Season Ticket Prices Released

Saint_clark

What i am trying to get accross is yes they have paid their taxes, so have i, but i know people at my place of work over 60 who have not retired, are still earning the same wage as me (male and female) yet they get fuel allowance free bus passes etc,

But they have cumulatively paid more than you. They have paid their dues to society and this has to start to ease off sometime. These people are just getting a small rebate on their taxes.

For whats its worth my mother in law who has been supporting Saints since 1885 (ha ha),and has gone to every home game since the Dell days,has suddenly had a massive price rise this coming season.

She has been a solid supporter throughout all of the bad years and more,yet has now been told she has to find a lot more money to continue to watch the team she has supported for years.

Dont worry she has been made redundant,or the fact that at her age,she has no chance of getting another job.Im sure she will carry on.

Anyway im sure there are a lot more people who support Saints and are a lot worse off.

I just think in this day and age of cutbacks,maybe Saints couldve treated their older fan base a bit better?

Prices were always going to go up. The individual will determine if the price hike is affordable for them.

The VAT increase also added another 5%.

The OAP concession is the most puzzling. Funnily enough, this is the one that will effect me the most. My father is 65 this year but not now. He retired a couple of months ago. So, he now is retired and his season ticket will have gone up to adult prices. Strange that the club don't follow the national retirement age of 63, this would make sense. It was lowered to 60 several years ago due to women retiring at 60 and men 65, equal rights and all that. Now with the recession, the age was raised to 63, this should be the concession age, regardless of my fathers age.

Sure we'll both be there this season though, can't wait!

I didn't realize there were so many wrinkleys on here!

It just goes to prove how many of our ST holders are(or were) on concessionary rates.

Probably why the club's income has always seemed to be quite low compared to attendance figures.

The club have obviously noticed this and have corrected it to their liking.

It just goes to prove how many of our ST holders are(or were) on concessionary rates.

Probably why the club's income has always seemed to be quite low compared to attendance figures.

The club have obviously noticed this and have corrected it to their liking.

well if that is the case, then one answer would be to limit the more generous concessions to specific, less popular area of the stadium. it seems to me perfectly reasonable for the club to maximise its income from premium seats, while keeping and encouraging its loyal core support by offering cheaper deals in the less popular areas.

well if that is the case, then one answer would be to limit the more generous concessions to specific, less popular area of the stadium. it seems to me perfectly reasonable for the club to maximise its income from premium seats, while keeping and encouraging its loyal core support by offering cheaper deals in the less popular areas.

Is that not what they've done? Along with correcting the number of 60-64s paying a really low rate for their football and profiting from ST holder status all the same.Obviously there are cases that will cause genuine hardship but as has been said before there are a lot of

60 year olds with a lot of money at their disposal.

what the **** is wrong with this country?

If you can afford something and you want it then buy it. If you cant afford it then you dont buy it or buy it on credit. Lets face it the world we live in today is all about having today what you cant afford. its the main reason why the country is in such a mess and billions in debt!

why does every body moan so much. its not as if the club is a profit making machine and the owners are leaving with truckloads of gold at the end of each year. All the money is being spent (and some) on either infrastructure or players and someone has to pay. The alternative is we end up back in administration by overspending beyond our means.

As to the seniors we all know its 65+ in this world, you just got a great deal for a year.

if i wanted moaning and *****ing id talk to my wife not come on here for some footy talk.

Am trying to work out if £540 for new ticket is justifiable gave up st about 12 years ago when price rocketed from kid to adult

If I was to go to every game saving is between £81 - £127 so roughly saving 3-4.5 games or do I just pay for 10 individual games plus any cup or away games

Am trying to work out if £540 for new ticket is justifiable gave up st about 12 years ago when price rocketed from kid to adult

If I was to go to every game saving is between £81 - £127 so roughly saving 3-4.5 games or do I just pay for 10 individual games plus any cup or away games

Well you have to look at it closely unless you're sure that you'll be attending 90% or so of the home games .

