Defectors Watch

adrian lord

I did, but fans are fickle. You're only as good as your last game. Confirmation bias after a bad game. How bored they were after that Stoke game might have had a lot to do with Stoke only taking 4 shots all game and killing the game by sitting back.

I only had a look as the commentator on the radio I was listening to, commented how the Leicester fans were turning on Puel. The last 10 games they have picked up one more point than us and last 6, they are below us in the form table.

Not sure it relates to one game!

I only had a look as the commentator on the radio I was listening to, commented how the Leicester fans were turning on Puel. The last 10 games they have picked up one more point than us and last 6, they are below us in the form table.

Not sure it relates to one game!

said it before, puel will do very well to finish next season as leicester manager

I think one particular quote on that Foxes forum is quite telling....

"To me, the sum of our parts is less than the individual parts."

I might suggest that both Puel and Pellegrino have shown us exactly this facet of Southampton FC, from midway through last season and pretty much all of this, so far.

Is this Duckhunter in disguise? :suspicious:

Jesus, what a bunch of moaning entitled rubbish on this forum.

If one of our “nearly” efforts had gone in, we’d not have had to suffer half these threads (“Puel Out” - give me strength) and we’d probably have people saying we can chase down Arsenal.

How was the last 20 minutes “boring” when we laid siege to their goal? It was thrilling.

If you think we played scintillating football for the whole every game, even when we won the league, you are mistaken.

Puel is trying to turn the tanker, develop our squad and our style of play from the title winning year, and he deserves time and at least one Summer window. Those of us who watched us flounder and get relegated years ago should know that teams who change their manager every five minutes will end up failing.

If you want to win every game playing stylish champagne football, go and support Barcelona. We are on track to finish in our second highest position that I can remember, and I’m bloody ancient.

This is truly a golden era for us.

Get over yourselves.

Not quite what was said "He clearly doesn’t want to go back to Southampton after his loan ends in the summer, if he isn’t going to be involved in first-team football"

The tweet doesn't say that.

That’ll teach me to read tweets properly. I’m blaming a heavy night and a early start

I read this and thought it sounded like he was saying the training at Southampton wasn't tough enough, which says a lot. But he's still a c ock though
He may be, and probably is, but I think he's right on the training being too soft. We've been very weak in second halves this season (have lost something like 10 points from half-time scores) and have conceded late on when looking knackered more than once.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Pochettino again proving that he's one of the best managers in the world (amongst those who've won **** all).

Wiley bunch them Juve players, Chellini is one of those players you can’t help dislike, but without doubt the bloke is a grand master in the art of defending. Pochettino had no answer to Allegri playing his joker with his subs.

Spurs have got a bit of a Saintsy downgrading problem - albeit at a much higher level, obviously.

Last season they had the best two fullbacks in the league, Walker and Rose, whereas this season they've gone with very mid-table footballers in Trippier and Davies.

Wanyama was their midfield lynchpin last season, but the incredibly mediocre Eric Dier plays now.

Sanchez is a brilliant prospect at centre back, but not at Alderweireld's quality yet.

Injuries are partly to blame, of course, but when you add in that Deli Ali has been a passenger in many games (including tonight), I think the media narrative that Spurs are "getting better" and "developing all the time" is on shaky grounds.

They've gone backwards from 2nd to 4th, they're going to sell their best defender in the summer, the manager is on Madrid and PSG's wishlist, along with a few players - I think it could all fall apart very quickly.

Although as we're about to get relegated with the most inept excuse for a manager and a board who don't give a damn, Spurs' impending minor demise isn't much of cold comfort.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Spurs have got a bit of a Saintsy downgrading problem - albeit at a much higher level, obviously.

Last season they had the best two fullbacks in the league, Walker and Rose, whereas this season they've gone with very mid-table footballers in Trippier and Davies.

Wanyama was their midfield lynchpin last season, but the incredibly mediocre Eric Dier plays now.

Sanchez is a brilliant prospect at centre back, but not at Alderweireld's quality yet.

