Rickie Lambert - England Qualifiers

Saint-Armstrong

Rickie's done his job well so far - he's wasted a couple but most of the time he's brought others into play and linked play well. All the focus on him being able to cope etc, etc, whilst fair questions, are clearly misdirected... with Walcott and Milner waster possession far too much, Wilshere and Gerrard too inconsistent for players of their supposed class.

Ukraine don't look particularly threatening except perhaps on the break down our right - Walker doesn't look all that to me, but we aren't in any real danger. If we get a bit more clinical with our passing and keep playing off Lamberts good forward play, we should win this.

Not Rickie's best 45 mins a few misplaced passes, not challenging for headers a couple of times and looking ponderous on occassion.

Having said that considering only him & Gerrard of our front players are the only ones actually in the game.

Walker looking unsure, Cole shaky at the start but come into it and looking better and the CB's looking good.

What to do about Walcott Milner Lampard & Wilshire though? Surely they trained on that pitch so knew the grass was long, they just don't seem to have any rythm or tempo to their passing & movement.

Still IF you want a draw then so far so good

Held the ball up well first half, but not had the best support from Walcott and Milner.

England are lucky Ukraine aren't playing like the world-beaters people were hyping them up to be, some of the performances have not been good. Cole, Cahill and Lampard have been our best players.

Walcott, Wilshere, Milner and Walker have been poor.

Lambert looked more than a little fatigued for the last 15, I hope Roy won't sub him straight off the bat :s

Thought the same, probably isn't use to his team giving the ball away this much. Wilshere and Lampard have been non existent so far, and Milner and Walcott have been incredibly poor,

Thought Rickie had a good first 20 and last 5. Didn't think he was great in the middle.

Walker has been found wanting a bit as well, their no10 looks cracking.

Lets hope we can be a bit more composed in the second half, stop forcing it and have some patience. Got the midfield to be dominating this, and we're not at all at the moment.

I disagree. When Rooney is not available Lambert is the perfect replacement. He's not in the same class as Wayne but he disrupts the system less when he steps in for Rooney.

I also think suggesting things will turn sour is unfair. Tonight's game could be a very tight one, a game that you often see Rooney becomming frustrated in and having a poor game.

Sorry, but did you actually read what I said ? Seeing as I said he was a good option when Rooney, Welbeck and Sturridge isnt available ?

And that tonight there is an oppurtunity for it to turn sour for him considering its happened to better players ?

FFS this forum. always with the Billy Sharp...............

SRL has actually looked a lot like Rooney in this game

Isolated & frustrated

I just think he is looking a little tired. Yes, he is isolated, but everything stuck to him in the first half. It isn't now.