It would seem that many people like to have their ST because they like sitting in the same seat with the same people all of the time, that's quite a recent development in Football I think.The thing that makes individual game tickets really unattractive is the

£3 booking fee or the £2 matchday supplement,if you can get round those by being able to go to the stadium or the store in advance then individual match tickets aren't such a bad idea if you're likely to miss 4 games and have no-one to take on your ST on those occasions.Last season as away tickets were sometimes a bit short in supply then being a ST holder gave you an advantage but this season I can only think of Brighton and Pompey as being cases where demand may exceede supply.

Last years controversy was the loss of installment plan and booking fees, this years is the senior concession rate !

It should not be beyond the wit of man to consider these issues in advance and give some time or leeway when implementing changes !

Regardless of anybody's circumstances, a 72% increase is unjustifiable (IMHO) and does not foster goodwill towards the club and it's custodians !

Along with others in the 61-64 bracket I will inform the club of my dissatisfaction and would hope (probably naively!) that at least they give a courteous reply !

If you can afford something and you want it then buy it. If you cant afford it then you dont buy it or buy it on credit. Lets face it the world we live in today is all about having today what you cant afford. its the main reason why the country is in such a mess and billions in debt!

why does every body moan so much. its not as if the club is a profit making machine and the owners are leaving with truckloads of gold at the end of each year. All the money is being spent (and some) on either infrastructure or players and someone has to pay. The alternative is we end up back in administration by overspending beyond our means.

As to the seniors we all know its 65+ in this world, you just got a great deal for a year.

if i wanted moaning and *****ing id talk to my wife not come on here for some footy talk.

try a different thread then.

Perhaps we could have an anonymous poll/sondage with types of ST bought,not individual stands or anything just the main categories, Senior,was Senior now adult, Family,Adult,Student etc.

Then we could get a sample of exactly what percentage of age groups make up the spectrum of Saints core support.

Irony?

What he said

So reading this thread I've come to the conclusion ST holders aren't in fact loyal supporters but penny pinching free loaders. Those between 60-64 being the worst culprits, most in fact being loaded, trying to get subsidised by hard working young people. If you want saints to be succsessful you should pay through the nose and be happy to do so. Just becuase you've supported the club for years means nothing you're a customer the club owes you nothing just the same way Tescos owes you nothing for shopping there for thirty years.

You must never complain about anything saints related ever.

Is that about the size of it?

So reading this thread I've come to the conclusion ST holders aren't in fact loyal supporters but penny pinching free loaders. Those between 60-64 being the worst culprits, most in fact being loaded, trying to get subsidised by hard working young people. If you want saints to be succsessful you should pay through the nose and be happy to do so. Just becuase you've supported the club for years means nothing you're a customer the club owes you nothing just the same way Tescos owes you nothing for shopping there for thirty years.

You must never complain about anything saints related ever.

Is that about the size of it?

That's a bit harsh mate

Bottom line is, if you don't like the prices don't go. I won't be getting a season ticket not for the prices but just because I have other committments in my life. Looking at the match day prices for an adult, unless you are getting your ticket from the ticket office you will be paying thirty to thirty five quid for championship football. If we don't start the season well I think attendances may really struggle at these prices.

I personally do not think there is value in purchasing tickets at this price and im sure others will feel the same.

or got a shirt sponsor and not paid Cortese £750,000 a year.

I know I like a good moan, especially when it comes to parting with my hard earned, but I honestly thought season tickets would be £399 for the wings. Very disappointed and wonder where it will end price wise. If returning to the Prem means £750 season tickets...

again. price of success

FFS... look at the prices.... LESS than 6 years ago.... when we sold out and had 25000 ST holders. Are we saying that, Saints fans are only prepared to pay more when watching over paid prem prima donnas... from other clubs? what kind of supporters are we if we are not prepared to see the club invest - and remenber we are paying LESS now, yet you misersable ***** whinge about this because? the opoosition is not so strong? We are not in the Prem? Wee dont get to see t**** like Rooney?

