Sunderland Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

There is a staggering amount of pettiness on this forum. Too many egos at work.

Dare I break the tradition and post something that is possibly of some interest and/or relevance to tomorrow's match?

Osvaldo hasn't traveled. He was in Soton outside Next this pm with his missus.

U21's played a friendly this pm. Omar Rowe played, so won't play tomorrow. However, notable absentees from the U21's squad were:

Paulo Gazzaniga

Harrison Reed

Jack Stephens

Jordan Turnbull

Lloyd Isgrove

Tadanari Lee

I expect them all to be in the squad tomorrow. Lee and Isgrove might start, perhaps...

While the above might not be a surprise, the fact that they are probably going to Sunderland suggests to me that their first team first choice equivalents will not be. i.e. I would be surprised to see:

Boruc

Schneiderlin

Lovren

Fonte

Lallana

Lambert

There is a staggering amount of pettiness on this forum. Too many egos at work.

Dare I break the tradition and post something that is possibly of some interest and/or relevance to tomorrow's match?

Osvaldo hasn't traveled. He was in Soton outside Next this pm with his missus.

U21's played a friendly this pm. Omar Rowe played, so won't play tomorrow. However, notable absentees from the U21's squad were:

Paulo Gazzaniga

Harrison Reed

Jack Stephens

Jordan Turnbull

Lloyd Isgrove

Tadanari Lee

I expect them all to be in the squad tomorrow. Lee and Isgrove might start, perhaps...

While the above might not be a surprise, the fact that they are probably going to Sunderland suggests to me that their first team first choice equivalents will not be. i.e. I would be surprised to see:

Boruc

Schneiderlin

Lovren

Fonte

Lallana

Lambert

Team I would put out:

Boruc

Chambers, Lovren, Yoshida, Clyne

Cork, Wanyama

S Davis, Ramirez, JRod

Osvaldo

If Osvaldo not fit JWP in mid with JRod up front.

Team I think will play:

K Davis

Chambers, Jos, Yoshida, Fox

Cork, S Davis

JWP, Ramirez, Lee

JRod

I'd pretty much go with that one Minsk,

Lee has got himself back on the bench - at least- and deserves an outing.

Ramirez 'cos he cost £12 million and must retain his value whether he stays or goes (in January).

Jay Rod because he's the in-form striker, and Osvaldo because he's not

Edited by david in sweden

Indeed. What this forum needs more of is people with their finger on the pulse as far as the future direction of the club is concerned...

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?5486-Administration-inevitable&p=124032#post124032

My favourite bit about that is that all of the clubs listed (including Wimbledon) have been promoted since so all have bounced back to some degree. Doesn't bode well for the Skates' perennial failure though...

I'd quite like the discussion to develop further, as winning the League Cup would put us into the Europa League, which I'd say we are pretty keen to avoid, if our goal is CL football. If we made the Europa League it could set back our Prem chances significantly due to not attracting good enough players for the CL, and necessitating rotation which would impact our league campaign.

I'd quite like the discussion to develop further, as winning the League Cup would put us into the Europa League, which I'd say we are pretty keen to avoid, if our goal is CL football. If we made the Europa League it could set back our Prem chances significantly due to not attracting good enough players for the CL, and necessitating rotation which would impact our league campaign.

I guess it depends whether your goal is to get as high as possible (e.g. qualify for CL) or to actually win some silverware.

There are trade-offs here (I think I'd rather stay up than do a Wigan tbh)....but I do gently lean to the "win a trophy" side of the fence.

My favourite bit about that is that all of the clubs listed (including Wimbledon) have been promoted since so all have bounced back to some degree. Doesn't bode well for the Skates' perennial failure though...

It's almost like five years have elapsed. Those clubs in due course have been replaced by the likes of Coventry and Sheff Utd.

Anyway we were the luckiest of all clubs in those circumstances and we still had to spend two whole seasons in flipping League one.

I think we have set out our stall this season and the league is and always should be our priority. I fully expect us to field a side of squad players tonight and believe this has been the intention in this cup competition since the start of the season......as a fan i always want to see us do well in the cups and another chance to get to a final looks so possible. However i do realise that the club is not yet an Arsenal, Chelsea or Man City and able to have a second 11 that would rival most other clubs. Do we risk our first team players in this cup competition and risk losing them for the league??....the other point to consider and i'm sure the club has!...is how many of our players throughout the squad are being called up to play internationals and will do in friendlies between now and the world cup finals.....its a long season and i think the club is being sensible with the rotation policy in this cup competition.

I think we have set out our stall this season and the league is and always should be our priority. I fully expect us to field a side of squad players tonight and believe this has been the intention in this cup competition since the start of the season......as a fan i always want to see us do well in the cups and another chance to get to a final looks so possible. However i do realise that the club is not yet an Arsenal, Chelsea or Man City and able to have a second 11 that would rival most other clubs. Do we risk our first team players in this cup competition and risk losing them for the league??....the other point to consider and i'm sure the club has!...is how many of our players throughout the squad are being called up to play internationals and will do in friendlies between now and the world cup finals.....its a long season and i think the club is being sensible with the rotation policy in this cup competition.

i think we will see a different look cup side come january when the fa cup comes around. this cup, i believe, is something MP is using to test out the squad. like it or not, he has a way of doing things, and i think he he going about it in the right way. of course i would love to field the strongest side every time, but as has been said, we are nowhere near the likes of chelsea, city, arsenal where we can do that with a second string. it will be dissapointing to lose tonight, and to be honest, i don't think we will, but if we do, it has not eneded our season, like so many other years gone by when it was the only chance to do anything.

two - one to us and a home tie against chelsea in the next round. home win against hull with a fully fit first team squad and then.......who knows where!

To be honest, I think if we do make wholesale changes we are likely to lose tonight, away on a cold wet night in Sunderland.

Actually the forecast is for a dry evening in Sunderland - without much wind

It's almost like five years have elapsed. Those clubs in due course have been replaced by the likes of Coventry and Sheff Utd.

Anyway we were the luckiest of all clubs in those circumstances and we still had to spend two whole seasons in flipping League one.

Nothing makes me laugh more than the idea that being relegated to League one and going into administration would somehow be some springboard to long term glory, whereas staying in CCC is holding us back and a long term disaster.

It's proper fu c ked up thinking.

Please can people stop wishing for administration and wishing for relegation like it is actually going to solve our problems. Newsflash: it won't.

And no doubt you lot saying "lets go into administration now" will all be moaning like girlies and blaming Lowe "for getting into this mess" on the day it actually happens if it does. So stop wishing for it, please.

:lol:

Why don't you just admit you were wrong?