Leicester Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

I have calculated, using science, that the final score will be 2-0 saints pls

Meagre win then, I expect us to score at least 5 (well OK then at least 3), Leicester are crap, relegation fodder along with the other 2 promoted sides. Think it might be a 3 of 3 relegation scenario for the promoted sides this season, proving that the financial gap has now become too wide to bridge.

For some silly reason I think we are gonna lose tomorrow 2-1 with both Nugent & Ulloa scoring. Hope im wrong!!!!!! Maybe I am remembering the Saints of old & we are not that team anymore.

Memories of the past have instilled within me the belief that a St Mary's sellout crowd often coincides with a sub-par performance from the Saints. Hoping that this is another part of the 'Saints fan' mentality that can be laid to rest this weekend.

Nugent will likely score, in the same way Charlie Austin always seems to against us.

is Nugent any good. Every time he plays against us he seems a very good player and causes us all sorts of problems, but he never seems to be able to notch in the top flight against anyone else.

As if! I would never make schoolboy error like that, I look forward to Sat when I shall rub my science in ur face!

Your kind of science deserves much respect and even a bow from me. I merely followed the old Indian (of North America, not Delhi you see) trick of praying quickly then throwing breadcrumbs in the air. The way they fell tell me that it will be 3-0. Sorry to disagree with your text book method, honest. Or it could be the wind moved them.

Looking at the fixtures 4 of the top 6 have very winnable games and Arsenal and Swansea play each other we could do with a good result from this game (and the villa game) to give us a little cushion going into three tough games after that. Of course if QPR can some how beat citeh :lol: I wouldn't mind

Edited by doddisalegend

is Nugent any good. Every time he plays against us he seems a very good player and causes us all sorts of problems, but he never seems to be able to notch in the top flight against anyone else.

According to one of our Foxes friends, apparently not:

"I don't think Southampton should be worried about Nugent. He apparently "loves a goal" against most clubs, but then comes on and looks less of a goal threat than Kasper."

Meagre win then, I expect us to score at least 5 (well OK then at least 3), Leicester are crap, relegation fodder along with the other 2 promoted sides. Think it might be a 3 of 3 relegation scenario for the promoted sides this season, proving that the financial gap has now become too wide to bridge.

That has definitely put the weeji jeebies on it now.

Wait and see, they are shîte, Championship side full of championship players. NPC sides used to come up and wreak havoc on occasions, this season they're only here for the money.

Taking a leaf out of Liverpool's book? ;-)

Wait and see, they are shîte, Championship side full of championship players. NPC sides used to come up and wreak havoc on occasions, this season they're only here for the money.

They stuck 5 past Man Utd. Teams that have just been promoted have been struggling for many years in the top flight, no different to Leicester, hard work for them, but they're making a fight of it.

I don't think Leicester are ****, far from it. I actually feel they're one of the best of the 3 promoted sides this year, not just down to quality, but they've got a decent team ethos and organisation there - more so than the other sides. They remind me of us when we first came back, a settled side who are organised - ultimately lacking a touch of quality here and there, but they're not ****.

I don't think Leicester are ****, far from it. I actually feel they're one of the best of the 3 promoted sides this year, not just down to quality, but they've got a decent team ethos and organisation there - more so than the other sides. They remind me of us when we first came back, a settled side who are organised - ultimately lacking a touch of quality here and there, but they're not ****.

Seems about right

One of the best? There's only 3!

Nugent will be a problem if we give him stick, Hammond will want to show us he 'IS' a prem player and if Clyne & Bertrand get too carried away with pushing up they'll do what they did to man utd on us. Other than that we should win, :uhoh:

Leicester are a good Pearson team. Well organised with a great work rate and they definitely have players to cause of problems. Even though Hammond has looked a bit 'wanting' in the Prem he will step up his game and probably put in a good performance, alongside Cambiasso who still has Top 4 qualities.

Play like we have been, and we'll win, but it won't be easy.

The phrase banana skin keeps on popping up in my mind.

They'll park the bus then build a brick wall around it complete with barbed wire and sentry posts. Nugent will be miles up the pitch on his own, a real 10-0-1 formation.

If they do there is always the danger that if we can't break them down fairly early frustration sets in, the defence get bored, Fraser nods off and Nugent wriggles through with his one chance of the game.

Hopefully they'll come and play but my money's on the bus strategy, 0-0 would be a great result for them.

Either a 1 or 2 - 0 win to us or they'll do a smash and grab 1-0.

Love the "possible banana skin" lines

Saints fans consciously trying not to be arrogant. We should be beating these at home if we are top 6 challengers. They are in poor form at the mo and we are not

Just think back to Villa at home last year. Or League 1, Bristol City, we were top and unbeaten at home at year, they were bottom......