Leicester Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

To be fair Jason our team have had a winning mentality for the past 5 years as we won the JPT, stormed through League 1 and the Championship and on up the Premier League. Never looked back since Mr Liebherr bought the club.

Very good point.

Perhaps it is my own confidence that has reached new heights this season then as opposed to the team itself which as you rightly say have had this mentality for a number of years.

Gazzaniga

McCarthy

Yoshida

Gardos

Targett

Reed

Cork

Isgrove

Davis

Long

Mayuka

Thats the weakest team we can put out without taking the wee with youth IMO. Would it beat Leicester? Would certainly give them a chance. :-) (Only joking Leicester fans!)

Still a decent team if it includes Davis (he gets results with Norn Ireland with worse players around him than those). Perhaps you were meaning to play Kelvin in MF.

Still a decent team if it includes Davis (he gets results with Norn Ireland with worse players around him than those). Perhaps you were meaning to play Kelvin in MF.

Don't under-estimate Leicester. They are determined to stay in the Prem (and deserve to)

I would have put McQueen or Sims or Rowe or someone in there but didn't want to overuse the youth! Technically if everyone was fit then you would put JWP or Gallagher in there.

To be fair Jason our team have had a winning mentality for the past 5 years as we won the JPT, stormed through League 1 and the Championship and on up the Premier League. Never looked back since Mr Liebherr bought the club.

Indeed. Back in the pre-relegation-from PL days I would listen to each game with a sense of dread and impending disaster. For the last three or four years, I listen with an unshakeable feeling of confidence - even when we concede a goal first. It really is weird! But I love it.

:)

You need to post this kind of comment every week now. It really did the trick v Hull. Thanks for being a lucky charm.

If I don't we will lose. Obviously I understand the thinking behind the this is Saints it's too good to be true etc. and tendency to predict a defeat. And of course we have come unstuck against many a underdog in the past.

Think we are just getting better though and confidence amongst players is so high I believe we will win every game ( although would take a point at Chelsea away).

I remember Leicester coming 2 seasons ago, Nugent got loads of stick and stuck 2 past us ! Ok were much better now but complacency is a mistake, remember our last long unbeaten run came to an end against a very unlikely Bristol city ! :scared:

I remember Sunderland coming and getting a 1-0 as well.

And QPR taking advantage of Fox. These are different times.

If I don't we will lose. Obviously I understand the thinking behind the this is Saints it's too good to be true etc. and tendency to predict a defeat. And of course we have come unstuck against many a underdog in the past.

Think we are just getting better though and confidence amongst players is so high I believe we will win every game ( although would take a point at Chelsea away).

I had that feeling ahead of Hull but after that performance - defensively rock solid - now, like you I honestly can't see us dropping points at the moment.

It's not arrogance anymore to say we should get 6 points from our next two games. There just isn't any reason it wouldn't happen, injuries permitting.

At the moment we have transcended all the usual "typical Saints" nonsense we all were all grudgingly comfortable with.

On Saturday we are much better than LCFC and we will win.

I remember Leicester coming 2 seasons ago, Nugent got loads of stick and stuck 2 past us ! Ok were much better now but complacency is a mistake, remember our last long unbeaten run came to an end against a very unlikely Bristol city ! :scared:

Iago Falque's only game for the club!

Horrible evening all round.

Can't wait for this one, will be my 7th game of the season and we've won all the other 6 I've been to so am hoping not to start losing here!

It is a potential banana skin, but they're horribly out of form and we are in a rich vein so realistically we should be winning this one at home. If they come to attack us then we should benefit from that as we are good now at creating space and pulling teams out of position anyway. Their fans aren't too optimistic, are they? Bunch of Alpines!

does anyone know if our scoreboard can show double figures? A lot of the older ones are only designed to show single figure scorelines. It would v.embarrassing if it breaks down before half-time :(

Bear, you're not going to hurt mo' Leicester lurkers with outlandish predictions like double figures.

They are already there, mate. Have been for days.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/97773-southampton-away/

Got a lot of time for Leicester, some good friends of mine are foxes fans and i've always enjoyed away days at their place. Also they're a very similar sized and type of club to us, just not had the good fortune to have the long term investment we've had (i know their owners are minted btw, they've just invested differently to ours).

Also got a lot of time for both Pearson and Hammond, and will be good to see them back, even if i do wonder if they're out of their depth in the premier league (those two that is no Leicester).

As for the game normally in games like this i'd be ****ting a brick and expecting us to slip up, but i really can't see anything other than a home win here and maybe even a big score if we get one early.

So we've sold out with block 43 available as well? Hasn't happened since Coventry at home I think.

yes it has, two weeks ago we sold all of block 43 and some of block 44 for Stoke at home, it wasn't a full house but Stoke didn't bring many.