There were plenty of folk ywho could not afford to get an ST even if it was £300, that is sadly life. Same as because of where I choose to live a single game will cost me close to £300 - so luck if I can get down to more than one - that is life... same as those not currently over 60 will not get pensions until they are 70... all about making your choices on what luxuries you want to spend your hard earned/saved on.... yet too many on here seem to think we can have success for gratis, or expect the Liebherr estate to pay for everything... perdsonally, I am glad that teh club is not owned by an owner who is just buying success - but its something we all contribute to.

All those going on about major percentage increases should compare what they were paying 5 or 6 years ago and look at the difference - and its cheaper. NOT against teh stupid cheap price of the last couple of years ... No one seemed to whinge 5 o 6 because we got to see all those ponces from OTHER prem club clubs, despite Saints being ****e and getting relegated.... see what I am getting at! Now saints are on the up, but because we might only get the odd game against West Ham or Leeds or Pompey... blah blah, whinge whinge.... and

I note a lot of complaints from those who are in the 60-65 age bracket who are "losing out" by the age hike. Whilst I can understand the shock of finding your disposable income is reduced or lost by this decision I expect the club to say that the loyal season ticket fan base demography tends towards more within the over 60 age bracket as seasons pass. Just like all walks of life including pensions the time limit is increasing.

If I remember correctly, for men the concession rate years ago was over 65. It only reduced to 60 to give equal rights with females. That is gradually being redressed upwards.

I do have sympathy with existing season ticket holders already enjoying the 60-64 concession and would support a club decision to continue this for them. I myself am 59 this coming season so it will not affect me either way.

£100+ increase for me in block 30. Seems a bit excessive, but I'll pay-up...what choice is there - if you want to support your team and you want continued success, then that's what you've got to do? I think ST holders that retained their seat all the way through the dark years should have been given a little bit of slack as a sign of goodwill (e.g, let's say ST holders 2008-2011 would get a 10% discount).

My biggest concern for me is whether the club will actually manage to strengthen the team in the right places. Typically at Saints this never happens prior to ST sales finalising so we never really know what kind of team/performance we're paying for! So far, I've not seen clear evidence that Adkins knows a good target - a concern. If we manage to sign Cork, well that would be a good sign for example.

I do think the club could have been a little more sensitive to the 60-65 band of supporters. Again some form of discount for longer standing ST holders would have been welcomed.

Whilst appreciating the shock of a 70% odd price rise, there is a part of me that thinks the 60-64yo had a bloody good deal for a few seasons. The official retirement age is still 65 is it not? And rising?

A 70% increase is harsh, I would tell the club to go f*ck themselves if I was hit with that.

Sure, the retirment age is 65 blah blah blah, but fact is an empty seat makes the club no money and every 60-64 year old who is p!ssed off will probably leave them empty and not come back.

and every 60-64 year old who is p!ssed off will probably leave them empty and not come back.

doubt it,at that stage of life you're probably too hooked on football to abandon a team you've supported for 40+ years.Most 60-64 year olds could and will find the extra money,doesn't stop them being hacked off though,still they've probably seen prices at this level before and lived with it.

Anyone got any sort of idea of the number of 60/64s amongst the 13000 or so ST holders?

I bet it's a big packet, if it was an insignificant number I really don't think the club would have done this or made it a new buyers only thing.

there is also a lack of armed forces concessions...ffs

In France unemployed persons and those from big families always get big discounts as well.

Families of say 8 only pay about half of the full whack for everything,most clubs offer a

sort of third child free scheme and usually "chomeurs or demandeurs d'emploi" as you have to say to be politically correct nowadays are half price as well. Doesn't matter if you're actually looking for a job, you could be a stay at home dad but as long as you're registered

at the Pôle Emploi you're entitled to discounts on everything.

doubt it,at that stage of life you're probably too hooked on football to abandon a team you've supported for 40+ years.Most 60-64 year olds could and will find the extra money,doesn't stop them being hacked off though,still they've probably seen prices at this level before and lived with it.

Anyone got any sort of idea of the number of 60/64s amongst the 13000 or so ST holders?

I bet it's a big packet, if it was an insignificant number I really don't think the club would have done this or made it a new buyers only thing.

You might be right. I plan on being really miserable when I am 64 though so would tell them to go poke it.

The elderly do tend to be richer nowadays, they are not like the previous generation who had to fight germans and stuff, they all have fat pensions, financed by us and houses worth 300K they paid 20 grand for.

Having slept on it my view is:

If you're 60-64 and you can't afford it, go without for a couole of years FFS and be grateful you got such a good deal in the past.

The caring, sharing face of supporters of Southampton FC.

Not sure it was worth sleeping if thats the best you can come up with ;-)

A 70% increase is harsh, I would tell the club to go f*ck themselves if I was hit with that.

Sure, the retirment age is 65 blah blah blah, but fact is an empty seat makes the club no money and every 60-64 year old who is p!ssed off will probably leave them empty and not come back.

Describes me perfectly - I intend to spend the £400 I had put aside on other forms of entertainment such as cinema, concerts etc.

I have no intention of being held to ransom - a 72% year-on-year increase in these supposedly austere times is just taking the p1ss.

I could afford it - but I won't pay.

Sorry if this has been covered already, would they ever check who is using the ticket? For example, my gf has a NUS card so would be a concession, but she can only attend 50% or so games, my brother would come in her place would I be able to get a concession ticket for her and have him use it when she is not there?

SAVE UP TO £220 ON WATCHING SAINTS IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP WHEN YOU RENEW YOUR SEASON TICKET.

That's how the season ticket information is headed (in bold) when announcing the new prices.....

So WHO precisely is able to RENEW their season ticket and make this sort of saving?

They go on to say that's the price difference against paying per match, so it is NOT exactly 'season ticket renewal', is it? Or have I missed something?

My husband's seat has gone up by £187 (96.99%). And he's still got three years til he gets his pension.

SAVE UP TO £220 ON WATCHING SAINTS IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP WHEN YOU RENEW YOUR SEASON TICKET.

That's how the season ticket information is headed (in bold) when announcing the new prices.....

So WHO precisely is able to RENEW their season ticket and make this sort of saving?

They go on to say that's the price difference against paying per match, so it is NOT exactly 'season ticket renewal', is it? Or have I missed something?

My husband's seat has gone up by £187 (96.99%). And he's still got three years til he gets his pension.

You're quite right - that is the maximum possible "saving" (sic) for a new season ticket - not a renewal.

Actually £221.

Edited by Trader
Accuracy

Prices were always going to go up. The individual will determine if the price hike is affordable for them.

The VAT increase also added another 5%.

The OAP concession is the most puzzling. Funnily enough, this is the one that will effect me the most. My father is 65 this year but not now. He retired a couple of months ago. So, he now is retired and his season ticket will have gone up to adult prices. Strange that the club don't follow the national retirement age of 63, this would make sense. It was lowered to 60 several years ago due to women retiring at 60 and men 65, equal rights and all that. Now with the recession, the age was raised to 63, this should be the concession age, regardless of my fathers age.

Sure we'll both be there this season though, can't wait!

Actually, it's an increase of less than 2.13%. I'd have been happy with that.

60+ year olds last season could if they wanted get a season ticket which worked out to be £8.39 per game in League One.

In 2011/12 they can get a season ticket for £11 per game for Championship football.

How exactly can I do that then?

How exactly can I do that then?

A renewal in the family section costs £255. 255 divided by 23 games equals £11.08 per match.

If not the family section then a renewal in the wings cost £375, divided by 23 games equals £16.30 per match.

Bargain for Championship level football!

Edited by Matthew Le God

I still can't believe how much these 60-64 year olds were paying last year! less than 7.50 a game!!!

That has got to be the bargain of a lifetime!!

And those in this age bracket are better off than most. Still working but mortgage payed off.

A renewal in the family section costs £255. 255 divided by 23 games equals £11.08 per match.

If not the family section then a renewal in the wings cost £375, divided by 23 games equals £16.30 per match.

But I'm 60+ and no longer qualify for a concession.

That's why we're all complaining ffs.

Got it?

d'oh