been asked and answered before. Posters on here can see that AA doesn't appear to be doing the best for creditors so how come his professional collegues have

not taken him to one side and had a quiet word ? Mark Fry never seemed to act like AA is doing.

Also if Chaneri is bankrolling them at the moment can he claim that back as a footballing debt and in so doing

reduce the HMRC percentage and is this also part of the reason HMRC are now trying to get the football

creditor rule declared void?

It seems that quite a few different professional bodys, have failed to act, in a way, that most of us expected. From Judges, through to the PL/FA etc, which has led to all the conspirecy theorys!

So, andriod didn't want any compensation (Bordering on illegal if he was entitled to some) based on what a top guy Avram was..........

Now when player gets a work permit to play football in this Country, he doesnt need to apply again if he changes team...... Is it the same with managers or is there something more to it? All major press releases are.....subject to work permit.

I banged on about this a couple of times, on this thread. I never did see in the media, confirmation, that he had been given licence to coach at Poopey. Look back at all the media coverage when he took over, it was said then, that he had to apply to work in the UK.

'Tis an interesting debate though;)

I banged on about this a couple of times, on this thread. I never did see in the media, confirmation, that he had been given licence to coach at Poopey. Look back at all the media coverage when he took over, it was said then, that he had to apply to work in the UK.

'Tis an interesting debate though;)

I think it is just a technicality. How many players don't get a work permit - very few. And I have never heard of a manager not getting one.

Don't forget though that Grant left Pompey a couple of weeks ago so technically wasn't working when he joined West Ham - hence they would have needed a new work permit for him.

It seems that quite a few different professional bodys, have failed to act, in a way, that most of us expected. From Judges, through to the PL/FA etc, which has led to all the conspirecy theorys!

Or it could be that all the professional body's have worked in a proper and efficient way, But not with the outcome that you fiddlers had hoped for;)

well not yet anyway,

Or it could be that all the professional body's have worked in a proper and efficient way, But not with the outcome that you fiddlers had hoped for;)

well not yet anyway,

Hmmm, let me think.

As long as a business in administration with £138m debt, having been run by a successive cast of characters as shady and downright crooked as Blackbeard's crew and who have triumphantly stuck two fingers up to every other entity it touches, is allowed to continue trading as if nothing has happened, I know which path I'll veer down, thanks very much.

The soft lady Judge who should have wound Pompey up but was clearly hampered by Political interference from good old Gordon Brown and the Labour party......

In my opinion there was no justification to allow Pompey to continue towards Administration......

Unless there are other dark forces at work....

The Saints Web Forum fixed it in order to smash the fred record and to pass the time before PFC are finallly tipped into the Solent.

Edited by ottery st mary

well not yet anyway,

A normal company with those debts and complete disregard to legal governance would have been wound up months ago without a second thought and the directors would already been butt candy to some big, hairy arsed convict.

Professional bodies, registrars, judges etc not behaving in the way a group of completely unbiased mongs on an internet forum expected.

If you were outsiders which of those groups would you expect to be best able to appraise the situation and act appropriately?

This whole thread exists because you're bitter about Pompey being above you in the league and you can't take it. Add in the fact that we actullly achieved something in our time in the top flight and it just rubs salt in your wounds. It also galls you that the Pompey fans are consistently recognised by the media for their support when you might get the odd mention once a year for having decent gates in Lg 1.

There used to be lots of talk about Pompey buying their way into the PL and achhieving success through a sugar daddy. None of you girls seem to be opposed to that sort of success for yourselves (assuming Liebherr's support isn't starting to dry up as a few of you seem to think).

Our fans are universally recognised as better than yours, we reached two cup finals and won a trophy and you hate it. get over it and you'll feel better

This whole thread exists because you're bitter about Pompey being above you in the league and you can't take it...get over it and you'll feel better

But...you had the monopoly on bitterness from 1961-2005, and boy did you do bitter far better than us, maybe it's just our turn to have a little go. You'll get it back in a couple of years or so.

Professional bodies, registrars, judges etc not behaving in the way a group of completely unbiased mongs on an internet forum expected.

If you were outsiders which of those groups would you expect to be best able to appraise the situation and act appropriately?

