Dani Osvaldo

Glasgow_Saint

If he leaves then I would expect us to bring in a replacement of similar quality. It is very harsh to judge him when he's barely had a chance really.

but he won't leave, don't know why there's all this speculation. No-one can pay us what we paid, there's no money in Italy and less in Spain so the question is a bit pointless.

His little tantrums are embarrasing and not keeping with the rest of the teams spirit and togetherness

OsWaldo was not popular with players or fans at Roma and had a fresh start here, just seems he's carried all that negativity with him and seems intent on creating another team/fan divide.

Strikes me as a Berbatov type (without the skill) Keep Calm And Pass Me The Ball! Pending

Posts like this are embarrassing. There have been no tantrums

He's had a few little shouting spells on the pitch, it was obvious on Saturday to anyone in the away end. I wouldn't go as far to call them "tantrums" though.

Good. The team are losing, he's not been playing well. He's only showing that all important quality of PASSION that all players need to have. He probably wants us to get it into mixer a bit earlier rather than fannying about with it. I share his frustration.

Good. The team are losing, he's not been playing well. He's only showing that all important quality of PASSION that all players need to have. He probably wants us to get it into mixer a bit earlier rather than fannying about with it. I share his frustration.

I imagine it would be easy to get frustrated with Lovren for not playing the long ball forward to Lambert to knock down to him. He should be annoyed!

It takes all types of temperament in a Team. Osvaldo celebrates one of our goals as much as anybody,if he was such a drama queen he would not care.

agree - thought a good example was our third goal against Hull. Clyne could have easily found Osvaldo with the cross for what would have been a virtual tap-in but instead went to Davis. Seen Osvaldo act before when the ball hasn't been passed to him but not here -perhaps because there was an end-product. Celebrated the goal as much as anyone.

yep only scored 4 goals for italy in 13 appearances, clearly not got the skills, hunger, passion for saints.

get rid

fwiw, and having watched him play only on tv i might add, i think he has shown plenty of passion, plenty of frustration too, i dont mind that, strikers do that, they want to score goals. i also think his touch is the best in the team . give the boy time ffs he will be awesome

yep only scored 4 goals for italy in 13 appearances, clearly not got the skills, hunger, passion for saints.

get rid

fwiw, and having watched him play only on tv i might add, i think he has shown plenty of passion, plenty of frustration too, i dont mind that, strikers do that, they want to score goals. i also think his touch is the best in the team . give the boy time ffs he will be awesome

I think it was Morgan that said players were encouraged to speak out where somoene does something wrong. It's about developing leaders all over the pitch. I have to say I'm impatient and want to see these new signings deliver from day 1 but that is me being unrelaistic. I have no doubt he will come good.

Why so brittle? He's played less than 10 games for us, and people are writing him off. It's stupid, and misguided. But it seems to be the modern-day way of thinking.

I mean, we had threads saying that Rodriguez was a waste of money 4 weeks after we'd signed him last year, contributed to by the same people. It's just plain odd, do they want to make themselves look silly when he inevitably starts putting the ball in the net?

Well JRod was not criticised by me.....!

Sorry JRod is currently a far better player...

It's not just that Osvaldo has had a couple of 'rusty' games he has been poor. If we had brought in a youngster in that position and he'd played like that he wouldn't have lasted three games let alone 10!!!!!

For the money and our status we must have high expectations not low ones.......

His time will come. For some reason people seem to get pleasure from writing off players. Seem to recall Lallana getting a lot of stick last year being one example.

He will get a decent run in the team over the Xmas period when we might get a decent chance to judge him.

He needs more of a mullet IMHO.

From what I've seen of him play, and I think you have to look his entire game , his vision, his off the ball movement, what he's like when he's got the ball, his passing, and his ability to get into goal scoring positions to realise that he is a quality player. He's always involved in the game, not watching from the sidelines waiting for someone to pass to him. So far its not resulted in a shed load of goals. He might start doing that in the near future, he might not.

Lets be honest MP isn't going to look on here (with his translator sat next to him at the PC), and say 'crikey Saintsweb think Dani should go in Jan, I'd better start looking for someone else'. He's going to be here for a couple of seasons.

Only Saints fans could think that one of Italy's first choice strikers is not good enough.

Yeah, he looks very promising. His all round play is very good we just need to get him games with the players around him and get used to playing with each other.

He's played a total of 577 minutes for us with quite a lot of that coming from the bench. He needs to play consistently and then I think we'd see the best out of him. You can't question his passion as he's given his all in every game I've seen, and always involved in the celebrations.

his ability to get into goal scoring positions to realise that he is a quality player.

If he's getting into goal scoring positions (which you say he is, i disagree IMHO) and he isnt scoring goals then surely he isn't "a quality player"

Yeah, he looks very promising. His all round play is very good we just need to get him games with the players around him and get used to playing with each other.

