Lambert joins Liverpool

JxgrSaint

We all agree that Alpine is a proper drone, but in fairness Lambert did want to go to West Ham in January

What utter bo**ocks I don't believe he wanted to go there for one minute IMO. I think it more likely Cortese was plotting another perceived unpopular move that may of paid dividends further down the track.. we'll never know now.

Beattie was easily as good as Lambert. Lets not twist history because Lambert got us through the lower leagues, Beattie was a beast before he let success go to his head. 67 goals in 4 seasons in the prem speaks for itself.

Haha!!!

The forum should have an account self destruct mechanism for any poster who types things as ridiculous as this.

Beattie was easily as good as Lambert. Lets not twist history because Lambert got us through the lower leagues, Beattie was a beast before he let success go to his head. 67 goals in 4 seasons in the prem speaks for itself.

Nowhere near as good, first touch of an elephant, no football brain at all but good at bundling

Come on now Board, step up to the plate! Please arrange the following tribute to Saints One and Only Ricky Lambert

1.. Invite Ricky to come on to the pitch for a deserved crowd ovation & farewell at HT during the pre-season main friendly against whichever continental club is scheduled to appear at SMS in July / August. Even a club presentation at the time would be appreciated by every fan.

2... Commission a statue of Ricky to stand alongside Ted Bates outside the main entrance of SMS and ask fans to contribute to the cost, maybe the Club matching the fans contribution.

Beattie was under rated. BUT his close ball control was not as good as Rickie's

Come on now Board, step up to the plate! Please arrange the following tribute to Saints One and Only Ricky Lambert

1.. Invite Ricky to come on to the pitch for a deserved crowd ovation & farewell at HT during the pre-season main friendly against whichever continental club is scheduled to appear at SMS in July / August. Even a club presentation at the time would be appreciated by every fan.

2... Commission a statue of Ricky to stand alongside Ted Bates outside the main entrance of SMS and ask fans to contribute to the cost, maybe the Club matching the fans contribution.

I want to vomit. I do hope this is sarcasm.

You're having a laugh, we have had many other heroes who deserve a statue before RL as much as I adored him

Sad to see him go and my favourite Saints player of the last 10 + years, I also do not think had it been any other club he would have left willingly and for that reason I am pleased on a personal level for him that he has managed to join the club he loves.

What utter bo**ocks I don't believe he wanted to go there for one minute IMO. I think it more likely Cortese was plotting another perceived unpopular move that may of paid dividends further down the track.. we'll never know now.

Adam Blackmore tweeted a few days ago that he was unhappy the club denied him a move to West Ham. I assume that means the wheels were in motion but Liebherr stopped it when Cortese left.

Nowhere near as good, first touch of an elephant, no football brain at all but good at bundling

^ Do you honestly think Lambert would've scored the goals in that video? They're f#cking blinding, if we saw a compilation video like that of a potential signing we'd be creaming ourselves. They had comparable levels of skill but Beattie's athleticism made him a far better out and out striker.

He's in the twilight of his career and its his boyhood club, he's achieved everything he ever could achieve with us in the years hes been with the club and I think he completely deserves this.

I wish him all the best and hope he gets a chance to enjoy some Champions League football.

This must be a pi ss take, although a bit too close to reality to be actually funny. A bit like a Rory Bremner sketch.

^ Do you honestly think Lambert would've scored the goals in that video? They're f#cking blinding, if we saw a compilation video like that of a potential signing we'd be creaming ourselves. They had comparable levels of skill but Beattie's athleticism made him a far better out and out striker.

I have to agree. I have just watched both and beatts scored some screamers more so then Rickie. In saying that Rickie is the better footballer

The guy will always be a legend in my house. My kids started watching saints in league 1 and both grew up singing Lambert's name and cheering his many (many) goals. While I'm gutted he is going Rickie just comes across as such a nice guy I can't be anything but happy for him. He has worked his way through the leagues and given saints everything he deserves this perfect end to his career. Cheers Rickie

now for my favourite SRL moment....

Best of luck Rickie, you've been brilliant for this club and £4M for a 32 y.o isn't too shabby in all honesty.

As one of the biggest reasons for our rapid ascendency back to the prem you can leave with your head held high. I'll be giving you a round of applause if I see you again.

This is one of those transfers you can't really begrudge, the player has totally earned it.

Is it just me or did he not thank Cortese? Yet thanked KL.

Guess thse rumours of him being forced out in Jan against his will could be true.

Your not the only one and some of tweets on twitter suggest that was true.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Every time you post seems to confirm that you know very little about the game

Beattie was a good striker...but that's all he was, an out and out striker. He had a bit more pace earlier in his career. But Lambert was a completely different case, dropping deep, controlling attacks, picking out passes, just ten times the footballing intelligence.

We were crying out for striker like Beattie last season. Lambert could play deep - but it wasn't midfielders we were short of.

Your enthusiasm to portray a personality reflective of your username is adorable

Your persistance to deflect attention away from the fact you are far far away from forming a coherant and relevant opinion is admirable.

You are out of your depth, are you a motivational hockey coach from Canada ?

Your persistance to deflect attention away from the fact you are far far away from forming a coherant and relevant opinion is admirable.

You are out of your depth, are you a motivational hockey coach from Canada ?

Do you always get this mad when people question you intelligence?

Do you always get this mad when people question you intelligence?

Mad ? This only really proves to highlight how far from the mark you are to be honest.

But you can question whatever you like poppet, intelligence or football form much the same medium of ineptitude for you lad

Mad ? This only really proves to highlight how far from the mark you are to be honest.

But you can question whatever you like poppet, intelligence or football form much the same medium of ineptitude for you lad

Your defensive use of increasingly patronising language betrays you I'm afraid. Unrustle your jimmies and relax bro.

[video=youtube;5Pg3IK-6Xms]

We gonna act like Lambert could score half of those goals?

Reminded me how good Beattie was, that video. Got to say thinking about it that Beattie probably was the better striker of the two, but Lambert is probably more of a legend and brought more to the team as a whole.

My favourite sportsperson of all time. Epitomises a very happy time in my football-watching life, and he just kept adapting and getting better. Loved every second of watching him play. Brawn of Shearer, brains of Sheringham. Thanks Rickie, go forth and win trophies.

So the photo I posted yesterday was Photoshopped eh?

Congrats "experts", it was photoshopped onto the Getty Images web site & into the Daily Fail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2646052/Liverpool-confirm-4m-Rickie-Lambert-signing-England-striker-returns-began.html

Can't Liverpool afford a new watch for him then? Players signing contracts at Saints get one :lol:

And not a single counterargument was posted that day

You must have missed it.

207 goals across all leagues an competitions. I expect you would find half of James beatties goals np. Also if you are going to use Prem only as comparison Rickie scored 28 in 2 seasons in a league widely regarded to be stronger than it was even when Beattie was playing not to mention the fact that Rickie is a lot older than Beattie was and forgive me but I don't have the stats to compare but I suspect that Rickie got a fair few more assists over 2 years compared to Beattie.

Also St Chalet when are you going to put this goon back in his box, he never learns and is clearly on a wind up mission again.

Congrats "experts", it was photoshopped onto the Getty Images web site & into the Daily Fail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2646052/Liverpool-confirm-4m-Rickie-Lambert-signing-England-striker-returns-began.html

90% of pictures are Photoshopped I can almost guarantee this one was touched up, so both you and the "experts" can both be right HTH :)

Can't Liverpool afford a new watch for him then? Players signing contracts at Saints get one :lol:
I expect he will be in the middle of getting a sponsorship deal on what watch to wear. it is all very different when you hit the big time. i do hope RL doesnt lose his charm

I think Liverpool have bought the story more than the man. Will be a scouse legend by the end of the WC. They needed him to represent lfc for the story to be about them. Bet if he'd said I'll join after WC they would have told him to do one. Us and the other clubs who believed in him when they couldn't care a fig will be incidental by the time the Great Scouse Legend is penned.

I refuse to believe anything bad until it's been confirmed.

Just like the time I sharted but only admitted to it when I saw the skid marks later that evening...

I think Liverpool have bought the story more than the man. Will be a scouse legend by the end of the WC. They needed him to represent lfc for the story to be about them. Bet if he'd said I'll join after WC they would have told him to do one. Us and the other clubs who believed in him when they couldn't care a fig will be incidental by the time the Great Scouse Legend is penned.

i dunno that i would credit them with that level of forethought, i think it's more a case that when they see caps lying around they cannot help themselves. Hub caps, England caps, whatever. Caps is caps.

Reminded me how good Beattie was, that video. Got to say thinking about it that Beattie probably was the better striker of the two, but Lambert is probably more of a legend and brought more to the team as a whole.

Feck, I remember being gutted when Beattie left as he was one of my heroes but I don't remember him being this good :scared:

i dunno that i would credit them with that level of forethought, i think it's more a case that when they see caps lying around they cannot help themselves. Hub caps, England caps, whatever. Caps is caps.

You've certainly got something there Bears. But still think that RL is fast becoming the only English footballing hero in ages and the scallies want their liverbird plastered all over the booochh and the fillm.

Scouse gits have nicked his watch already!

Cheers Rickie, good luck and thanks for all the pleasure you have given us. It has been inspiring watching you improve during your Saints career. Hard work pays off.

Edited by positivepete