This whole thread exists because you're bitter about Pompey being above you in the league and you can't take it. Add in the fact that we actullly achieved something in our time in the top flight and it just rubs salt in your wounds. It also galls you that the Pompey fans are consistently recognised by the media for their support when you might get the odd mention once a year for having decent gates in Lg 1.

There used to be lots of talk about Pompey buying their way into the PL and achhieving success through a sugar daddy. None of you girls seem to be opposed to that sort of success for yourselves (assuming Liebherr's support isn't starting to dry up as a few of you seem to think).

Our fans are universally recognised as better than yours, we reached two cup finals and won a trophy and you hate it. get over it and you'll feel better

You really are an arrogant prig Corp. That is why I want your poxy club to cease to exist, because of people like you. As for your quip about fans, try this!

www.the92.co.uk/#/fans_league

what is it, finished above us 7 years in the last 50? Enjoy the 7 years that you and I will see in our lifetime of you being the better team.

Another deluded comment!

Its about you cheating for the last 7 years! Mong!!!!

Some of what you say may be true, if it was Wigan we wouldnt care and would like most others would not be interested in looking in depth into why you were allowed to trade on, even though for the 2nd time your club has robbed the butcher baker candlestick maker and charities.Being our local rivals we look into it more and it is with rightful incredulation our distaste that it has been allowed to keep going.

Slowly the cesspit is being unblocked and little turds are are being flushed out. As the blockage is pushed through more is flushed out until the pipe is cleared.

Your point reguarding our new owner is fair, the difference being that ML is making sure the club is to stand on its own feet. MM (where IMO the problems started) just spent and spent and it seems much of the debt was hidden. I recall just before MM sold the papers were mentioning 100m+ debt, but that was quickly brushed under the carpet and was rubbished.

Lets take the last 50 years...

Saints higher for roughly 45 years. Pompey on top for 5 years.

Those five years of Pompey on top were unsustainable. The two cup finals used players funded by possible criminal means that may yet still force the club out of business. Does that not make it hollow?

7 years in the Premiership and all you have to show for it is a roof over the crappy away end. No training ground, an old decrepit stadium and huge debts which have ripped off the local community and charities. Am I jealous? Certainly not. :)

As for the fans. An average of 18k in a 21k stadium in the top flight of the English League is poor. Pompey had 16k in a 21k stadium for some games last season in the Premiership. Also struggled to sell tickets for the cup semi final and final.

Is that the sign of a large loyal fanbase? A bell, a drum and a few renditions of Play up Pompey - does not a fanbase make!

Edited by Matthew Le God

Lets take the last 50 years...

Those five years of Pompey on top were unsustainable. The two cup finals used players funded by possible criminal means that may yet still force the club out of business. Does that not make it hollow?

7 years in the Premiership and all you have to show for it is a roof over the crappy away end. No training ground, an old decrepit stadium and huge debts which have ripped off the local community and charities. Am I jealous? Certainly not. :)

As for the fans. An average of 18k in a 21k stadium in the top flight of the English League is poor. Pompey had 16k for some games last season in the Premiership. Also struggled to sell tickets for the cup semi final and final. Is that the sign of a large loyal fanbase?

plus 1

Lets take the last 50 years.

As for the fans. An average of 18k in a 21k stadium in the top flight of the English League is poor. Pompey had 16k for some games last season in the Premiership. Also struggled to sell tickets for the cup semi final and final. Is that the sign of a large loyal fanbase?

Ho will point to the trophy cabinet, and the fans who have fed off the feeding frenzy or debt and corruption have lifetime memries that the rst of football would love. One day it would be great if the honours were stripped form them, added to their fall from grace down and down

This whole thread exists because you're bitter about Pompey being above you in the league and you can't take it.

This whole thread exists because, in general, Saints fans have the ability to post interesting and thought provoking contributions to a debate that we happen to find entertaining. The debate is carried out on a website that is a thousand times better that anything that exists for Pompey fans. This thread is not really about the clubs or their fans. It is more about the fact that Southampton fans that post on this site, do not have chips on their shoulders about a neighbour, none of us really give a sh !t about, can tolerate alternative opinions from the likes of you, because none of us suffer from the insecurity your fans do, which is present, from not knowing the identity of your fathers. We allow you to post whatever you want, without the need to ban you "because you are a skate", due to the fact that it all contributes to the lively nature of this board and, when this thread finally comes to an end, it will be found to be the most balanced and accurate summary of what went on, at the cess pit you call a club.