Injuries are partly to blame, of course, but when you add in that Deli Ali has been a passenger in many games (including tonight), I think the media narrative that Spurs are "getting better" and "developing all the time" is on shaky grounds.

They've gone backwards from 2nd to 4th, they're going to sell their best defender in the summer, the manager is on Madrid and PSG's wishlist, along with a few players - I think it could all fall apart very quickly.

Although as we're about to get relegated with the most inept excuse for a manager and a board who don't give a damn, Spurs' impending minor demise isn't much of cold comfort.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Very true. Add to that some sizeable bids for Kane and Ali in the summer and their wage cap and you have a club that might struggle with their transition to the new stadium. Would laugh so much when Pochetino goes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spurs have really blown a golden opportunity the past few years. They really should have at least one trophy for the strength of that current squad.

Can't see them holding them all together again this summer....they simply don't or can't pay the BIG super wages

If Mopo exits or Kane, you could see a quick domino effect.

The manager picks Dier over Vic, and leaves Rose (now he’s fit) out. He seems to be freezing Toby out as well.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Spurs have really blown a golden opportunity the past few years. They really should have at least one trophy for the strength of that current squad.

Can't see them holding them all together again this summer....they simply don't or can't pay the BIG super wages

If Mopo exits or Kane, you could see a quick domino effect.

I think reckon Kane has 1 more season in him at Spurs

He is an awesome striker, surely he will want to play at the very top

I think reckon Kane has 1 more season in him at Spurs

He is an awesome striker, surely he will want to play at the very top

The lure and excitement of the new stadium might help. Personally feel Mopo would do well to move on now.

His stock is still high despite 10 years of management (4 seasons with an extremely good Spurs squad) and zero trophies.

Spurs must be close to their limit after year on year contract extensions squad wide.

I'd be surprised if they don't lose a few after the world cup. Not sure any English club would go in for Kane though given a 100m+ pricetag.

Except Toby is injured

Perhaps you should let him know.

http:// http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11219934/toby-alderweireld-declares-himself-fit-for-tottenhams-top-four-battle

According to journos on Sunday Supplement the other week, he’s being frozen out because he won’t sign a new contract, he’s easily ready for bench. They suggested it showed Poch’s ruthlessness, evidently he’s been the same with Danny Rose because of his wages outburst ( he’s now fit to play) and he also blanked Walker because he wanted out.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

http:// http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11219934/toby-alderweireld-declares-himself-fit-for-tottenhams-top-four-battle

According to journos on Sunday Supplement the other week, he’s being frozen out because he won’t sign a new contract, he’s easily ready for bench. They suggested it showed Poch’s ruthlessness, evidently he’s been the same with Danny Rose since his wages outburst, and he also blanked Walker because he wanted out.

Let's not pretend that he wasn't in the squad before his significant time out with injury and also that he is refusing to sign a contract, which pretty much confirms he doesn't want to be at the club.

With Spurs wage structure and recent history, it is a miracle that they are where they are if we're being honest. They shouldn't even be competing with the like of Juve and Madrid, let alone outplaying them.

I do think that them not winning anything is lingering over them a bit, but I was watching 'the debate' on Sky last night and I thought Bellamy got it spot on when he said "if they (Tottenham) win the FA cup, will it make them a better team? No". Can't hide the fact they missed a very big opportunity the season Leicester won the league (as did everyone else in the top 10 that year, arguably including us), but that was a freak season, one that will never happen again. I think a club with the resources that Tottenham have / are willing to spend, regular CL qualification is an achievement in itself.

I have 0 doubt in my mind that Poch will leave Tottenham in the next year or 2 and go to an elite club (probably Madrid) and clean up.

I really don't get the bitterness with Poch, TBH. He generally is a cracking bloke and IMO he's certainly the best coach saints have / will ever have. The only bitterness I have is that Kat's decision to stop significant investment to push us onto the next level, failure to replace Cortese and subsequent failure to persuade Poch 'the project can continue' has probably cost us the chance to be Tottenham.

Let's not pretend that he wasn't in the squad before his significant time out with injury and also that he is refusing to sign a contract, which pretty much confirms he doesn't want to be at the club.

