Have you changed your mind about this season?

doddisalegend

So you wake up at 7.00AM on the 7th August first day of new season. How did you rate our chances? champions, top two or play offs? I think it would be fair to say I was confident top two in the league, a nice run in the FA cup and winning the JPT second year in a row. No problem!

So now you wake up 7.00 AM tomorrow how are you rating our chances now? Right now I'm thinking play offs might be pushing it. I know there is still a long season ahead but right now we seem to be doing a good job of blowing the season.

Are the rest of you still feeling confident (assuming you were) or are like me having a re-think about what this season holds for saints.

I really thought we would retain the JPT but not so sure now....

A good manager would retain my enthusiasm for a promotion place....

But honestly looking like a puppet for Sir Less makes me think we could be in trouble....

hope not as NC will come to his senses and move Reedy over and get a real proper manager and we could be flying again...

I really thought we would retain the JPT but not so sure now....

A good manager would retain my enthusiasm for a promotion place....

But honestly looking like a puppet for Sir Less makes me think we could be in trouble....

hope not as NC will come to his senses and move Reedy over and get a real proper manager and we could be flying again...

:lol::lol::lol:

At the start of the season I was very confident prehaps over confident right now I just dont Know.

If we can sort the Manager quickly and I hope it is Adkins I think he can do well, we have the squad to get promoted how long it will take to get us playing and winning I don't know but it is very early days so it is far from over.

My worry is how much if any discontent there is in the squad and how quick we can put it right we also need at least two players in on loan so we need a Manager who can identify and get the right players in on loan.

The next 5 games are very important our record V Swindon is not good at the moment so I would be surprised if we can get a win there if we lose we really are playing catch up.

Come on Saints we can still do it but time is against us sort it out FFS !

Well put it this way I am today booking a holiday that will clash with the likely date of the play-off final.

This could be because I am still confident of a top 2 finish, or it could be because I don't think we'll even make the play-offs. I'm not sure I know myself!

K.

At the start of the season i thought top six would be a cert,with a bit of luck even top two.

Now i think we will be lower end of the table and more worrying im begining to lose any enthusiasm i still have for following Saints.

Why oh why cant Saints do things without a drama?

This is the thing isn't it. The situation that's going on with sacking of AP and the yes/no new appointment drains the enthusiasm away. I'm feeling similar to when Pearson was removed - sapped of the joy of following SFC. It'll come back though!!!! Adkins will do.

Had a feeling we might shoot ourselves in the foot again, we have a habit of doing this.

The pre season and lack of activity in the transfer market was a good indicator for me that things were not as I hoped.

Without knowing all the facts I am hoping that NC has got it right and has acted quickly enough to salvage this season, but whoever is the manager/coach is has got a big job to do now and will not really have much settling in time.

For this reason I am out....................on guessing how the rest of this season is going to go.

There is no pleasure in following Saints at the moment. I was at the Plymouth and Orient games and came away with no enthusiasm to watch another game until the team began playing better. I'm just glad I don't have a ST and don't feel obliged to go to every home game.

End of last season, I expected automatic promotion this year, probably as champions. By the first game I had downgraded that to top six because of the limited transfer activity and the poor pre-season. Now we have already dropped 9 points and could easily drop another 3 on Saturday. If the manager is appointed within a week, I still think top six, but not top 2. If no one is in post in 2 weeks time, which I just don't believe will happen, then I'd start to worry about making top six.

Just to state the obvious - top six is NOT promotion. The play-offs are a lottery and we could just as easily be in this division next year after this dreadful start to the season.

There is no pleasure in following Saints at the moment. I was at the Plymouth and Orient games and came away with no enthusiasm to watch another game until the team began playing better. I'm just glad I don't have a ST and don't feel obliged to go to every home game.

End of last season, I expected automatic promotion this year, probably as champions. By the first game I had downgraded that to top six because of the limited transfer activity and the poor pre-season. Now we have already dropped 9 points and could easily drop another 3 on Saturday. If the manager is appointed within a week, I still think top six, but not top 2. If no one is in post in 2 weeks time, which I just don't believe will happen, then I'd start to worry about making top six.

Just to state the obvious - top six is NOT promotion. The play-offs are a lottery and we could just as easily be in this division next year after this dreadful start to the season.

That must get tricky with saints becuase you never know when they're going to play a blinder (bristol away) or a shocker (swindon at home). I respect your opinion but for me matchday is a lot more than just the result. I tend to enjoy it most of the time regardless of the result although I do get upset when I feel the players aren't giving it their all like last saturdays match.

Each to there own but after the two games you mention whilst dissapointed with the result I came away thinking we weren't to far away and if we could play the whole game as we did thet two first half perforances we would be unstoppable.

IMO the season has not started for us yet with all the ups and downs of the past couple of weeks, points wise we are in a slightly better position than we were last season so if we can get things sorted on the manager front and get RL and Al 100% we still have a chance of one the automatic places.

As I predicted before the season started, it would appear that there will be no run-away winners of the auto places this season. We have many, many games to go and so everything is achievable (except the JPT and Carling cups!). The big question that will decide the fate of this season will be the appointment of the new Manager and the manner in which and the timing of how this person bonds with the 1st team. If that works well, then we'll be at the top of the league by Christmas IMO.

I thought play offs for sure - possibly automatic. Now I don't have a clue. It is certainly going to be harder but ther are still plenty of points to play for. It doesn't help that Lambert and Lallana are not fit and although I hope I am wrong, I am not certain that either Adkins or Howe are what we need. Sill, we shall see....

I originally thought top spot, anything else would be a disappointment. Wasn't fussed at all about the JPT as would ideally like to just focus on the league. Would of course have liked a cheeky FA cup run, and not too fussed about the league cup either.

As we are, we are still only 6 points off top with a game in hand so hardly a massive problem ! We can still run away with it there is so much time left, however we need to get it together as we are not looking the same team we were last year. We are out of the JPT so that will save us another 5-10 games over the season which I dont see as a problem at all to be honest.

I thought we'd almost certainly finish in the top two, failing that would WIN the Play-Offs.

I now think we'll possibly make the top 2 and could make the Play-Offs, or the season could end up in utter shambles if it carries on as it has or gets worse.