Long may HMRC read it and learn...

This whole thread exists because, in general, Saints fans have the ability to post interesting and thought provoking contributions to a debate that we happen to find entertaining. The debate is carried out on a website that is a thousand times better that anything that exists for Pompey fans. This thread is not really about the clubs or their fans. It is more about the fact that Southampton fans that post on this site, do not have chips on their shoulders about a neighbour, none of us really give a sh !t about, can tolerate alternative opinions from the likes of you, because none of us suffer from the insecurity your fans do, which is present, from not knowing the identity of your fathers. We allow you to post whatever you want, without the need to ban you "because you are a skate", due to the fact that it all contributes to the lively nature of this board and, when this thread finally comes to an end, it will be found to be the most balanced and accurate summary of what went on, at the cess pit you call a club.

Long may HMRC read it and learn...

Well said that man

Oh sorry hope you don't mind an ex pat saying that :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8723264.stm

The interviewer failed to ask the two most important questions Lampitt should be asked.

1) Why has a CEO been appointed now, when a change of ownership may sling him out within weeks?

He also isn't running the club as it is still under administration so has relatively little power as AA can overrule him..

2) It seems odd that the FA's Head of Integrity has suddenly left his job to become CEO at the countries most troubled club.

Was this appointment in anyway forced upon the club so the FA can have an inside man? - Surely Lampitt wouldn't lie and may own up if asked that

At the FA he was in charge of the department responsible for enforcing transfer regulations as well as ensuring financial probity.

He was consulted by police and Inland Revenue officials investigating the club's previous management on suspicion of fraud and tax evasion and has a detailed knowledge of the alleged offences committed and the extent of the investigations.

Lampitt also oversaw the FA's investigation of three transfers involving Portsmouth highlighted by the Premier League's Quest inquiry, and the work of agent Willie McKay, who has been cleared of any wrongdoing by the police.

Yeah, sure we have an opinion. And your point is....?

That actually is one of the silliest things even you have written. Why would we be bitter? You are crashing & burning just as we start to improve. One more season & we go above you. I am immensely proud that we survived for decades in the top flight within our budget. You are just going to be an embarrassing footnote in the history of football.

Even Avram the toad has moved on - he's found the new bestest fans in the world at West Ham, quote, "This is a fantastic club with great fans and a history that is respected around the world."

I think you'll find there is still a lot of talk about Poopey buying success. Who thinks Leibherr's support is drying up. We understand there is a difference between buying short term success and building the right way and I think I know that we want to do it properly.

See the above - a few noisy loons cheering when you are 5-0 down and TCWTB do not make great fans. Also, we've reached two cup finals and won a trophy in recent years and two great days out they were.

The reason I keep coming back to this thread is that it really is the gift that keeps on giving - part soap, part conspiracy drama, always pure comedy gold - and it just never ceases to to keep me entertained. I will miss it dreadfully, whatever the outcome, when Handy Andy & Storrie-Teller and the rest disappear from our lives.

No bitterness, no hurt, no envy, just fun and entertainment.

GM has a valid point.

Go to any of the Portsmuff News site pages, comment on ANY of the threads.

If you have any link to Saints, or perhaps, dare i say it, disagree with the blue few on any point - what happens?

'Comment deemed unsuitable by another user'

Nothing like heads in the sand boys - shame. Trouble with that is, your arse is in the air..much as Mandaric and Storrieteller will find out in Parkhurst....

Some of what you say may be true, if it was Wigan we wouldnt care and would like most others would not be interested in looking in depth into why you were allowed to trade on, even though for the 2nd time your club has robbed the butcher baker candlestick maker and charities.Being our local rivals we look into it more and it is with rightful incredulation our distaste that it has been allowed to keep going.

Slowly the cesspit is being unblocked and little turds are are being flushed out. As the blockage is pushed through more is flushed out until the pipe is cleared.

