CONFIRMED - Mane joins Liverpool for £34m + £2m addons

toe_punt

Looking at the two latest posts from guan and KBS and trying to decipher the hidden messages in those pictures

I missed these, what were they?

In response to "Good he had a bad attitude" Guan posted a video of "You got it, (the right stuff)

KBSS followed up with a pic of a guy totally of his head looking like he's on something dancing with 2 cats.

Add that to the knowledge that he "turned up late" a couple of times and there's only one interpretation I can put on it.

In response to "Good he had a bad attitude" Guan posted a video of "You got it, (the right stuff)

KBSS followed up with a pic of a guy totally of his head looking like he's on something dancing with 2 cats.

Add that to the knowledge that he "turned up late" a couple of times and there's only one interpretation I can put on it.

He had a bad attitude, and Kat's dancing (so happy he's gone? and for so much ££).

He had a bad attitude, and Kat's dancing (so happy he's gone? and for so much ££).

I figured Wurzel was pointing to the idea that Mane was always out late partying, matching the picture and why he was late more often than others.

This is a poor piece of work from someone who supposedly understands football.

For me it's pretty obvious. We have a great scouting system that picks up players that others maybe haven't or perhaps aren't prepared to move for while they are unproven.

This coupled with a great infrastructure, good youth system and ability to bring in decent managers mean that for a club of our size and status, we consistently perform well in the league, give those players a platform to flourish and upset a few of the big boys along the way.

Come the end of the season, those unknowns or players who weren't worth the gamble are now very much proven and while they cost more, are now very attractive to the big boys, who in turn are working with much bigger budgets to pay huge transfer fees and wages as sell a story of real opportunity (trophies, CL, status etc).

In the end, the money is too much for us to turn down unless it is deemed business critical (eg. refusing Morgan leaving first time round after all the other sales) and we have confidence that with the huge fees, we'll continue to reinvest well and continue to improve our performances as a whole. Also, forcing players to stay is not usually conducive to getting good performances from them thereafter, dependent on that player's own character.

In short, we are victims of our success. And I'm happy with that - I'd rather be doing what we're doing than be messing about in the lower reaches of the Prem or leagues below.

Maybe in the end, the strategy will fail and if it does, fine, we should all question it, but until then, with our progress over the past 5 years or so, I can't complain.

Now, let's get the right manager in, make some sensible acquisitions and go again. And cheers to Mane, the Villa and City hatricks and the comeback goals against Liverpool will live long in the memory. Liverpool especially (even if it did effectively seal your departure)

3-2-1 ... Ted Rodgers. Rodgers. Brendan. Obviously ;)

funny you should say that. Alan Brazil said this morning that he had seen/read (not sure which) reports of Brendan Rodgers wanting to get out of his contract with Celtic to take the Saints job. Not seen any such reports myself. Ray Wilkins inserted an `allegedly' into the conversation.

For me it's pretty obvious. We have a great scouting system that picks up players that others maybe haven't or perhaps aren't prepared to move for while they are unproven.

This coupled with a great infrastructure, good youth system and ability to bring in decent managers mean that for a club of our size and status, we consistently perform well in the league, give those players a platform to flourish and upset a few of the big boys along the way.

Come the end of the season, those unknowns or players who weren't worth the gamble are now very much proven and while they cost more, are now very attractive to the big boys, who in turn are working with much bigger budgets to pay huge transfer fees and wages as sell a story of real opportunity (trophies, CL, status etc).

In the end, the money is too much for us to turn down unless it is deemed business critical (eg. refusing Morgan leaving first time round after all the other sales) and we have confidence that with the huge fees, we'll continue to reinvest well and continue to improve our performances as a whole. Also, forcing players to stay is not usually conducive to getting good performances from them thereafter, dependent on that player's own character.

In short, we are victims of our success. And I'm happy with that - I'd rather be doing what we're doing than be messing about in the lower reaches of the Prem or leagues below.

Maybe in the end, the strategy will fail and if it does, fine, we should all question it, but until then, with our progress over the past 5 years or so, I can't complain.

Now, let's get the right manager in, make some sensible acquisitions and go again. And cheers to Mane, the Villa and City hatricks and the comeback goals against Liverpool will live long in the memory. Liverpool especially (even if it did effectively seal your departure)

Far from it. The article is pretty accurate and does ask some of the pertinent questions. Unfortunately it does not have any answers although there are some hints. It is not normal for so many players and staff to want out. There is something not right with the club, bot sure I can put my finger on it, but it revolves around the Owner not having the vision and only really being interested in the club not costing her any money, and a Director of Football who is difficult to work with.

I'd imagine playing with Coutinho behind him rather than Davis will probably result in substantial increase in chances at the very least.

no - they think he is a winger. He'll be out wide - I actually think he won't fit well at a big club - he is prone to inconsistency and awfulness, final ball etc., that he can get away with at little ol' Saints, but will be scrutinised at a club like Liverpool. On his day, great, but the stats tell a story too...

I'd imagine playing with Coutinho behind him rather than Davis will probably result in substantial increase in chances at the very least.

also, coutinho created 50 chances last season, Davis created 53. (and Tadic created 73, 7th in the league) - according to OPTA.

