Millwall 0 Saints 2

Batman

MotM vs Millwall (League Cup Rnd 2 Away 2014/15)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Millwall (League Cup Rnd 2 Away 2014/15)

• Forster
    • Targett
    • Clyne
    • Yoshida
    • Fonte
    • Wanyama
    • Davis, S
    • Isgrove
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Long
    • Pelle
    • Tadic
    • Cork
    • Ramirez

The first half was diabolical, utter dog ****e stuff. Reminded me of our **** days back in the bottom of the NPC. Can't recall anything of interest.

2nd half, we came out like we'd had a rocket shoved up our arses. Why didn't they start like that? More pace, more pressing, more intent to attack. We took the **** in the 2nd half and the gulf was so clear to see, whereas it wasn't in the first half.

You've got to hand it to Pelle, kept missing (not sitters by any means) and kept coming back, again and again and again. He was always going to get one eventually as he kept getting in the area's and making himself available in the 2nd half, it was much better from him.

Still lots to be done. I Just hope I never, ever, ever see us play like we did again in that first half. We'd get destroyed by PL teams if we did.

Agreed that first half was about as bad as I can recall Saints playing. Second half, thogh, showed what the team could be: much more energy, much crisper, more incisive passing, players seemed to actually know each other and what to expect.

I thought Long played well in that second half: good running down the flanks, stretching the defense and making space inside.

Clyne and Targett played well, both defensively and providing overlaps in attack.

Pelle missed a few, but also brought out an excellent save from Forde, and shaved the post with a terrific header. And his goal was class. The way he stuck to it, made himself available, and got on the end of scoring chances, promises well. Hope the goal will be the first of many.

Cork made a big impact obviously, coming on and being more forward thinking in midfield.

My MoM though: Tadic. Almost everything good we did in the 2nd half flowed from or through Tadic. Skill, control, vision, touch: this guy is key to the way we play when we play well, so far. Hope he stays fit, because I don't see another creative force in the team at the moment.

Great game. We were poor first half. Static and could have gone in at least one down against better quality. Pelle kept going. He's got a big heart, fluffed a few chances but deserved to score. Looked like a great weight off him and he will score on Saturday now. Best moment in a long time was jack cork scoring. Great reaction from him and supporters. Surely we have to sign him up quickly. Ramirez bit on long but if he can get a run and stay uninjured think he could be special. Some great touches tonight. In the end decent match and very good result. Mill wall kept going but lacked the quality to hurt us in the end.

Pretty solid I thought, not much attacking input, but solid in a defensive sense - if not really tested a great deal.

So, pretty promising then.

And if we want a lucky omen then I think Bale also made his debut v Millwall.

Long was substituted after 91 minutes ART.

Not so. Watch the match replay. 89 minutes! The match continued for 6 minutes during which Pelle played with freedom and class, scoring his goal in the 93rd minute. long after Long had left. Long is a waste of space and waste of 12 million.

On the train on the way home...

Forster - Not a lot to do, but did what he needed well - 7

Clyne - Classic Clyne performance, good at the back, dangerous going forward - 8

Fonte - Too many long balls, no need. Should have given away a penalty - 6

Yoshida - Alright - 7

Targett - Mixed performance. Looked good in parts, looked awful in parts. Crossing wasn't great - 6

Wanyama - Wasn't interested - 4

Ward Prowse - wasn't great. Hardly noticed him until the 2nd half - 5

Davis - Ditto - 5

Isgrove - Not good enough. Went off injured - 4

Long - Awful for much of the game. No threat, crossing poor - 4

Pelle - Wasn't supported well, much better second half when seemed like he was on a mission. Good to see him get a goal - 7

Tadic - Cut above - 7

Cork - Controlled the game - 8

Ramirez - Looked up for it and looked good - 7

Game of two halves. The fans really got behind Pelle second half. Small disagreement with the guy behind as he kept on doing donkey noises.

Who the hell would try to claim that was intentional :lol:

Funny, I thought it was intentional based on the fact that a) he looks the way the pass goes first and b) the pass with the left comes with too big a pause before the fake cross with the left for it to be a mistake.

Not so. Watch the match replay. 89 minutes! The match continued for 6 minutes during which Pelle played with freedom and class, scoring his goal in the 93rd minute. long after Long had left. Long is a waste of space and waste of 12 million.

