Defectors Watch

adrian lord

We will probably doing the same or something similar with pellegrino

Definitely. Or we might have paid off what he's owed already. Pretty standard stuff.

It's the fact that in this case, they had to pay Koeman so much to prise him away from us, he utterly failed, and now they're still paying the vast majority of that for the next few years... that makes it funny.

Definitely. Or we might have paid off what he's owed already. Pretty standard stuff.

It's the fact that in this case, they had to pay Koeman so much to prise him away from us, he utterly failed, and now they're still paying the vast majority of that for the next few years... that makes it funny.

utterly failed? Finished 7th (15 points above us in 8th) and got Everton into Europe.

Was then sacked after multiple player changes and a poor start.

I’m really enjoying seeing 4 former saints players given Man City a run around smug in the knowledge we’ve made a £40 odd million profit and retained the net spend trophy again.

£30 million for Mane: a bargain at double that price. Nice one Les.

Reasons to be unhappy if Liverpool win the tie:

1) Citeh won't have a CL to distract them before our final match against them

2) VVD

3) Lovren

4) Lallana

£30 million for Mane: a bargain at double that price. Nice one Les.

2) VVD

3) Lovren

4) Lallana

5)The media w^nkfest

6)those loveable scallies who attacked the City coach

The scenes prior to the match will be swept under the carpet to protect the media's love child.

They should be made to play their next home champions league game behind closed doors , how the city players were supposed to perform after going thru that I'll never know !

You have to give credits to Liverpool black box which can find real talents especislly from us at relatvely cheap prices. We start to be aware who is fool in those transactions.

What a load of balls. If they got them cheap then that is due to the players either not wanting to sign a long term contract or just wanting to move to a bigger club - LFC (love or hate them) are a far bigger club than us. Admittedly all based on passed glories but still bigger no matter what you want to use to compare.

What a load of balls. If they got them cheap then that is due to the players either not wanting to sign a long term contract or just wanting to move to a bigger club - LFC (love or hate them) are a far bigger club than us. Admittedly all based on passed glories but still bigger no matter what you want to use to compare.

Past glories ? Did we beat City in an ECL quarter final first leg recently then ? They're just a bigger club point. always have been, always will be, probably just because Liverpool is a far bigger city where football is kind of important.

Wouldn't make any difference, if anything it would be better to have them with their flip flops on rather than finely tuned in preparation for the CL final.

Past glories ? Did we beat City in an ECL quarter final first leg recently then ? They're just a bigger club point. always have been, always will be, probably just because Liverpool is a far bigger city where football is kind of important.

You have bought into the media love in as well then? Football is only important in Liverpool? What a crock of ****e...

They are a bigger club. Yes but for the same reason Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea etc etc are big clubs...

They had a successful spell in the past...look at Chelsea..when I was growing up they were in the second division and when in the top division they struggled.

One successful spell later (due to a billionaires money) and they are a massive club..same goes for Man City. Arsenal did it back in the Chapman days..

Liverpool are 100% a big club but 100% due to past glories...if they hadn't had that they would be the same as Everton right now..one of the make up the numbers team... Football city my Arse.

Jay Rodriguez has just scored his 10th goal this season to put West Brom ahead. I'm not saying he's great but he's a hell of a lot better than any striker we've got in our squad, with the possible exception of Austin on the rare occasions he can play, and at £12m, an absolute bargain compared to the £19m we paid for Guido Carrillo. It's another example of the shambles our transfer policy has been in the last couple of years, during which our club's board has both weakened the squad and squandered money. If we could have bought Rodriguez instead of Carrillo in January, we'd have had a better chance of staying up and yes I know West Brom are getting relegated but Rodriguez has been one of the few bright spots for them this season and might well have scored 15+ goals in a better team.

Rodriguez was done for us, he looked an absolute shadow. The move away is what's sparked his almost return to form.

His winning and equalizing goals still won us 5 points last season, without which we'd have finished 9 places lower in the league. Imagine what a difference they'd have made this season compared to Carrillo and Long.

It's only his sixth league goal, which is nothing really that spectacular for almost a full season of regular football.

True, I'd rather have him than Long or Carrillo but I'd say that about 99% of strikers out there. He needed a fresh start and I'm glad to see he is having a respectable season at West Brom.

It's only his sixth league goal, which is nothing really that spectacular for almost a full season of regular football.

True, I'd rather have him than Long or Carrillo but I'd say that about 99% of strikers out there. He needed a fresh start and I'm glad to see he is having a respectable season at West Brom.

It's his 10th goal so far this season.

True, but selling him without a replacement (and loaning out Gallagher for the whole season) when we were already short up front was criminal.

His winning and equalizing goals still won us 5 points last season, without which we'd have finished 9 places lower in the league. Imagine what a difference they'd have made this season compared to Carrillo and Long.

Got to agree with you Nordic. Another disasterous sale. Perhaps a better manager than the other idiot may have bought him back to form for us. We will never know.

^ Liverpool will be genuine title contenders next season.

God, how many times is next season going to be their year. They are 17 points behind City, who also have a better goal difference & a game in hand. City will address their weaknesses in the summer. They'll get a world class left back in, probably get a centre midfielder & maybe another striker. Players like Sane & Jesus will get better with another season under their belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God, how many times is next season going to be their year. They are 17 points behind City, who also have a better goal difference & a game in hand. City will address their weaknesses in the summer. They'll get a world class left back in, probably get a centre midfielder & maybe another striker. Players like Sane & Jesus will get better with another season under their belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because something happened this season does not imply it will happen next. You could apply your above stats to Chelsea over City the season before,

Liverpool are stronger than they’ve been for years. Don’t think they could have possibly envisaged Salah’s impact plus still have most of the Coutinho money. Despite irritating a number of people on here Klopp is clearly a v good coach and players want to play for him. So as much as it grates they are in a very healthy place.

Oh Virgil :lol:
While I could barely give a monkey's toss about the top 6 and their European exploits, I would however find City turning around a 3-0 deficit very funny. City are just the team that could do it too - especially with the fallibility of the Liverpool defence.