Your point reguarding our new owner is fair, the difference being that ML is making sure the club is to stand on its own feet. MM (where IMO the problems started) just spent and spent and it seems much of the debt was hidden. I recall just before MM sold the papers were mentioning 100m+ debt, but that was quickly brushed under the carpet and was rubbished.

It's entertaining that Corp Lo uses the sugar daddy as an attempt to say "you're doing the same"

for someone who is supposed to have access to this site he is incredibly myopic.

He obviously failed to see the posts/threads.public questions askeing HOW we are funded by ML.

He obviously failed to see the threads about the increased costs of Season Tickets next year.

he obviously failed to see the raging argument about the lack of a payment plan for Season Tickets.

All of which you would expect to see from a club determined to be run minimising ANY excess costs and NOT pandering to the fans.

Hell we're almost rioting on the other pages.

Oh and Nickh - Champers next time I'm back matey :cool: one more day to go but it can be put in the fridge

Let's compare:

a "sugar daddy" who made his money the honest way, and fully funds the club with clean money and no debts,

versus

a "sugar son" who buys a morally-bankrupt club with his daddy's child-maiming blood money, who spends like a drunken sailor on players the club cannot afford and, despite huge annual Sky payments, a club that racks up debts (over 130 million) that they have no intention of paying back (including charities), thereby cheating their way to a cup final twice, and each year (until now, thankfully) robbing an honestly-run club a place in the PL.

r

Yeah your right http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2485595/Portsmouth-fans-ugliest-as-Liverpool-land-Premier-League-beauty-crown.html

Pompey fans are consistently recognised... look here you can count them in picture 1

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=691802

Oh how I wish we had a supporter like W******d..... or not!!

We're only keeping this going because it annoys you so. We keep on baiting the hook and you keep on biting. You keep on attempting to defend the indefensible and I don't blame you trying to stick up for your poxy little club, but you just keep on getting shot down in flames. The trouble is, the Skates are such an easy target when there is no moral high ground for them to stand on.

The end game approaches and with luck those responsible for illegally trading while insolvent will be jailed, the taxman will get the crazy football creditors rule overturned so that those who attempted to screw the club for their own personal gain will lose out and the local creditors and charities will get much more than their paltry 4% per annum over the next 5 years. With luck, that fake administrator will also be barred from practising by the insolvency and administration profession.

We might have much to thank the Skates for in the longer term, as they have brought so much disgrace to top flight football's image, that future rules imposed by the governing bodies will ensure that some of the top clubs will have their financial advantage curtailed and Southampton which is run without debt will reap a huge advantage and prosper.

So thanks, Corp Ho to the Skates. Not only are they the very best entertainment value, but they will indirectly help us achieve heights that your lot will never reach again.

It's almost a shame this comment has been dignified as the poor thing just doesn't get it.

Bless it. Bless it dearly, needs all the help it can get.

I would need a shower after posting something like that. Avram would know the feeling.

[quote=dubai_phil;748253

Oh and Nickh - Champers next time I'm back matey :cool: one more day to go but it can be put in the fridgeFantastic news. Your hard work and nous has come to fruition. Good one. You can buy the Crystal and I will do the 6x

L1 rarely gets a mention as it is not on the Press Hacks radar screen. Once the Poopy story gets out there you lot will be on the Sport pages for a very long time. Being shown as an example of how NOT to run a club.

Believe me, ML is not bankrolling us at the same level as the gun running, kiddy maiming owner you once had (if he has truly gone that is). Read the forum's thread about the Season Tickets. Complaints about the removal of the installment plan, quite relevant, while others complain about the price increase. As fans we are being asked to pay and help for the team to make the next step up in our rejuvenation. All you have to look forward to are the squalid revelations coming out of Nottarf along with the procession of lies every time AA opens his mouth.

Our fans are universally recognised as better than yours, we reached two cup finals and won a trophy and you hate it. get over it and you'll feel

better

Somewhere on here is a thread about how good your support is.

Apparently you finished in 78th while us 'girls' could only make 7th.

Even the family based board game you launched is not selling!

Pompopoly.jpg

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})