Rickie Lambert - England Qualifiers

Saint-Armstrong

You've got to get in first, SRL has arguably only got in via injuries to Carroll/Defoe/Sturridge/Rooney etc, there's no guarantee that if you do it week in week out for one of the lesser lights you will ever get near.

It hasn't always been like that, ironically the best we've done since winning the damn thing was 1990 and there our first XI contained players from Derby, QPR, Notts Forest, Glasgow Rangers and Marsille. Only 5 of our 22 man squad came from players that played for clubs that finished in th top 4.

It hasn't always been like that, ironically the best we've done since winning the damn thing was 1990 and there our first XI contained players from Derby, QPR, Notts Forest, Glasgow Rangers and Marsille. Only 5 of our 22 man squad came from players that played for clubs that finished in th top 4.

In an era where the top 4 had many more English players as well, I have no problem with them selecting from the top four clubs but the players selected should be better than those in clubs below.

Steve Bull from the Second Division as well. That will never happen again, I reckon.

Well played Ricky and watching his set up play for Welbeck shows me that he could play in the hole for us and be very successful with Ossie.

Welbeck is a funny player for me, scores next to no goals during the season yet when he does he looks an excellant finisher. He really should be getting a lot more goals because he has the talent.

Welbeck and Ricky looks like it could be a very fruitful England partnership if they both stay injury free.

More importantly Ossie and Ricky should be an even better partnership for us.

Well played Ricky and watching his set up play for Welbeck shows me that he could play in the hole for us and be very successful with Ossie.

Welbeck is a funny player for me, scores next to no goals during the season yet when he does he looks an excellant finisher. He really should be getting a lot more goals because he has the talent.

Welbeck and Ricky looks like it could be a very fruitful England partnership if they both stay injury free.

More importantly Ossie and Ricky should be an even better partnership for us.

From OptaJoe 7 - Danny Welbeck has scored with seven of his eight shots on target for England. Sharp.

Fair does to him

Great performance. My kids think that Rickie scores every game now...delighted i took them to their first wembley international and it was to see Rickie beat Moldova 4-0...now he's playing Ukraine next week.... He is the new Teddy Sheringham for Engjand imo...ideal to score and make goals for the rest of the team... Just hope Roy sees it that way. He just feels " right" to make our team potent every attack...

Interesting that the comments for each player in those links are identical, yet the ratings are different. One has given Wellbeck 9 and Lambert 8, with the other one doing the opposite.

Great performance. My kids think that Rickie scores every game now...delighted i took them to their first wembley international and it was to see Rickie beat Moldova 4-0...now he's playing Ukraine next week.... He is the new Teddy Sheringham for Engjand imo...ideal to score and make goals for the rest of the team... Just hope Roy sees it that way. He just feels " right" to make our team potent every attack...

If I could post a picture of an elephant, where's Rooney going to play?

They don't have much choice!

Granted. But he is now one step closer to making himself a first choice rather than an understudy. Bang one in against the Ukraine and his scoring prowess allied to his all-round play is beginning to make a decent case that even if the first choice strikers were available, he would still have a part to play coming off the bench. His goal was a pure oportunist poacher's goal, but his two assists were very good indeed.

Watching the game tonight I also thought that Rickie took his chance and the 1st shot well

and did well all game till he got taken off and that it could either be him on his own or maybe

with Defoe at Ukraine with Welbeck banned and Rooney-(?!) injured as I for one don't want

Carroll there tbh but will see what RH goes for....!!!

Would have liked to see Rickie capped it off with being named MOTM but I think he pushed

Gerrard for it as he also did great alongside Lampard & Wilshere too!!!

Bring On Ukraine Next!!!

Well played Mr Lambert...clearly Man of the Match....Super star..

Yet we have funny peeps not picking him for Saints....wierd peeps.

Gerrard no where near star player.

That idiot Andy Townshend ....not a clue...

Ironically, Townsend was showering him with praise all game, so I was surprised he went for Stevie G for MoTM. Maybe because StevieG was still on the pitch at the end? Maybe because he was just picking the captain. Maybe he was told to pick Stevie. I think anyone could see Rickie for the best player. 1 goals, 2 assists! Certain starter on Tue, and I would suggest should NOT be booking a family holiday next June. Rickie's going to Brazil!!!