Millwall 0 Saints 2

Batman

MotM vs Millwall (League Cup Rnd 2 Away 2014/15)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Millwall (League Cup Rnd 2 Away 2014/15)

• Forster
    • Targett
    • Clyne
    • Yoshida
    • Fonte
    • Wanyama
    • Davis, S
    • Isgrove
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Long
    • Pelle
    • Tadic
    • Cork
    • Ramirez

Got there in the end. I'm made up for Pelle and really pleased to hear our fans cheering him on when the going got tough. Let's kick on from here boys!

Whatever Koeman said at half-time... it worked.

Cork for Wanyama was a good substitution - head up a bit more and moving the ball quickly in the absence of Morgan.

bloody hell....if ever there was a game of 2 halves that was it. Shocking first half and then showed real grit, tenacity and skill to overrun Millwall second half.

Pelle looked a different player and playing the ball into feet made a huge difference.

Have to say that I think Cork made the real difference when he came on and deserves a starting position based on that performance.

Fair play to Pelle, he came good tonight and while he missed a few his 1st touch and passing was better. But before we all get too carried away, let's not forget that was against Millwall. I hope that gives him some confidence to move forward. Not a classic cup match really - Easter was a bit of a handful, but the rest of 'em were not much. Good win - next.

COYR

Dog awful 1st half. Best not mention it.

2nd half, we zipped it around, stopped hoofing from the CB position and got it wide quicker.

Some of the ref'ing was a bit iffy.

Targett looked decent on his debut

Tadic was dangerous as expected

Cork was excellent when he came on. Not signing him up on a new deal in nuts

Pelle arrived today. Put a real shift in, the 2nd half especially. Did everything but score UNTIL he put away a good effort. nice one

Cork my MoM with Pelle a very close 2nd

Edited by Batman

Got there in the end. I'm made up for Pelle and really pleased to hear our fans cheering him on when the going got tough. Let's kick on from here boys!

Cork for Wanyama was a good substitution - head up a bit more and moving the ball quickly in the absence of Morgan.

If that was the case with the support for Pelle than that's really good. We really need the fans behind the lads right now, it will help the bedding in process go so much more smoothly.

Cracking goal by Pelle, missed the Cork one unfortunately, but sounds like the second half was a massive improvement!

I like Pelle, hope he really starts to fire up this season now.

Pelle just got better and better as soon as that useless Long was taken off. So happy for Pelle. He's going to be a Saints legend. As for Long, get that Number 7 shirt off you useless non entity. You bring shame to Number 7

Only saw the second half, should have scored loads more but general play was far better. Still to click in the final third - a bit disappointing to see it not happen against a very poor team but these things can take time.

I never want to see Shane Long on the wing at all. He either plays up front or not at all please. Watching him out there makes my eyes bleed.

Pelle just got better and better as soon as that useless Long was taken off. So happy for Pelle. He's going to be a Saints legend. As for Long, get that Number 7 shirt off you useless non entity. You bring shame to Number 7

He come off at around 89 mins, WTF?

The first half was diabolical, utter dog ****e stuff. Reminded me of our **** days back in the bottom of the NPC. Can't recall anything of interest.

2nd half, we came out like we'd had a rocket shoved up our arses. Why didn't they start like that? More pace, more pressing, more intent to attack. We took the **** in the 2nd half and the gulf was so clear to see, whereas it wasn't in the first half.

You've got to hand it to Pelle, kept missing (not sitters by any means) and kept coming back, again and again and again. He was always going to get one eventually as he kept getting in the area's and making himself available in the 2nd half, it was much better from him.

Still lots to be done. I Just hope I never, ever, ever see us play like we did again in that first half. We'd get destroyed by PL teams if we did.

Aha, the scapegoat coat has just been handed to Long. Oh dear.