CONFIRMED - Mane joins Liverpool for £34m + £2m addons

toe_punt

So now our miniscule decrease on season tickets looks like even more of a joke! We won't be spending another 30 add million on player sales so the club will be pocketing the massive money we'll be getting from the new to deal!

I bet we will spend over £30m before the transfer window shuts. Over £40m including the Redmond purchase.

I bet we will spend over £30m before the transfer window shuts. Over £40m including the Redmond purchase.

I counter bet that we will never know really how much we obtained or spent. Might get some sort of clue from the accounts to June 16 when they're published next April.

We wont ya know, Kats got it all, Reed`s a joke, bet our new manager is crap, we are a soft touch, be we get relegated......boo hoo....snivel, sniff, whine.....:cry:

I counter bet that we will never know really how much we obtained or spent. Might get some sort of clue from the accounts to June 16 when they're published next April.
Fair enough, we won't know exactly but I suspect we will spend a fair bit over £30m, we would have to go buy reports in the press, ie Redmond for £11m.

We wont ya know, Kats got it all, Reed`s a joke, bet our new manager is crap, we are a soft touch, be we get relegated......boo hoo....snivel, sniff, whine.....:cry:
I know, life is too tough as a saints supporter as it's all going wrong. :scared:

Fair enough, we won't know exactly but I suspect we will spend a fair bit over £30m, we would have to go buy reports in the press, ie Redmond for £11m.

Reports in the press are notoriously unreliable. Buying clubs play down what they spent and selling clubs bump it up.

It'll be in the accounts, just as it was 2 seasons back when we sold for 90 odd million according to the popular press and about 80 million according to the accounts. The press rarely take into account what has to be paid out of the transfer fee, VAT, agents, formation rights, sell on fees etc. There's a reason why clubs announce undisclosed fees. If you're in luck footyleaks gives you the lowdown a few months later, then you see that 40 million is really 28 million with add ons for winning the league, the Champion's League, Le Ballon D'or and other such trifles..The Martial transfer showed it all up a bit really.

Always amusing to see the first post on this thread. A pity Mane couldn't wait to talk to the new francophone manager, but I have a small doubt that Ali Dia would've made us this kind of profit. And, as said above, he's not perfect (yet...). Hope his replacement is as good though.

I'm happier with the price at £36m. (Puts him above Benteke & Carroll which didn't sit well with me).

I'll miss him. He provided pretty much every I hoped he would when Sky Sports 1st announced he was close to signing him 2 years ago.

Hopefully we can use the money wisely. Don't forget, Morgan left for £25m and we got Clasie / Romeu / Van Dijk deals financed from it.

Even if we spend 50m that's only around 5m net,, they could easily afford to knock more than a couple of quid off my season ticket!

I'm rather happy with the £34 million plus £2 million more. He was a good player but wasn't consistent enough and didn't have an attitude I liked.

I'm sure we will find a suitable replacement. However, if we can get Redmond scoring some goals - He will be a perfect replacement!

Liverpool will struggle again this year I'm sure.

Which would be less than we have sold, so zero investment on transfer funds essentially.

We've taken in £47 million so far, so we'd have to spend over £50 million to actually be investing in the team.

We just have to accept, that our approach is buy players for upto £15M, play them, improve them, sell them for £20M+ and then reinvest that money back into the squad.

We won't keep hold of them because we don't play in Champions League or/and pay £100K+ a week wages.

Which would be less than we have sold, so zero investment on transfer funds essentially.

We've taken in £47 million so far, so we'd have to spend over £50 million to actually be investing in the team.

So far, Still got Pelle, Bertrand and Tadic to shift on.

Not sure why we have to spend more than what we get in. If we reinvest player sales into decent players like we did last season then there's no issue is there? We don't HAVE to spend money for no reason just to ensure we spend more than we get in. That would be silly.

Not sure why we have to spend more than what we get in. If we reinvest player sales into decent players like we did last season then there's no issue is there? We don't HAVE to spend money for no reason just to ensure we spend more than we get in. That would be silly.

Higher wages for the extended contracts means we are spending more as well

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Even if we spend 50m that's only around 5m net,, they could easily afford to knock more than a couple of quid off my season ticket!

We have to pay back the 60 million pounds of debt we spent in getting to where we are now - Please stop your nonsense.

