Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Adkins doing a grand job at Hull it seems.

And typical always wanting Fulham to win as a good away and now we will miss them gong the other way.

Beat me to it. Last two matches 4-0 and 5-0 victories.

Clearly showing Marco Silva how to get Hull actually out of a relegation predicament.

Go on my son.

I can't be the only one who will be extremely bitter and gutted if the victims win the CL??

The worst thing about it all is that they wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for bending us over every single summer since NC left.

Lets hope they get Roma and get a good hiding (on and off the pitch).

Why should we be bitter ? We sold them players with more ambition than SFC for a lot of money (which we have since wasted on dross). In fact the ECL success of Liverpool so far and our current dilema just bears out the players desire to leave us for a bigger club. The only thing to be bitter about just now is the mismanagement of SFC.

City should have bid for VVD as it would have strengthened them and not Liverpool. Different result over the two legs if he had been in a blue shirt

Perhaps but Lovren had a better game than VvD last night. The two however make a good pair. Anyway City were unwilling to pay the asking price so that's kind of their problem.

City should have bid for VVD as it would have strengthened them and not Liverpool. Different result over the two legs if he had been in a blue shirt

I've a nasty feeling that that bit of £75m business we did with Liverpool in January will result in them winning the Champions League, and us heading into the Championship!

Why should we be bitter ? We sold them players with more ambition than SFC for a lot of money (which we have since wasted on dross). In fact the ECL success of Liverpool so far and our current dilema just bears out the players desire to leave us for a bigger club. The only thing to be bitter about just now is the mismanagement of SFC.

Spot on!

I've a nasty feeling that that bit of £75m business we did with Liverpool in January will result in them winning the Champions League, and us heading into the Championship!

Please God, no. I've resigned myself to the saints getting relegated, but I'm not sure I can take the dippers winning the CL at the same time.

Liverpool won't beat Bayern or Real Madrid over two legs.

They are in decent form at the moment, but look at them in the league they are not some super club, they are top 4-6 club who have a player who is having a once in a lifetime season.

They still have issues all over the pitch, and neither Madrid, Bayern or Roma will press high against them like City did. Klopp is just good at countering Pep, always has been but Real especially are just a class above them.

Ronaldo will score like 4 if he's matched up against Lovren and is facing karius.

Next year they'll be battling for top 4 as usual and likely either Salah will have gone onto PSG or Real or he'll just not be as effective.

Liverpool won't beat Bayern or Real Madrid over two legs.

They are in decent form at the moment, but look at them in the league they are not some super club, they are top 4-6 club who have a player who is having a once in a lifetime season.

They still have issues all over the pitch, and neither Madrid, Bayern or Roma will press high against them like City did. Klopp is just good at countering Pep, always has been but Real especially are just a class above them.

Ronaldo will score like 4 if he's matched up against Lovren and is facing karius.

Next year they'll be battling for top 4 as usual and likely either Salah will have gone onto PSG or Real or he'll just not be as effective.

This year's results in the ECL have shown that anything is possible. I mean who expected Roma to pull back 3 goals against Barcelona. These knockout rounds are one off occasions that start at 50-50. Liverpool were impressive over the 2 legs against City and you just can't write them off. With their front trio they can score at any time against anyone.

Don't know about that. He gave away the first goal last night.

If the officials hadn't made such a terrible decision to rule out the Sane goal I expect City would have gone through.

If the officials hadn't made such a terrible decision to rule out the Sane goal I expect City would have gone through.

The ref was a total melt last night. Incredible that this is the standard supplied for such big games

Perhaps VVD wanted to go to a great club with passionate supporters which has great success over the last 50 years or more.

And Salah (or was it Firmino?) was offside for one of L'pool's goals in the first leg.

Had VAR been used it is highly likely that City would have gone through, first leg, Liverpool offside goal given, City onside goal ruled out and should've had a penalty. Can totally understand why Pep is miffed, but perhaps Liverpool's name is on the cup.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

So, JRod has been 'cleared' of his racism charge. 'Not proven' was the verdict - no testimony was strong enough to be proven the correct version, so it was dismissed.

I'm pleased about this - I never put him down as a racist. Gobby at times, maybe, but not crossing the line.

Also good to see several current & former Saints players being counted as character witnesses for him: Lallana, Kelvin, Yoshi, Long, as well as Pochettino.

Saints are a "small club" you can't really blame players for wanting to jump ship and play for clubs that might actually achieve something.... Saints have no ambition. Stupid decision and selling the best assets and not replacing them has come back and royally bitten us in the arse. We will do a Sunderland next season. What about our new owner? He doesn't give a damm either... Fair play to Liverpool they are a quality team.

I see Juanmi scored twice tonight for Real Sociedad in their 3-0 win over Athletico Madrid.

