Transfer deadline day thread (Summer 2013)

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Seems the move I was told about won't happen.

SimonPeach: Sorry to the bearer of bad news but #SaintsFC are done for the day. Nobody else in or out.

SimonPeach: Sharp, Martin, Lee, Barnard & Forte will all be remaining at #SaintsFC for the time being.

jordansibley: Well this is a first, should be home in time to watch the fanfare as Jim White arrives in the @SkySportsNews studio!

SimonPeach: Sorry to the bearer of bad news but #SaintsFC are done for the day. Nobody else in or out.

SimonPeach: Sharp, Martin, Lee, Barnard & Forte will all be remaining at #SaintsFC for the time being.

jordansibley: Well this is a first, should be home in time to watch the fanfare as Jim White arrives in the @SkySportsNews studio!

Did you get any name?

Who was the player you were told about?

Ok, cheers Dan.

Well to summarize the transfer window then.

F*cking awesome, added true true quality to the team and got rid of some of the deadwood. Impossible to get rid of them all with the contracts and wages they have but focusing on the players coming in it is our best window ever.

Now let the team gel and we can look forward to a interesting season...

Ok, cheers Dan.

F*cking awesome, added true true quality to the team and got rid of some of the deadwood. Impossible to get rid of them all with the contracts and wages they have but focusing on the players coming in it is our best window ever.

Amen

Saints transfer activities have nothing to do with the media team. I would be very suprised if we signed anyone but it has happened before where a deal has been concluded and then announced the next day. I would think that Lee will be mutually terminated in the next week as will 'Darnhard'. Sharp will be difficult to offload. Actually don't think we need anyone we have enough talented wide players in the youth ranks I would rather give a chance.

Can't believe we've let a striker go without bringing anyone else in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

TBF Mayuka was going to make the grand impact of zilch this year, so no loss there what so ever.

Only one we should have possibly looked to replace, and I believe we did, was Puncheon. But alas there was nothing that could be done, and at the end of the day...there's no point panicking.

Saints transfer activities have nothing to do with the media team. I would be very suprised if we signed anyone but it has happened before where a deal has been concluded and then announced the next day. I would think that Lee will be mutually terminated in the next week as will 'Darnhard'. Sharp will be difficult to offload. Actually don't think we need anyone we have enough talented wide players in the youth ranks I would rather give a chance.

I would imagine the administrative staff would be a little bit important though. I doubt the security staff have been trained on the fax machine. ;)

Ok, cheers Dan.

Propaganda of Goebbels-like proportions.

We've spent a lot of money, have an unbalanced squad, have failed to address a significant hole (in fact, its been widened by loaning out Puncheon) and major questions remain of our multi-million pound transfer from last season, let alone those from this season....

We have just spent many millions of £ on 3 world class additions.....bloody marvellous.

We have retained some fantastic talent.

This window should be classed as a revelation considering what we have been like in recent times financially.

I personally would have liked something more creative from midfield or a pacy wide player.

IF Ramirez sorts himself out and fulfills part of his expensive price tag he could become the midfield inspiration I would like to have in the side.

Out wide...well,I believe we should've kept puncheon...or atleast had a replacement lined up.

Being greedy....I would've loved to have snapped up Osvaldo late on transfer deadline day.....just to keep my interest going until 11pm.

And to make some big headlines.

We've spent a lot of money, have an unbalanced squad, have failed to address a significant hole (in fact, its been widened by loaning out Puncheon) and major questions remain of our multi-million pound transfer from last season, let alone those from this season....

Yes, just like the Nazis. Well done you pleb.

srsly Alpine? Ur such a buzzkill! I feel like this has been best window since XP and ur making out like it's Vista :(

Yes, just like the Nazis. Well done you pleb.

A little unfair if truth be told. Opinions are opinions and don't warrant name calling. My opinion of our window and existing players differs greatly from Alpine's, but that's football and life. I think that DO, VW, and DL are as good a signings as we could have made and we really can't ask for or expect anymore. As for GR, I'm certain he will come good and be the player we signed.

Saints upgraded him with a £15m Italian international striker.

Hang in there buddy, we're all thinking of you at this difficult time. Deep breaths.

Absolutely superb window. Kept our best players and added in 3 top players. Squad is stronger. Now it's Pochettino's time to shine to get the best out of this hugely talented squad.

GK: Boruc, Davis, Gazza

RB: Clyne, Chambers

LB: Shaw, Fox

CB: Lovren, Yoshi, Fonte, Jos

DM: Wanyama, Morgan, Cork, (JWP, Davis)

AM: J-Rod, Lallana, JWP, Davis, Gaston, Isgrove, Guly,

ST: Lambert, Osvaldo, (J-Rod)

That's enough good options and a highly talented and young squad. Good balance of British/Foreign/Young/Experience, just need to find the right "team" rather than just trying to shoehorn the best players into the starting 11.

COYS.

Absolutely superb window. Kept our best players and added in 3 top players. Squad is stronger. Now it's Pochettino's time to shine to get the best out of this hugely talented squad.

GK: Boruc, Davis, Gazza

RB: Clyne, Chambers

LB: Shaw, Fox

CB: Lovren, Yoshi, Fonte, Jos

DM: Wanyama, Morgan, Cork, (JWP, Davis)

AM: J-Rod, Lallana, JWP, Davis, Gaston, Isgrove, Guly,

ST: Lambert, Osvaldo, (J-Rod)

That's enough good options and a highly talented and young squad. Good balance of British/Foreign/Young/Experience, just need to find the right "team" rather than just trying to shoehorn the best players into the starting 11.

COYS.

God, that is an excellent squad actually, very happy when you look at it like that.