Lambert joins Liverpool

JxgrSaint

There's going to be a lot of gutted younger fans this weekend, their hero has just left.

As an older fan I've seen it all before, every dog has his day but I would like to say best of luck Rickie, you've been bloody awesome for SFC over the last 5 years.

You've earned everything the hard way through putting in a real shift and you'll always get a good reception at SMS.

No histrionics, tantrums or diva'ness, just talent and graft.

If any aspiring kids out there want a role model then look no further than Rickie Lambert, Southampton goal machine.

Great post and totally right. When viewed in isolation, no one begrudges the move for RL who has given his all for us any deserves that final opportunity.

But sadly we can't take it out of the context - that of it being on top of MO going, Shaw, Lallana and a few other likely to go... And all because? Just what is KL Reality thinking or doing?

Ricky can not be blamed for anything, he has repaid the faith we showed I him, but his departure is symbolic of all thanks wrong right now...

Still think this is a twitter wind up. But if not wish him the best of luck and just hate liverpool more than I did which I'd didn't previously think was possible

Someone had better tell Rickie then :mcinnes:

This one came completely out of leftfield. Whichever players left I thought that Ricky would still be here next season, along with Steven Davis, Artur and Jose. I have not felt so gutted since Mike Channon left. Having said that, if the board thought that allowing him to join his boyhood club was seen as a reward for everything he has done for SFC then so be it. Thanks Rickie and the very best of luck at Liverpool. I look forward to seeing you at St Mary's next season.

Hopefully the Board know what they are doing and have some masterplan in place. I am not holding my breath though. It could be Gallagher and Billy Sharp up front next season.

Anyone else hope that Liverpool have a sh*t season, crash out of the Champions League and finish 6th? (With Spurs to finish 7th).

Part of me wants Rickie to score champions league winner/league decider.

That part is lessened each time Liverpool try and bend us over a table and deal on their terms.

Just spoke to my friend who works with one of Lallana's friends (right back at totton). My mate saw him today because he just got back from Miami (Lallana's stag) and he said that there is more money on the table then this bit most of the money has been hidden due to Liverpool wanting to save face by not spending too much money on a 32 year old.. May be the reason that there a lot of conflicting stories on the fee paid. Also said that chairman/Reed have not been taking calls from Liverpool and Adams representative with regards to transfer to Liverpool so looks like that won't be happening before the World Cup

Just spoke to my friend who works with one of Lallana's friends (right back at totton). My mate saw him today because he just got back from Miami (Lallana's stag) and he said that there is more money on the table then this bit most of the money has been hidden due to Liverpool wanting to save face by not spending too much money on a 32 year old.. May be the reason that there a lot of conflicting stories on the fee paid. Also said that chairman/Reed have not been taking calls from Liverpool and Adams representative with regards to transfer to Liverpool so looks like that won't be happening before the World Cup

Wondering how you hide the money, i'm guessing its the add ons. I'd assumed they were crazy extras based on Liverpool overachieving in the coming season.

Fingers crossed that's true, but not going to hold my breath (not saying I don't believe you but there are so many conflicting stories around).

Fingers crossed that's true, but not going to hold my breath (not saying I don't believe you but there are so many conflicting stories around).

Well it was not from me. Was from one of best mates who is also a skate so he would much rather see us get a raw deal and for Lallana to go. But I know he does works with one of Lallana mates

Well it was not from me. Was from one of best mates who is also a skate so he would much rather see us get a raw deal and for Lallana to go. But I know he does works with one of Lallana mates

His work mate is Ryan Hill (totton player and Lallana's mate)

Right this second, this must be our worst striker situation in many years. We have Gallagher. That is it.

Osvaldo won't play here again, Rodriguez is out til near Christmas and hasn't played much as the main striker anyway. So one 18 year old striker in the premier league.

We we need more competition up there anyway. Then we needed an Osvaldo replacement. Then a JRod replacement. Now a Lambert replacement. So 4 players. Not going to happen is it.

