CONFIRMED - Mane joins Liverpool for £34m + £2m addons

toe_punt

I appreciate what you are saying but given the way that transfer fees are structured I would guess that we have not received anything like £16m yet and with the progress he is making I doubt that we ever will.

interesting choice of word has Chambers made an progress at Arsenal at least here he got game time.

I appreciate what you are saying but given the way that transfer fees are structured I would guess that we have not received anything like £16m yet and with the progress he is making I doubt that we ever will.

I'd say you're right. But if and when we sell Mane this summer, the structured deal is going to be worth more than £17m.

Keep mane one more year and we fight for top four for him or we let him go to a top four club by then.

Sign him up to extend his contract, with the promise he can join RK at Barcelona in a few years.*

Sorted.

*for £60m

interesting choice of word has Chambers made an progress at Arsenal at least here he got game time.
Have any of the young players really improved under Wenger? I think Theo and Ox have not done as well as they should, and there

Have any of the young players really improved under Wenger? I think Theo and Ox have not done as well as they should, and there

Perhaps.....both might have been overrated at the time?

Remember they looked very good ....in the Championship, but that is a long way from Champions League.

Perhaps.....both might have been overrated at the time?

Remember they looked very good ....in the Championship, but that is a long way from Champions League.

Interesting thought but I don't really think they were over-rated. Theo came into the Saints' team under Redknapp who said he didn't want to play him regularly because he was so young but that he was just too good to leave out. Both he and Ox had the rule run over them by the England management and were deemed good enough to play at international level, so it does seem that something has happened to them as well as time out for injuries.

Whether Mane would run into the same problems, who knows, but certainly Morgan hasn't featured as he should have at Man U, given the transfer fee. It makes you wonder if there is something about the Southampton set-up that can make players perform beyond what might be expected of them and that when that's taken away some of them drop down a notch or two. Mane has shown his brilliance at time, but also that he can be a disappointment at other times. Very much hope we keep him, at least for one more year, but I do wonder if he left whether he would be quite as good elsewhere. Have to admit I haven't followed his international appearances enough to tell how well he plays for Senegal.

Unfortunately Paul Joyce (along with Tony Barrett of The Times) is one of the more connected Liverpool journalists.

Mane has to be closer to £40m though IMO.

Bascombe knows his stuff too.

I'm sure the Liverpool would love Mane... But reading between the lines, I still think Liverpool will get Gotze.

I'd hazard a guess that this has come from Liverpool's end. It's a bit like last year when Pedro went to Chelsea instead of Man Utd and it was suddenly "oh we actually wanted Mané instead".

I expect he'll go, but surely he'd have better offers than Liverpool?

The usual tactics from the scousers then, brief the press and use the stories to unsettle the player. Sadio would be nuts to choose Liverpool if Man U really want him though.

I suppose it all depends on if Jose wants him.

You'd have thought Spurs might come in for him as well?

Possibly City?

Mane is the make or break of our window. If we can get him to sign a new deal it sends out a big message that would worry a lot of our rivals in the prem. I believe he is the one the board are really working on to sign up on a better deal...

Not sure he will sign a new deal, but he might be here for another season, at least I hope so. It seems to be an MO that we work to with these players who won't extend and if he gives us 3 years, then that's fine by me. He has 2 years left, and if we say not for sale then he can't go. I guess you get into the usual battle of wills, tantrums etc. Then again, I guess everyone has his price, but given the new TV money, it means Mané's has increased. He has age on his side as well and who knows, maybe he is aiming higher than Liverpool. While I realise that Europa League is not CL, it is still a competition with some pretty damn big sides in it and could be a good shop window for him.

I can't imagine he'd be a big enough name for United under Mourinho

I don't know....he played a few cracking games against Chelsea with the "special one" sitting on the sideline. The Club has to try and keep him, at least for one more season.

I really hope he gets the same treatment as Morgan and Victor. He wouldn't be in the marketplace for a "big" club move if Saints hadn't developed him and given him a shop window in the Prem.

He owes us another year and should be made to stay, unless really silly money is offered (50M+)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Liverpool have completed Phase 1 & 2 of their Summer recruitment:

1) Identify Southampton Player.