With Spurs wage structure and recent history, it is a miracle that they are where they are if we're being honest. They shouldn't even be competing with the like of Juve and Madrid, let alone outplaying them.

I do think that them not winning anything is lingering over them a bit, but I was watching 'the debate' on Sky last night and I thought Bellamy got it spot on when he said "if they (Tottenham) win the FA cup, will it make them a better team? No". Can't hide the fact they missed a very big opportunity the season Leicester won the league (as did everyone else in the top 10 that year, arguably including us), but that was a freak season, one that will never happen again. I think a club with the resources that Tottenham have / are willing to spend, regular CL qualification is an achievement in itself.

I have 0 doubt in my mind that Poch will leave Tottenham in the next year or 2 and go to an elite club (probably Madrid) and clean up.

I really don't get the bitterness with Poch, TBH. He generally is a cracking bloke and IMO he's certainly the best coach saints have / will ever have. The only bitterness I have is that Kat's decision to stop significant investment to push us onto the next level, failure to replace Cortese and subsequent failure to persuade Poch 'the project can continue' has probably cost us the chance to be Tottenham.

In other words 'throw money down the drain'.

I'm not sure Poch is suited to a big club like Real Madrid having big name players who call the shots just doesn't suit him. What Poch thrives on is young or ambitious older players who he can motivate to play his style with all the hard work that entails. A team full of Galacticos who have already made it to the top of their game are unlikely to buy into the Poch way.

I'm not sure Poch is suited to a big club like Real Madrid having big name players who call the shots just doesn't suit him. What Poch thrives on is young or ambitious older players who he can motivate to play his style with all the hard work that entails. A team full of Galacticos who have already made it to the top of their game are unlikely to buy into the Poch way.

That's exactly what I thought when he went to Tottenham. I know it's harder to justify it at Madrid, but who's to say he wouldn't sign the young superstars and mould them instead of signing players who had made it already. (Admittedly he'd still have to figure out a way to get Ronaldo, Ramos etc to fit in)

That's exactly what I thought when he went to Tottenham. I know it's harder to justify it at Madrid, but who's to say he wouldn't sign the young superstars and mould them instead of signing players who had made it already. (Admittedly he'd still have to figure out a way to get Ronaldo, Ramos etc to fit in)

Didn't he have problems his first season at spurs with players like Adebayor? I suppose its possible that if he went to a club like Real or Barca they would let him by hungry young unknowns but clubs like that have to be seen to be signing the "Big" players and no one is going to tell a messi or Ronaldo they need to be doing double training sessions.

Spurs is a good fit for him really biggish club but also a bit tight so they are happy to give him cheaper young players to mould to his style. Maybe Atlético Madrid would be more his style.

I have similar reservations about his chances for success at a club like Real Madrid.

I'd love to see Pochettino take the England job at some point.

agree - him and Pep are probably the best thing to ever happen to English football, when you look at the players they have developed... Kane, Alli, Walker, Stone, Sterling, Tripper, Dier, Rose, Winks, Lallana, Shaw (even Delph looked decent at LB under Pep) with the likes of Foden coming through and being given a chance as well.

A number of those will go to the WC full of confidence after working with 2 exceptional coaches.

Rather than someone like Jose who has won loads, but is also close to destroying young players like Rashford and Shaw.

According to journos on Sunday Supplement the other week, he’s being frozen out because he won’t sign a new contract, he’s easily ready for bench. They suggested it showed Poch’s ruthlessness, evidently he’s been the same with Danny Rose because of his wages outburst ( he’s now fit to play) and he also blanked Walker because he wanted out.

Thats a bit rich from someone who wanted out of Saints at any cost,,,,,,,,,

Thats a bit rich from someone who wanted out of Saints at any cost,,,,,,,,,

You do realise that if this was the case, he would / could have left mid season..... the fact of the matter is he gave us the chance to persuade him to stay and les failed (shock) to do so.

Tottenham offered him a project in which saints couldn’t, so he went. ‘He didn’t want out at any cost’, he thought his future was better elsewhere, which turned out to be true.