Shane Long

doggface

Welcome aboard Shane.

I know there's a lot of Welbeck haters on here but if he ends up at Hull for not much more than we've paid for Long I'll think we've got the wrong end of the deal. Not unhappy as things stand though. Would be nice to get a decent CB sharpish in though.

Welcome aboard Shane.

I know there's a lot of Welbeck haters on here but if he ends up at Hull for not much more than we've paid for Long I'll think we've got the wrong end of the deal. Not unhappy as things stand though. Would be nice to get a decent CB sharpish in though.

Don't worry, I can assure you he won't end up at Hull.

Well all signings dont need to take Long time as we can see by this but maybe people on this board will learn why some transfers take Long time while some others dont.

If you want a non Long solution you have to pay a bit over the odds......wait a minute, this just was o Long solution for us....but done rather quickly...

I´ll grab me longcoat...

Welcome aboard Shane.

Sounds like we have a CB! Don't think this is a good signing but hope he defies his statistics and is good. Gardos sounds promising.

Ignore the fee, take that away from it.

We've signed a player who I feel is a perfect fit for us, in every way. He brings attributes we were lacking and he plays in a way which will compliment what we already have. I think he's a handful, very quick and will cause defenders a nightmare.

He'll probably end up a fans favourite here.

Well all signings dont need to take Long time as we can see by this but maybe people on this board will learn why some transfers take Long time while some others dont.

If you want a non Long solution you have to pay a bit over the odds......wait a minute, this just was o Long solution for us....but done rather quickly...

I´ll grab me longcoat...

Pros about Long:

Use-by dates

Hair

Penises

Negs about Long:

Waits

Journeys

Noses

£12m includes ALL of the add-ons. Initial fee of around £7-8m.

Exactly, that seems fair and if he helps us in the cups or up in the league then the rest of the money will follow but we would have to hit success anyway so it's not as bad as some are making out or panicking about.

The amount of money we've made this summer can quite easily cover it anyway.

Exactly, and that's something he doesn't do particularly well. Remy was going to Liverpool for £8.5m and we've paid £12m for Long. It makes no sense at all. Not impressed but always willing to be proved wrong.

Don't be a ****ing dunce, Remy has an 8.5m release clause for CL teams, QPR want 20m from anyone else.

A little underwhelmed when I first heard the rumours, but RK wants him as a team player to work with Pelle rather than as an individual. I remember when Shane and Lukaku did as over at SMS in our first season back in the PL. So welcome Shane, we shall be cheering your goals.

Underwhelmed and massively overpriced.

Not sure how we can sign a player who signed for Hull just 6 months ago for £7 million, scores just 4 goals and we then pay 5£ million more for him.

Strikes me as a last resort signing because we know we only have Pelle and our other targets went elsewhere. Less plan B, more plan E or maybe even F.

I know he wouldn't say, but I wonder how many goals Long sets himself as a target. 27 years old, no disrespect to Hull or WBA but I see this as his biggest move, probably biggest wage.

If he's ever going to have a good scoring season, this is the chance. I think 12 is realistic. Finishing is erratic but so is Rodriguez's and he got 15. It's a different game now, not like the days when the top strikers were all scoring 25-30 and rubbish ones got 10-12. Now if you get double figures you're pretty good!

It would be nice if this bro could at least equal his record haul for prem goals. So, 8.

Not sure how we can sign a player who signed for Hull just 6 months ago for £7 million, scores just 4 goals and we then pay 5£ million more for him.

Strikes me as a last resort signing because we know we only have Pelle and our other targets went elsewhere. Less plan B, more plan E or maybe even F.

Well no one really knows the exact price but money in the bank doesn't get you points. Let's give the lad a chance before knocking him, I think he will be a success.

Ignore the fee, take that away from it.

We've signed a player who I feel is a perfect fit for us, in every way. He brings attributes we were lacking and he plays in a way which will compliment what we already have. I think he's a handful, very quick and will cause defenders a nightmare.

He'll probably end up a fans favourite here.

Agree 100% - he's got attributes that we lack in a striker and one who will endear himself to the fans with his work rate. People are getting too caught up on fees, with the money we've earned from player sales and tv deals this season we can afford him, especially with Sharp off the wage budget too.

Welcome Shane!

if we have to pay hull 12million he would of been a massive hit 8million with 4 million add on

Well no one really knows the exact price but money in the bank doesn't get you points. Let's give the lad a chance before knocking him, I think he will be a success.

Duncan the boy has been a high tempo pain in the arse for lots of sides for years. I am really pleased we have signed him. Tadic and Ramirez will love playing with him, the missing link for Pelle to flourish. Plays like an angry wasp.

Duncan the boy has been a high tempo pain in the arse for lots of sides for years. I am really pleased we have signed him. Tadic and Ramirez will love playing with him, the missing link for Pelle to flourish. Plays like an angry wasp.

Spot on! His game is so much more than the stats suggest. He makes so much space for other attacking players

This - spot on. Like an 'angry wasp', nice analogy. I wonder how many assists he's provided in his career.

Agree 100% - he's got attributes that we lack in a striker and one who will endear himself to the fans with his work rate. People are getting too caught up on fees, with the money we've earned from player sales and tv deals this season we can afford him, especially with Sharp off the wage budget too.

Welcome Shane!

Agree 100%, think he'll prove a great signing for us.

I suppose when we signed Peter Crouch people had a similar reaction and he ended up becoming a regular for England.

He might not get into the England team, but hopefully he'll score loads and loads of goals for us.

Bet you he never plays for England.

I think he's overpriced but you have to remember that he had a 4year contract like our boys that had to be bought out. I thought JRod was overpriced when we bought him but can't say he wasn't value for money and in 2/3 years will probably think the same about Long because he is a very good player.