Mane is a game changer but there are games where he is completely anonymous. £36 million is a massive fee, considering he didn't really excel on expectations last season. His pace is his best asset, as he doesn't have the best touch and he also isn't the most composed, I'll miss him for the 5-7 games a season where he flips games on their head, the £36 million will make me feel a bit better about the whole situation

I really don't know why supporters always blame the club.

If a player really wants to go then unless he is an honourable individual like Schneiderlin who I expect had an agreement he could go next window, then it isn't really worth keeping them.

Mane has a particular talent, but I don't think he's a team player.

Pity he's going because he was very exciting to watch when on song, but his body language often left much to be desired.

I'm sure we can recruit another good player, perhaps not as individually talented, but more of a team player.

It appears to be a very good price though.

Decent price if true and very much an expected transfer. He'll be a real loss to us and we'll need a quality replacement once the new manager comes in. Although I'm happy with Redmond joining us, I think he has a different skill set and am not sure he's the man for the job.

With Wanyama and Mane gone I don't think we can afford to loose anyone else (although I wouldn't be too heart broken if Koeman came in for Clasie). We are now 35mil in the green this transfer window and along we the TV money and previous seasons not spending big, I'd be hugely disappointed if we didn't spend at least 45mil on 3 or 4 additions to give us a decent shot at the Europa League.

We are losing the 2 players we all knew we would be losing. If it's coming as a shock to you you are even dumber than I suspected.

We'd given VW over a year to sign a contract, he'd said no, I am a CL player and want to play at a PL club.

We'd offered Mane the best contract ever drafted by the club and he said no as he wants to play at at "Elite" level club.

It'll happen again, get used to it as we aren't a CL/Elite level club and we won't pay CL/Elite salary and nor should we.

Like......but you're wasting your time VFTT. This board seems to be populated by absolute morons of the highest order. Wah, wah, wah....not fair. Not even going to a big club (Liverpool!!!). wah wah wah. Pathetic little babies

£30m made me pi**ed off.

£35m decent.

Let us rip them off please.

Honestly people, if we lose 3 players every year, but finish top 7 every time, I'd gladly take it, as would anyone.

I want the club to be successful, regardless of how it happens.

Blimey, I must have missed the mark up on Wanyama and Juanmi for them to total 47.

£30m made me pi**ed off.

£35m decent.

Let us rip them off please.

Honestly people, if we lose 3 players every year, but finish top 7 every time, I'd gladly take it, as would anyone.

I want the club to be successful, regardless of how it happens.

I'm with you. £30m appeared to short-change us. £35m to £38m (though doubt we'll get that if it depends on Liverpool being in CL and successful) is much better. Time to invest it all back in the team now. From what little reading of Puel I've made I can see he likes quick play in the final third - excited to see what sort of direct and fast players we buy.

Blimey, I must have missed the mark up on Wanyama and Juanmi for them to total 47.

Mane is gone, he's in Liverpool today, £34 million + £11 million + £2 million = £47 million from player sales.

£11 million spent on Redmond.

If we are going to actually invest in the team then with the sales (could go up to as much as £60 million if Pelle goes) then I'd expect our transfer outlay to be around £70 million.

Spending £20-25 million over sales doesn't seem a big ask.

Mane is gone, he's in Liverpool today, £34 million + £11 million + £2 million = £47 million from player sales.

£11 million spent on Redmond.

If we are going to actually invest in the team then with the sales (could go up to as much as £60 million if Pelle goes) then I'd expect our transfer outlay to be around £70 million.

Spending £20-25 million over sales doesn't seem a big ask.

You're forgetting £5m for the fat tw4t (childish yes)

Mane goes, Vic goes and we get lots of money for them and already we've signed a young English winger with Premier League experience. What matters now is what happens in terms of the manager and who else we bring in. I'm pretty sure that if we finish the season next year in 4th or 5th place everyone will be happy and singing the new managers praises and commenting on how well we've rebuilt and developed the squad further. It is all about what the club do next. I'm hoping that we've already got replacements lined up for both Vic and Mane plus further squad development, plus longer contracts for other members of the squad. If this is the case and we show further improvement (maybe not league position but cup runs instead?) I think the club again can be happy with what it has done, but it all relies on the big IF.

Could have written this post last season and the season before.