Don't forget, Billy Sharp is still a contracted saints player for a further 12 months.

Right this second, this must be our worst striker situation in many years. We have Gallagher. That is it.

Osvaldo won't play here again, Rodriguez is out til near Christmas and hasn't played much as the main striker anyway. So one 18 year old striker in the premier league.

We we need more competition up there anyway. Then we needed an Osvaldo replacement. Then a JRod replacement. Now a Lambert replacement. So 4 players. Not going to happen is it.

You have to wonder whether it forces us to bring Osvaldo back into the fold.

You can still get good odds on saints to be relegated, maybe I can get my season ticket refunded after all....

Really not upset that RL has gone. Rather, I am delighted for him. He epitomises a much more innocent footballer, one who is a journeyman rising to the top and not a primadonna obsessed with money. He gives hope and inspiration not only to youngsters but also other professionals. His joy at scoring his first goal for England was wonderful to see. Comparing him to AL, maybe Clattenburg was right.

This unfortunately is the price of success,we are a selling club, always will be a selling and when you have a good season you appear on the radar of clubs.....it's not ideal but get used to it.

The academy is just another income stream, nothing more nothing less,just think of it as that and you won't disappointed.

This unfortunately is the price of success,we are a selling club, always will be a selling and when you have a good season you appear on the radar of clubs.....it's not ideal but get used to it.

The academy is just another income stream, nothing more nothing less,just think of it as that and you won't disappointed.

Everyone is a selling club. Man Utd lost their best player to Real. Arsenal were title contenders and still sold Cesc, Nasri, Clichy, Adebayor, RVP and Henry.

If people can't accept our best players being sold, they need to find a different sport, not a different club.

I wish this thread would disappear now...sick of looking at the title...

It will be all "Liverpool`s new striker" at world cup....makes me sick..

I want good players to play for us not others despite it being their dream moves....

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Really annoyed England are apparently bending over backwards to try and facilitate Liverpool lallana move and Hodgson is going on record talking up a move. Why can't he just be diplomatic and state that where the players play is none of his concern.

Because when all said and done the England manager whoever he is has to pander to the big clubs,

always has been that way and always will...

Remember the big boys pulling out of friendlies but always fit for big games

whereas the "lesser" teams players would just love the chance..

This has happened too many times to be a coincidence.

Bridge

Beattie

Now

Lambert

Lallana ?

Shaw ?

There's something rotten to the core with the England setup I hope and expect they lose every game in Brazil. They are just a front for so-called big clubs to tap up players from the others.

I really want them to lose all their games.

Bridge

Beattie

Now

Lambert

Lallana ?

Shaw ?

There's something rotten to the core with the England setup I hope and expect they lose every game in Brazil. They are just a front for so-called big clubs to tap up players from the others.

Strange. It's almost as if the big clubs like to sign good players.

Bridge

Beattie

Now

Lambert

Lallana ?

Shaw ?

Think yourself lucky...

Channon

Mcmennamy

Danny Wallace

Rod Wallace

Shearer

Ball

Flowers

Shilton

Keegan

Hoddle

Richard Hall

Dean Richards

We paid a million quid for him to do a job for us, which he more than fulfilled. He's not going to improve at 32 and we've got four million back. It's a good move for everyone unless you get emotionally attached to footballers. Let's get real, we sell players, so does every other club.

I wonder if anyone has suggested to Rickie that this move could be the end of his England career. He was selected by Hodgson because he was a regular scorer for Saints and was adept at assists to other goal-scorers. At Liverpool he will be over-shadowed and not a regular starter in the first team. The typical Big Fish drawing deserved attention, but moving to a Bigger Pool and then getting lost.

It seems it was beyond the wit of our club management to explain this to Rickie and to tell him that keeping him at Southampton would be in his own interests as well as Southampton's. If that had disappointed him for a while, the club should have lived with that because the appointment of the new manager is capable of changing the whole situation.

All too late now.