2) Leak interest to media in attempt to unsettle.

Phase 3 is either going to be 'make insultingly low bid' or have Klopp mention him in an interview.

Shortly after there will be mention of: "it is understood the player is keen on a move to Anfield"

The second coming of Ali Dia.

My God what a dreadful performance tonight, his finishing is Southern Conference level at best. Can't pass, can't shoot, no positional sense at all. Fed up seeing him on his @rse after shanking yet another shot. The worst player on the pitch yet again today.

The worst $10M we've spent since Ramirez (who's not a bad player but not worth the money), and Osvaldo (who's not a bad player, just a head case).

hahahahahahahah

I too hope the club strike a deal the same as with Morgan and Victor if he wont sign a new deal.

I'm sure Les, Ron and co have discussed it.

we are in the driving seat on this one because he has two years left.

Liverpool will find it hard to recruit not being in Europe, they might try to trade on their name but a lot of the players they would want were either not born or babies when they last won the league.

Mane once again this evening showed that he is not to the standard required to unlock a defence. I really don't know what he is offering the team that Isgrove et al cannot.

How long do we have keep this guy on the payroll?

fnaar, s******.

Let's be blunt about this. If Mane had the physical appearance of Clasie, he would be being universally hailed by Saints fans as one of the best players ever to play for the club and NOBODY would want him sold for any amount of money. Conversely, if Clasie had the physical appearance of Mane, he would be getting called all the insulting names under the sun by just about every Saints fan and would be labelled as having a poor attitude.

Let's be blunt about this. If Mane had the physical appearance of Clasie, he would be being universally hailed by Saints fans as one of the best players ever to play for the club and NOBODY would want him sold for any amount of money. Conversely, if Clasie had the physical appearance of Mane, he would be getting called all the insulting names under the sun by just about every Saints fan and would be labelled as having a poor attitude.

Nice little generalisation that all Saints fans are racist.[emoji108]

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

What a steaming pile of horse turd....

Not sure what you're getting at, they're both the same height and stockiness. Mane might be a bit more muscular though.

You ****ing *****, ****s like you always on the lookout to show off their pc credentials by insinuating other people are racist are the problem. Why don't you disappear back up your own arsehole

Utter nonsense (...but then I'm not the least bit surprised).

You should probably cut back on whatever it is you are smoking.

if you mean the fact he's black, I doubt even know where to start...

Kante..

Dembele..

Drogba..

Great attitudes.

Think how much crap was thrown at Berbatov for his lazy personality.

Edited by eddie

Now let's be blunt about this....this season, Mané has been possibly our best player, certainly our best player when on song, and one of the best we've ever had. If he did that every game, then there would be less/little doubt about it. We don't want to sell him. We have said we don't want to and so far we haven't, but we are pragmatic about life. With Classie, he hasn't found his feet yet. I think that most Saints fans would agree with that, obviously apart from you Nordic, as you seem to think the complete opposite.

He's got the potential to be the best player we've ever had since I've been alive, would love it if we got another year out of him here. :adore:

Sign him up to a new deal with a 40m release clause for CL clubs, go on Les make it happen!

He's got the potential to be the best player we've ever had since I've been alive, would love it if we got another year out of him here. :adore:

Sign him up to a new deal with a 40m release clause for CL clubs, go on Les make it happen!

Inclined to agree - on form he is unplayable. Vital we extend his contract but I don't think his head is in the right place ie Southampton.

There's no way we'll get 40 million for Mane. 25-30 would be about right.

Don't see why not based on his goal record, potential, experience and relatively young age.

He is a proven PL attacker who has troubled the very best defences and still has loads of improvement in him.

I would be disappointed if he went for the same as Lallana and less than Luke Shaw.

He is probably our best attacking player since MLT and we are 6th in the PL. No way should be selling for £25m.

There's no way we'll get 40 million for Mane. 25-30 would be about right.

He's better than Sterling how much did he go for? Think there's every chance we will, the TV money coming in is just going to make player premiums go up from last year

If there one thing that I am sick of on this forum it is the universal hailing of Jordi Clasie. Can't anyone, just one person, say anything bad about him, ever?