He's played a total of 577 minutes for us with quite a lot of that coming from the bench. He needs to play consistently and then I think we'd see the best out of him. You can't question his passion as he's given his all in every game I've seen, and always involved in the celebrations.

I agree, he is obviously delighted to be here but he does need a run in the team properly in order to get into things. He looks to be a bit of a confidence player to me (similar to Jay) but thanks to the excellent form of the team as a whole he cannot get the game time he will need. That he is being kept on the bench is actually an excellent reflection of how well we are doing, should Rickie get injured I would expect him to step up and lead the line... once he hits his stride then Rickie would have to step up further to regain his place.

It's frustrating that £15m of outlay isn't immediately repaying, but it is actually a complete win/win. Mainly thanks to the fact he isn't throwing his toys out of the pram and is actually trying to work his way in, keeping our other attackers focused on performing to stay in the first 11.

Having the quality of players such as Gaston and Osvaldo on the bench/sidelines has got to be one hell of a motivator to the rest of the squad to perform and keep their place in the pecking order.

Edited by Colinjb

From what I've seen of him play, and I think you have to look his entire game , his vision, his off the ball movement, what he's like when he's got the ball, his passing, and his ability to get into goal scoring positions to realise that he is a quality player. He's always involved in the game, not watching from the sidelines waiting for someone to pass to him. So far its not resulted in a shed load of goals. He might start doing that in the near future, he might not.

I think writing him off at this stage is pretty silly, but judging him on the criteria you've given, from his performance against Arsenal:

his vision was pretty non-existent - he played one half decent edge of the area pass which he overhit to Rodriguez

his off the ball movement - nothing special, hardly finding space or creating angles and then being ignored, he just wasn't available to pass to.

what he's like when he's got the ball - looks good and dangerous on the ball, can dribble in tight spaces, finishing was lacking - hasn't done for Saints what he's done for Italy yet.

his passing He doesn't do it much, normally accurate though

and his ability to get into goal scoring positions He doesn't run that much, he hasn't scored many, worst bit is that he doesn't seem to be working hard to get into those positions.

Also, I'd hope he'd contribute to the press more than he usually does.

Déjà vu anyone? I remember one of my very 1st threads on this forum.... I posted the exclusive that Kenwyne Jones was unhappy and looking for a move. This was followed by 2-3 pages of posts about how he celebrates goals + loads of photos from the training ground of him smiling and laughing.

2 weeks after my exclusive Ken went on strike before joining Sunderland!

Déjà vu anyone? I remember one of my very 1st threads on this forum.... I posted the exclusive that Kenwyne Jones was unhappy and looking for a move. This was followed by 2-3 pages of posts about how he celebrates goals + loads of photos from the training ground of him smiling and laughing.

If Osvaldo goes on strike and then joins Sunderland I will give you £1,000 and my marital bed.

matthew windsor ‏@mattcw0410 1h

Not the look of a player that wants to leave in January #saintsfc @danistone25

retweetad av Dani Osvaldo

BaRGRDUIMAAo8md.jpg:large

Looks like a bit of fake laugh to me, put on. His laughing much more than anyone so either a bit mental or faking it to appear convincing.

Edited by Turkish

I remember that mate, I was surprised at the time too as he looked happy in the pictures. I did a similar thing with Dean Richards when I revealed that Spuds (PMSL) were going to bid and he wanted to go. Loads of people said this wasn't true, even claiming to have asked him directly and he said he was staying and happy. we all know how that one ended up.

I know just how you feel. One of the first letters I ever wrote to the Echo was in 1976, when I broke the news that Mick Channon was reluctantly considering a move away from Saints, as he felt that being in the Second Division was hampering his England career. Naturally, I was vilified and shouted down by the Echo letters page superstars, who pointed out that Mick was still doing the windmill-arm goal celebration and had been seen smiling on more than one occasion.

I was proved right when he left for Manchester City in the summer of 1977 (everything moved a lot more slowly in those days as there was no internet). I wrote another letter to the Echo, enclosing clippings of my previous one plus some of the angry responses it had elicited. They didn't publish it though; some people find it very hard to deal with facts that go against what they'd like to believe.

I know just how you feel. One of the first letters I ever wrote to the Echo was in 1976, when I broke the news that Mick Channon was reluctantly considering a move away from Saints, as he felt that being in the Second Division was hampering his England career. Naturally, I was vilified and shouted down by the Echo letters page superstars, who pointed out that Mick was still doing the windmill-arm goal celebration and had been seen smiling on more than one occasion.

I was proved right when he left for Manchester City in the summer of 1977 (everything moved a lot more slowly in those days as there was no internet). I wrote another letter to the Echo, enclosing clippings of my previous one plus some of the angry responses it had elicited. They didn't publish it though; some people find it very hard to deal with facts that go against what they'd like to believe.

:lol: