• Ramirez
    • Cork
    • Puncheon
    • Lambert
    • Rodriguez
    • Fox
    • Davis, S
    • De Ridder

That was one of the best yet worst games I've witnessed. We dominated the first half and couldn't make it count, hung on for dear life in the second, got a penalty we shouldn't have, Boruc kept us in it (which is great, but never a good sign!) and still came away with what may be the most important 3-points of the season.

Great win but not really deserved, we didn't show up for the second half.

Boruc very good, Rodriguez great energy and running, Lambert good when he got his foot on it. Too weak in other areas, Hooiveld poor, Yoshida not great, Clyne not very good, cork and Schneiderlin often overrun. Puncheon flatters to deceive too, really good feet but little end product.

In and out the game for me but a great shot on to the post!!

Still worries me that we dont score enough from open play.

I didnt listenor watch the game today as Im away, can someone give me a bit of a low down

villa started very brightly..then from about 15mins to HT...we were in control

Rodriguez dived (and it was obvious) for our penalty...lambert gave the keeper no chance

lambert played in the hole and was sublime..ramirez was a complete passenger

2nd half...eer, villa won that...boruc showed us all the keeper some of us think he is...some excellent goal keeping..and got battered at times...he was every bit as important as lambert..

oh, puncheon hit the post

Definitely our greatest win under Adkins, a pivotal result. J Rod was outstanding, as was Boruc and Lambert. Shaw's injury is rather worrying but hope Fox can pull a few decent performances together. Loved Fox's reaction during the mini-melee after Shaw went down. Gabby Agbonglahor is an idiot.

Massive win, Boruc was MOTM with Lambert not far behind. Shaw going off like that is a big concern, have to hope that it isn't serious and he can be OK for Everton a week Monday.

Not relishing Hooiveld & Fox playing Wednesday or in any games following that, going to get our **** pushed in with those two at the back. Desperately need another CB ASAP, preferably one that can kick a ball properly.

Thank god the players had more balls than everyone on here for the last few minutes. Massive result, didn't play well but got the job done. Glad boruc has come good, could be the difference of about 5 points come the end of the season. Hope the injuries increase our urgency for players in.

Delighted for you. Had to ride your luck at times but you always looked the far more dangerous side.

I worried for you towards then end when you were playing a makeshift back four due to injuries but they all did something very good at one point or another. As many times as your keepers have dropped you points this year Boruc won you the three today. I thought Lambert, once again, showed that he is top drawer and everything he did came off. Notable performances from Rodriguez, Clyne and Puncheon.

If you can get everyone fit theres no chance you're going down. If you make one or two good additions, eg Astori and an extra wide man, then you might even make a late push and be solid lower-mid table.

Great win. Winning when playing **** is always good!

Boruc was good today; Shaw great in the first half. Lambert a legend; J-Rod never stopped working; Ramirez cannot play wide left!

That said:

We desparately need a commanding, leading centre back. Top priority.

We have to find other options out wide. Puncheon flatters to decieve. If we play 2 up we need someone on the left that isn't Ramirez. De Ridder is ****: such poor decision-making.

I REALLY don't like that we have the habit of sitting back and trying to hold out. It's cost us too much this season.

Somehow we seemed to be in second gear for most of the game too - really didn't get going apart from 15 minutes in the first half.

Very lucky today.

Unbelievable end to that game, feel like I was out there playing myself!

Sounds like Villa seriously ****ed up several chances to get something out of that.

Boruc might well have kept us up with that performance today.

HUUUUUUGE result, reckon we'll look back on this as the result that kept us up and Villa will look back on it as the one that sent them down.

Delighted for you. Had to ride your luck at times but you always looked the far more dangerous side.

I worried for you towards then end when you were playing a makeshift back four due to injuries but they all did something very good at one point or another. As many times as your keepers have dropped you points this year Boruc won you the three today. I thought Lambert, once again, showed that he is top drawer and everything he did came off. Notable performances from Rodriguez, Clyne and Puncheon.

If you can get everyone fit theres no chance you're going down. If you make one or two good additions, eg Astori and an extra wide man, then you might even make a late push and be solid lower-mid table.

Agree with that. Have to be careful though as we have some tough games coming up.

Phew.

Started watching on 65 mins and the players that stood out were Lambert, Rodriguez, Puncheon and Boruc.

Lambert and Boruc the stand outs. Maybe the Boruc haters will calm down a bit now, he's a solid keeper.

Villa look relegation bound from what I saw. Infact they looked a bit like us in 04-05, devoid of confidence and ready for the drop.

villa started very brightly..then from about 15mins to HT...we were in control

Rodriguez dived (and it was obvious) for our penalty...lambert gave the keeper no chance

lambert played in the hole and was sublime..ramirez was a complete passenger

2nd half...eer, villa won that...boruc showed us all the keeper some of us think he is...some excellent goal keeping..and got battered at times...he was every bit as important as lambert..

oh, puncheon hit the post

Cheers babes

Closing in on the hammers now only 4 points to go! they were miles ahead a few weeks back!

Before you get carried away, take a look at our next 3 fixtures.

Well chuffed with today though, given the run we have coming at us I cant see us getting much joy in the next five games, except perhaps Wigan.

Before you get carried away, take a look at our next 3 fixtures.

Well chuffed with today though, given the run we have coming at us I cant see us getting much joy in the next five games, except perhaps Wigan.

play well and we can beat Everton at home, also think we will need to at least get a point at Wigan. Anything else from Chelsea, City or Utd is a complete bonus.

Massive win. Turned off on 80mins.... Too nervous. Thought we did very well up till then, they were obviously going to improve 2nd half. Hope injuries not too bad and we strengthen soon. A clean sheet away! Boruc much better today. 15th I got a nose bleed! Hopefully we don't drop a place on weds!