Lambert joins Liverpool

JxgrSaint

The report in The Echo that the Board reluctantly 'had' to agree to the sale because otherwise it would have created an 'unhealthy division' between the club and the player makes it look like we have a bunch of amateurs running the show. They have allowed themselves to be hurried into a decision that could easily have been delayed for valid reasons. If that had caused Liverpool to withdraw the offer it would have been because the club could not be rushed whilst dealing with the manager appointment and that it was Liverpool who had refused to allow any time.

I only started supporting saints our first season in the championship, I have only known **** times.

But so far this closed season I can honestly say i have never felt so disconnected from my club/team/players and felt so depressed about supporting saints.

as long as the tea ladies are all smiles now cortese has gone

Funny you should say that. My wife was working down at St Mary's today and said that staff there are feeling pretty low as a result of the happenings since the end of the season. Apparently the Lambert news has knocked staff there for six.

how much do you think we will spend on forwards?

as with lambert and ossie going, we are going to need 2 at the very least maybe even 3

#LFC told #SaintsFC the deal for Lambert went through before World Cup or forget it. With Rickie wanting to go, club felt they had no choice

That makes no sense at all. Why would Liverpool need Lambert before the World Cup?

Alright then lads, just got a job lot of these little beauties! Show your support for the new board and stick one of these in the back of your motor! I've already sent a free one to Wreck it Ralph to help publicity and all that stuff.

Get yours for just a 5er, no p&p no vat cash only

http://cdn2.thegrindstone.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Be-Courageous.-Youll-Regret-it-if-Youre-Not.-Pushover-on-board.jpg

so far we've lost to resignation a controversial chairman, a manager who was only in it for a quick champions league push, and we've apparently agreed another deal on arguably compassionate grounds.

if and when the crown jewels are sold, then i'm goign to have to reassess what sort of business the board are doing.

The grass isn't always greener Rickie. Remember when Robbie Keane went there and everyone was made up for him getting his dream move? I'll wager he plays less than 10 games and is utterly miserable there.

I am sure he will be very happy to put that Liverpool shirt on and play for the club he loves. I hope he does well, what a way to bring his career towards an end.

The report in The Echo that the Board reluctantly 'had' to agree to the sale because otherwise it would have created an 'unhealthy division' between the club and the player makes it look like we have a bunch of amateurs running the show. They have allowed themselves to be hurried into a decision that could easily have been delayed for valid reasons. If that had caused Liverpool to withdraw the offer it would have been because the club could not be rushed whilst dealing with the manager appointment and that it was Liverpool who had refused to allow any time.

You're talking sense again Prof!

I am sure he will be very happy to put that Liverpool shirt on and play for the club he loves. I hope he does well, what a way to bring his career towards an end.

+1 He's given everything for us for the last 5 years, he deserves this.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

#LFC told #SaintsFC the deal for Lambert went through before World Cup or forget it. With Rickie wanting to go, club felt they had no choice

Blimey if that's true - every player who's agent wants to cash in this summer will say they want to go. That is clueless management. We are in control apparently Mr Krueger?

Blimey if that's true - every player who's agent wants to cash in this summer will say they want to go. That is clueless management. We are in control apparently Mr Krueger?

Indeed they have to have spine to tell players that they are staying or this will end in a stampede where the only players left at saints are the ones we wanted to get rid of.

+1 He's given everything for us for the last 5 years, he deserves this.

how about over the last 5 years we have given him the opportunity to develop into a player who is going to the world cup and feels he owes it to us to hang around and ensure it doesnt all collapse lika house of cards. we deserve this.

just an alternative view

how about over the last 5 years we have given him the opportunity to develop into a player who is going to the world cup and feels he owes it to us to hang around and ensure it doesnt all collapse lika house of cards. we deserve this.

just an alternative view

This.

What he could do for saints (helping us stay where we are/keeping this team together) is bigger than anything he will accomplish at liverpool IMO.

This.

What he could do for saints (helping us stay where we are/keeping this team together) is bigger than anything he will accomplish at liverpool IMO.

Completely disagree. He will accomplish what is porobably his life dream of playing for his hometown club that he grew up supporting and after having played in a world cup. Likeley he will end his career in a Liverpool shirt. 6 years (and even 6 month ago) that would have been unthinkable for him

This is a a personal and emotional move for him and that will far out weigh anything he could achieve here.

Good luck to him I say. He's been a legend for us and I'll be forever grateful for his goals that propelled us to the Premier league and gave us some of the most positive few years I've experienced as a Saints fan.

Completely disagree. He will accomplish what is porobably his life dream of playing for his hometown club that he grew up supporting and after having played in a world cup. Likeley he will end his career in a Liverpool shirt. 6 years (and even 6 month ago) that would have been unthinkable for him

This is a a personal and emotional move for him and that will far out weigh anything he could achieve here.

Good luck to him I say. He's been a legend for us and I'll be forever grateful for his goals that propelled us to the Premier league and gave us some of the most positive few years I've experienced as a Saints fan.

Oh dear, I'm feeling a bit nauseous.

This.

Seriously? Perhaps he should give us his first born son too! He did great for us I'll always remember the last 5 years and I wish him all the bloody best. Blame the board of they have no back up plan for a player who probably should have a replacement waiting in the wings already.

So this is what it would have felt like if Le Tiss had ever left.

End of an era. Rickie Lambert - SFC legend.

Stop comparing Lambert to Le Tissier.

Le Tissier was loyal Played his while career here ans saved us more than once for the drop.

Lambert is not loyal has Played only 2 seasons and only Played 5 years so mentionning him in the same breath as Le God

Stop comparing Lambert to Le Tissier.

Le Tissier was loyal Played his while career here ans saved us more than once for the drop.

Lambert is not loyal has Played only 2 seasons and only Played 5 years so mentionning him in the same breath as Le God

That makes no sense.