Good to see that you've given adequate time to judge Long then. He didn't train during the week as he had a knock, so can't really judge him as a player purely on today. Don't think the formation we played early on helped either, and Koeman acknowledged that.

Funny, I thought it was intentional based on the fact that a) he looks the way the pass goes first and b) the pass with the left comes with too big a pause before the fake cross with the left for it to be a mistake.

100% intentional, clearly... nice bit of skill.

I asked during the game if it was intentional as my stream resembled minecraft.. I'm not convinced it was.

Clyne motm

Everyone was a bit mediocre first half, took a table being thrown at everyone for it to get better.

Targett looked decent and should develop well with Beretrand taking the 1st team pressure off him

Pellé looked better once he got a few shots off and once everyone gets in the grove together they'll all be good.

Millwall were turd

Thanks for those who were at the game posting their comments .

I know we have some bad performances but some on here take great pleasure with their constant anti player, manager etc comments .

I don't mind differing opinions but at least get behind the team/ manager no matter how bad we are playing . If we had van gaal as our manager We would have a lynch mob out there tonight looking for him.

I'm really excited we have RK as our manager . The team will need time to adjust to the new format but we will be a force to reckon with in my humble opinion

Perform like that Saturday and we'll get smashed. Even with the second half performance, too much sloppy and disjointed play.

Happy for Pelle and his desire to keep going. If Shane Long was named Sandros Longhino and had chiselled, rogueish looks, he would be the one getting the flak. What a criminal first touch. Our poorest player tonight by some distance.

No way it was intentional imo.

Really?

He looks at the player making the run, he weights and directs the pass to feet and fake crosses a second or so after hitting the ball with his left...

Can't understand how anyone thinks that was unintentional.

How did Targett play ?

Just back from the match. Thought Targett played really well and showed a lot of promise tonight against a decent Millwall side. Looks like we are well covered in this position.

Perform like that Saturday and we'll get smashed. Even with the second half performance, too much sloppy and disjointed play.

Happy for Pelle and his desire to keep going. If Shane Long was named Sandros Longhino and had chiselled, rogueish looks, he would be the one getting the flak. What a criminal first touch. Our poorest player tonight by some distance.

In fairness after tonight game West ham might be saying the same thing.......

I can't believe there are people who don't think Shane Long's dummy was deliberate. How stupid are you? He took about 6 stutter steps before it to line it up, looked towards a completely different side of the pitch, passed it with his standing foot directly to Clyne, and despite swinging his dummying leg up to waist height he didn't even lose his balance.

If you can't see that's a superb piece of skill you may as well give up watching football.

Indeed. Great support for the lad as chances kept coming and he kept missing. Superb effort from the travelling fans.

Superb support tonight. Was a pleasure to be part of. Pelle worked hard for us and was appreciated in his doing so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe there are people who don't think Shane Long's dummy was deliberate. How stupid are you? He took about 6 stutter steps before it to line it up, looked towards a completely different side of the pitch, passed it with his standing foot directly to Clyne, and despite swinging his dummying leg up to waist height he didn't even lose his balance.

If you can't see that's a superb piece of skill you may as well give up watching football.

So obviously meant to do it. Could see it live in the stadium. Can't understand how anyone can question it.

Exactly this.

You'd have to be some sort of mouth-breathing idiot to think otherwise.

Thought Pelle's attitude was excellent tonight. Never stopped working, never let his head drop despite things not always going his way, never stopped asking for the ball, and got into some great positions. Fans really got behind him too and he said afterwards how much it helped him (see what happens when you encourage a player?). Clearly grew in confidence and hugely deserved his goal. Hopefully the first of many.

Just got back. Good support from our fans. Proud of the way we sang for Pelle, you could tell he appreciated it.

Goes to show that the people who really care and make the effort to travel for an away game in the League Cup are the true supporters, not the reactionary idiots that start tutting and whining after 10 minutes at St Mary's.

Glad to see Cork notch a goal which means I was there when Franny, Morgan and Cork scored their first goals. Just gutted I missed Lundekvam's!

Anyone who remembers Henry doing that, can see he ment to do it

I just watched that and can't believe Theirry Henri can fluff the ball so many times. Just like Long, everyone of them was unintentional, you can see from his body language. Over and over again in the same way. :lol:

Well done Shane Long. If people don't know if it was intentional or not, is a great bit of skill.