Looking at the two latest posts from guan and KBS and trying to decipher the hidden messages in those pictures

Is it possible that Kat has sold the club to a.n. Other re the new kids on the block

Or is it a case the board are dancing to the tune of Kat L ?

Considering I get Co House updates emailed to me for SFC... No.

Or at least nothing that has gone through anyway.

I seriously doubt Guan or K Billy know anything outside of the footballing side of the business anyway. I find it rather unlikely we have board members or the ilk posting snippets here.

So? Could just be cheap talk. No different from what Liverpool are saying.

Could have left it as "undisclosed" in that case rather than straight up lying to us. The key difference is ours is a direct quote from the club and not third hand through the papers.

The club will look bloody stupid if in the next set of accounts it isn't a record fee.

I know someone who is a neighbour of his in Winchester, who says he is late all the time for everything, but to be fair , that doesn't necessarily mean he is a liability. BTW he and his girl friend are going to find Wallasey a bit different to Winchester!

So? Could just be cheap talk. No different from what Liverpool are saying.

Apologies, 'like Liverpool journalists are trying to claim.'

Saints report of a club record fee is the only official source of information we have, LFC are quoting it as undisclosed.

Could have left it as "undisclosed" in that case rather than straight up lying to us. The key difference is ours is a direct quote from the club and not third hand through the papers.

The club will look bloody stupid if in the next set of accounts it isn't a record fee.

Who knows. We still don't know what Man U paid exactly for Luke Shaw - some claim its £27/28m, others say its £30m; others think its £31.5m.

All of those figures are consistent with us receiving a record-breaking fee but receiving lower than the figure quoted in the the thread title; and two of those are consistent with a record-fee but a figure that's much closer to Liverpool's claims.

also, coutinho created 50 chances last season, Davis created 53. (and Tadic created 73, 7th in the league) - according to OPTA.

Davis played 600 minutes more during the course of the season than Coutinho, and Coutinho still scored more and had more assists. This one's a pretty simple choice, if you wouldn't swap Coutinho for Davis in our first 11, there's not a lot of hope for you.

Davis played 600 minutes more during the course of the season than Coutinho, and Coutinho still scored more and had more assists. This one's a pretty simple choice, if you wouldn't swap Coutinho for Davis in our first 11, there's not a lot of hope for you.

I certainly wouldn't swap him for Davis no way

Davis is box to box, and I bet had a better tackle, pass, and distance covered

It showed what a luxury player cortinio was in the uafa cup final

well! well! that's say's a lot.... now ya know why koeman left for everton small time feeder club!! I would take back what you said about koeman going for money you had no ambition :@)

34m for a player never scored for 5 months 25m profit hahahah.....signed Stekkers yet......if you though Howard got boo'd can't wait to hear the greatest fans that walked Merseyside rant at him.

Shattered that glass ceiling....my arse

34m for a player never scored for 5 months 25m profit hahahah.....signed Stekkers yet......if you though Howard got boo'd can't wait to hear the greatest fans that walked Merseyside rant at him.

Shattered that glass ceiling....my arse

How dare you

Don't you know they're history

Edited by DrZuess1979 the 2nd
Meh

You do live in a happy, hippy rose-tinted little world don't you? Are you really that naive and clueless or did I misread your essay??

well! well! that's say's a lot.... now ya know why koeman left for everton small time feeder club!! I would take back what you said about koeman going for money you had no ambition :@)

Guess you're just wishing your half of Liverpool could actually afford to spend like the red half. Your greatest rivals just spent a third of you ceiling smashing budget on one player:lol: #foreverintheirshadow

A - he was always going to leave and B come back at the end of the next season and gob off then oh you won't as it'll be just like the last few ie ones you won't be adding to your pathetic pre war history.

My days. You lot.

Thirty four million pounds for a player who, albeit being very creative (though not the most assists for us, that guy is still here by the way) wanted to leave?

That's an astonishing amount of money. To say the money is a terrible reason to sell, and that it demonstrates that the club is just about 'profit not fans' these days, is incredible

We were in administration in 2009 for goodness sake. That feels like yesterday.

To sell a player like that, for an enormous profit, who seemed never that happy to settle with us, for me does not imply a) we have no ambition as a club or that b) the footballing results still aren't central to what we do

I want to know what you suggested after Shaw went to UTd? That we had lost all ambition, and of the sale of a young player who we could have kept? But we now have Bertrand for a third of the price - is it a lack of ambition? Did we forsake the football for the sake of money? Shaw was one of the standout performers of the season before he left.

It's astonishing that people seem to have no trust whatsoever that the club is capable of recruiting someone to replace him. And even if we only recruit Redmond like for like, and bring in another defensive midfielder, and we finish 10th, or 12th...we're southampton for pete's sake.

The fact that people are abhorred by the fact we aren't focusing on pushing on to champions league either demonstrates that they have become saints fans in the last two years, or that they have been so jaded by the success of the last 2-3 years that their expectations are wildly out of kilter.

What a great few years we've had after a fairly rocky period since moving to st marys. The club has demonstrated that players with big egos and a desire to play elsewhere, and who can fetch a tidy profit, shouldn't play for saints. And that they should be consistently replaced by hungry, young players. Some of whom turn out tobe utter stars who don't just maintain a midtable finish, but can help us push on and finish even higher. What a great motto to have.