Shane Long

doggface

Hull City manager Steve Bruce says Southampton's £12m bid for striker Shane Long was too good to turn down.

According to the Hull Daily Mail, Southampton's initial bid was close to the £7m Hull paid to sign the 27-year-old striker from West Bromwich Albion in January, but when that was rejected the offer rose to £9m and then on to the figure which was accepted by the club on Tuesday night.

"We'd not been looking to sell Shane but it's a fantastic offer and we've decided to accept it, and to be honest with you, we'd have accepted 10m" Bruce tells the newspaper. "The challenge is always to become bigger and better and this money will be put towards strengthening again. Whether you are Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi, everyone in football has got their price. Myself and the owners didn't want to lose Shane but we accept it's a very good offer, especially when you consider what we paid in January. I've got no issues."

What wasn't said in bold.

Welcome Shane! I'll be as much of a **** as everyone else in the rumours and build up, but once signed you have my full support!

Can't doubt his energy and workrate, antithesis of Osvaldo and I have a feeling he'll beat his goal tally! In fact, I bet Long scores more for us than Osvaldo does for Inter this season.

Maybe just. Another super underwhelming signing.

Welcome aboard I guess.

Good signing for us, although watching the armchair football managers pretend they'd know what the fúck to do with £12m was a grim spectacle to see. Very different types of threat going forward now, which could be very interesting.

Welcome aboard, Mr Long.

Good luck SHane. Lot of money, but it is now a days to get a striker from the prem. If he gets 12+ will be worth it. Still a good age. ANd has potential re-sale. In the right team he should do well. Not the next level signing I was hoping for, but a solid signing.

Welcome Shlong! Be interested to see what shirt number he's given, if he doesn't get 7 that might indicate a marquee signing on the horizon?

Hope he doesn't get 7 because loads of wally Saints fans will give him stick about it and heap even more pressure on him than his price tag has.

He has never scored 10 PL goals in a season before, if he does this year then he has done his job.

Welbeck isn't leaving Man Utd.

See this....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2724399/Danny-Welbeck-targeted-Hull-Man-United-striker-faces-bit-role-new-boss-Louis-van-Gaal.html

and this... http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-uniteds-danny-welbeck-transfer-4046635

Watch them be taken down by this afternoon.

See....

(Mirror will be down tomorrow).

I notice he mentions the formation will suit him. Not quite sure where he's been signed to fit into the formation' date=' unless it's instead of Pelle?[/quote']

I assumed he'd be running the channels or whatever, is that not his game?