Dani Osvaldo

Glasgow_Saint

To be fair how many chances were made for him today by our midfield?

Whenever we had a set piece we wasted it by either going to the 1st man or the keeper.

You could of played Messi up front today and it would of been no different. Zero service.

I wouldn't blame him for today, it was a poor team performance by everyone second half. However based on everything I've seen of him so far, he needs to seriously get his arse in gear.

If Lee Barnard had put in identical performances this season, we would all be gobsmacked as to how he was still in the team. As others have said, players like Wanyama and Gaston are young and deserve a bit more patience. When you sign a 27 year old for €15m you expect a more refined article.

Poor games from Lallana , Osvaldo, JWP , Morgan etc

Mainly because Chelsea did not let us play....

Ramires kicked everything that moved and dived at the slightest contact.......the ref turned a blind eye....

Ramires then goes on to be man of the match.

Yes, they were better than us and we had too many players off the pace.....but the ref:rolleyes:

As for our normal pathetic posters:mcinnes:...sod off and support your own team:(

To be fair how many chances were made for him today by our midfield?

Whenever we had a set piece we wasted it by either going to the 1st man or the keeper.

You could of played Messi up front today and it would of been no different. Zero service.

Yeah, our attacking play left a lot to be desired today. Toothless is a word I'd use! However, he didn't really make any clever runs or attempt to hold the ball up. You can complain about not getting the service, but he's got to put in a shift himself, which he didn't do today. Doubt he's even sweating.

I honestly can't remember him having that many genuine chances of scoring since being here?

Exactly, and that's why he looks like a waste of money. he did miss a sitter the other week, but I expect him to create chances. Rickie doesn't score every game at thsi level, but he does create chances for others and rack up assists.

I would have expected a guaranteed 15 - 20 goals a season for a player of his pedigree and cost, and so far it's 1 in 10 games!

Looks like another bad buy-in, as per Ramirez and Forren [LOL].

Thank f**k we have some decent home grown players!

Exactly, and that's why he looks like a waste of money. he did miss a sitter the other week, but I expect him to create chances. Rickie doesn't score every game at thsi level, but he does create chances for others and rack up assists.

I would have expected a guaranteed 15 - 20 goals a season for a player of his pedigree and cost, and so far it's 1 in 10 games!

Buying 15-20 goals straight into a prem team requires massive luck or far more than £13m

Edited by Batman

Glasgow is delighted as he has not rated him, nothing like praying a player fails eh. He was poor today but so were so many of the team. We lost to this seasons champions. Iam not ready to bin Osvaldo yet, but he does need to start showing a bit more

god they all come out when we lose don't they

Buying 15-20 goals straight into a prem the requires massive luck or far more than £13m

To be fair, of all the big signing strikers made this summer, the only one that I can think of who has made a good start is Negredo.

Soldado, Van-Wolfswhatsit, Osvaldo, Bony - Have all massively struggled to make an impact in the PL. And they all cost a fair whack of cash.....

It's all about time though, not advocating selling them after 9 bloody appearances. Mental cases.

It's baffling really. Clearly good enough for Italy, but looks totally out of his depth in the EPL. I keep waiting for him to perform, but he just doesn't seem to have enough about him to do so. I don't mean banging in goals left, right and centre - today whenever he got the ball he lost it. Very frustrating :(

To be fair, of all the big signing strikers made this summer, the only one that I can think of who has made a good start is Negredo.

Soldado, Van-Wolfswhatsit, Osvaldo, Bony - Have all massively struggled to make an impact in the PL. And they all cost a fair whack of cash.....

It's all about time though, not advocating selling them after 9 bloody appearances. Mental cases.

Yet a player who may have been here for years gets slated for lack of loyalty when a gib club comes along

Shaw will get it if he leaves .

Yet we want a player out of the club after 9 games

Oh do shut up. Wasn't great but a mare Jesus.

Lol. If you stopped beating off to your Rickie Lambert calendar and actually watched the matches, you'd realise that Rickie was as poor against Arsenal as Osvaldo was today. You won't though, as you're a little bit obsessed.