Rickie Lambert - England Qualifiers

Saint-Armstrong

"Thats all he is an option , I still cant see him starting Tuesday" Lawro on football focus ! I ****ing hate that man

"All I'm trying to do is give [England] a different option."

"Whether he's gonna start me or whether he's gonna put me on the bench, I'm ready. Whatever's the best for England"

Oooh, I'm seething about those comments from Lambert after the game.

The Times had Ricky as undisputed "Man of the Match" so did I. A goal, two world class assists and a sunny positive disposition that makes you proud of any team he is in. Two games for Hodgson, two great goals and MotM second time out on his first full start.

Meanwhile The Pocket Rocket can't get the best out of the star strikers he's already got so buys a washed up Italian for £15m who doesn't even want to be here...

You couldn't make it up.

The Times had Ricky as undisputed "Man of the Match" so did I. A goal, two world class assists and a sunny positive disposition that makes you proud of any team he is in. Two games for Hodgson, two great goals and MotM second time out on his first full start.

Meanwhile The Pocket Rocket can't get the best out of the star strikers he's already got so buys a washed up Italian for £15m who doesn't even want to be here...

You couldn't make it up.

I think you just did. Oddball.

"Whether he's gonna start me or whether he's gonna put me on the bench, I'm ready. Whatever's the best for England"

livid

Lolz :-

[h=4]40.[/h] Give us a song

1 Hour ago When Rickie was top scorer in League1, people said he wouldnt cope in the Championship

When he was top scorer in the Championship people said he couldnt cope in the Premiership

When he was English top scorer in the Premiership people said he couldn't cope at International Level.

I imagine if he scored for our Universe, people would say he wouldn't cope against another dimension

Agree he shouldn't have said that, although didn't see the interview, but perhaps that just goes to show he is not up his own ar$e and is probably not used to doing interviews, always looks so nervous when on camera.

Lawro on the other hand is a seasoned pro, not that he is a good seasoned pro, always talking carp, so no different today.

In Rickies case I think it just shows his modesty in his achievements in getting where he is at the moment, and not acting the big one.

Clearly he's been affected by Lawro's comments and has lost confidence

Lambert's performance supported the case/need for more pace in the team.

Welbeck's pace allowed him to drop into deeper spaces and play the balls he did. Too many times when Lambert drops deep for us, the box is either empty or he's having to wait and take an extra touch for support to arrive. Yesterday's third goal would never happen with us.

Lambert's performance supported the case/need for more pace in the team.

Welbeck's pace allowed him to drop into deeper spaces and play the balls he did. Too many times when Lambert drops deep for us, the box is either empty or he's having to wait and take an extra touch for support to arrive. Yesterday's third goal would never happen with us.

Rodriguez is very quick; we just don't ever really seem to play to it. He's also a different type of player to Walcott and Welbeck; the types of player we simply don't have. And I agree with your summation about the third goal.

Rodriguez is very quick; we just don't ever really seem to play to it. He's also a different type of player to Walcott and Welbeck; the types of player we simply don't have. And I agree with your summation about the third goal.

Towards the back end of last season when we did it worked well. Jay and Rickie's link up for the first goal at Reading immediately springs to mind.

Rickie showed how to lead the line for England in a classy performance that gave the side everything that Rooney doesn't. Rickie is a team player who holds the ball up, brings others into play and generally keeps things ticking over with a great deal of subtle passes. Rooney plays as an individual who chases everywhere for the ball and disrupts the shape of the team. Nobody has a clue where Rooney is going to be whereas Rickie holds his position and provides the pivot at all times. His two assists were absolutely sublime and if Rooney had provided them the press would have been fawning all over him. Simply Rickie is a better player than Rooney at international level but few will admit this including Roy Hodgson unfortunately.

I am v.pumped bout Rickie 4 England! i have recorded the full facts of the Rickie Lambert story for the benefit of future generations yo!

http://bearsyinvest igates.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-rickie-lambert-story.html

talk about your visions being destroyed in an instant. Here was I worshipping all the repartee and humour that this man posts, to then find out his name is Brian. At the very least it should have been Tarquin, or Harrison, but Brian!!