Pleased for him, another poor buy by us though. Not suited for this league at all really.

Another example that we tried to build a Barcelona-lite team with small/tricky/passing players. We'd probably do alright in La Liga.

Pleased for him, another poor buy by us though. Not suited for this league at all really.

Another example that we tried to build a Barcelona-lite team with small/tricky/passing players. We'd probably do alright in La Liga.

It was obvious he was bought in to be used in the Europa League for the 2015-16 season *****il Koeman truly messed that up vs Midjtylland).

He certainly would have been utilised more if we kept him on last year with Puel.

but yes, hope he does well. I look at most other PL teams and you see strong CB's good in both the air and in their defensive duties, and everyone else seems to have that explosive winger with an ability to beat a man. We have JWP and Tadic as our wingers. They will never beat a defender.

Contrast Salah’s second goal with Long’s effort on Sunday :scared:

Mo Salah is a wonderful player. Pompey fans, for example, have never seen him play live and probably never will do. Seeing great players and even occasionally a few of them like Mane playing for us is one of the things I'm going to miss about the Premier League. . I know it's unfashionable to be a football fan, as opposed to a hater of all footballers, but I am. If I just wanted to drink with my mates, buy cheap tickets, always have 3 O' clock Saturday kick-offs and support a local team, I'd go to watch Sholing instead. But, as a football fan, I enjoy good quality football and when Saints win games at the highest level it's even better.

Contrast Salah’s second goal with Long’s effort on Sunday :scared:
Completely different situations to be fair. Long was in the penalty box at full sprint when he took his first touch.

Call it bitter if you like, this is tough to watch and kind of emphasises to me that I am done with top level English football. So unbalanced in favour of the top teams. These fans -who have been quiet and absent during their "dark times" - will never know what it's like to actually suffer following your team.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Completely different situations to be fair. Long was in the penalty box at full sprint when he took his first touch.

Call it bitter if you like, this is tough to watch and kind of emphasises to me that I am done with top level English football. So unbalanced in favour of the top teams. These fans -who have been quiet and absent during their "dark times" - will never know what it's like to actually suffer following your team.

this

All the leagues are unbalanced

Not to this extent. Teams in the lower leagues can progress and become the best in the league from any situation. Once in the prem you will never get anywhere close to being the best.

Not really. What chance did Dagenham and Redbridge have against saints. Or against half of the league when we were in league 1

We had a billionaire backer/owner, they had a couple of thousand and a few grey hounds

Not really. What chance did Dagenham and Redbridge have against saints. Or against half of the league when we were in league 1

We had a billionaire backer/owner, they had a couple of thousand and a few grey hounds

In that one season yes, we were much better than them. But what chance do Barnsley have against Sunderland, etc. You've also had to go back to 2011 to find an example of a huge imbalance.

Don't try and pretend the premier league is every bit as competitive as the lower leagues, or that the corrupt FFP rules don't restrict clubs from ever attempting to consistently break into the top 6.

In that one season yes, we were much better than them. But what chance do Barnsley have against Sunderland, etc. You've also had to go back to 2011 to find an example of a huge imbalance.

Don't try and pretend the premier league is every bit as competitive as the lower leagues, or that the corrupt FFP rules don't restrict clubs from ever attempting to consistently break into the top 6.

The prem is more skewed yes, but we finished 8th, 7th and 6th. We willingly sold the team off. As Brendan Rogers said, we were in course to be a champions league club........ granted we probably would not but I do not buy it for a second that we had to sell so many so quickly.

The prem is more skewed yes, but we finished 8th, 7th and 6th. We willingly sold the team off. As Brendan Rogers said, we were in course to be a champions league club........ granted we probably would not but I do not buy it for a second that we had to sell so many so quickly.
We should have been able to keep who we wanted and progress, push on, for the champions league.

We saw this season what keeping players who want to leave does. Another symptom of the imbalance at this level.

It's easier for people to process it and cope by believing we simply had to sell.

One look at Spurs proves it's completely nonsense.

We sold out, fans accepted it. Were now ****ed

We should have been able to keep who we wanted and progress, push on, for the champions league.

We saw this season what keeping players who want to leave does. Another symptom of the imbalance at this level.

That is one player. What about when we told Morgan to stay, he was pretty good.

We could have dug our heels in like we initially did with VVD and ended up with sulking ,dummy spitting twinks. They went,all for decent fees,which were either salted away or p1ssed away.

We could have dug our heels in like we initially did with VVD and ended up with sulking ,dummy spitting twinks. They went,all for decent fees,which were either salted away or p1ssed away.

What if they didn’t.

Not all players or people are the same

We simply cannot be the only club that had to sell so many players over such a short space of time for no reason than being quite good