Post-Match Reaction: SAINTS 0-2 Liverpool

Saint-Armstrong

"The pundits say if a player feels contact they have the right to go down, look at Kane today and many other games where it happens."

Nobody 'has the right to go down'. It's cheating and wrong.

I agree. Anyone diving is a disgrace. Mane is horrific at it and it winds me right up.

Can't say I never warned you all.

16-02-2015, 07:52 PM #101

ART

Liverpool lover Kevin Friend is referee for the game. Not good news.

16-02-2015, 08:00 PM #102

hasper57saint

Quote Originally Posted by ART View Post

He's never been a 'friend' of ours.

16-02-2015, 08:27 PM #103

Matthew Le God

Quote Originally Posted by ART View Post

On what is that based?

Like everyone else I was shouting at the ref, but I thought the most obvious pen was theirs. I can see why he didn't give the first,,the second was one of those that had the ball not rolled to Elias he might have thought ant giving it.

I also Elias should have made more of the chance when Minuelet handballed. He should have brought that ball down better and scored.

Fonte and Yoshida had excellent games. They were left very exposed, but cut out so many attacks. Targett doesn't look,quite ready to me and Clyne has been off par since the England outing.

Morgan was heavily at fault for the second and he needs to get back up to speed as he has struggled in the games since his injury.

Pelle continues to look unlikely to score. I don't agree he needs to be taken out of the side as we thump it long a lot and need him in both boxes, but he does,need to get back to his super finishing earlier games.

Hate losing to Brenda. He's such a ****, but Liverpool are on fire right now and sadly at the wrong time we are fading.

I despise football when you get refs that are so blatantly corrupt as Friend!

If he gets the decision right after 20 secs, we don't lose that match!!

This

if we lost to a better team or better tactics so be it, but I feel robbed today

I like sky trying to even the decision out, by saying fontes was a pen when he clearly got the ball first

Wasn't difficult though was it, at least Rogers doesn't have a Dutch fixation, more a Southampton fixation.

Would you rather Koeman bought in players from South America that he has no previous experience of? I'm not sure that it's Koeman with the 'fixation'.

Like everyone else I was shouting at the ref, but I thought the most obvious pen was theirs. I can see why he didn't give the first,,the second was one of those that had the ball not rolled to Elias he might have thought ant giving it.

I also Elias should have made more of the chance when Minuelet handballed. He should have brought that ball down better and scored.

Fonte and Yoshida had excellent games. They were left very exposed, but cut out so many attacks. Targett doesn't look,quite ready to me and Clyne has been off par since the England outing.

Morgan was heavily at fault for the second and he needs to get back up to speed as he has struggled in the games since his injury.

Pelle continues to look unlikely to score. I don't agree he needs to be taken out of the side as we thump it long a lot and need him in both boxes, but he does,need to get back to his super finishing earlier games.

Hate losing to Brenda. He's such a ****, but Liverpool are on fire right now and sadly at the wrong time we are fading.

I saw their penalty shout back, and it was a good tackle. Depends on which angle you're at, but he clearly wins the ball first and it's the follow through which brought him down - and on a wet skiddy surface, he couldn't have helped that. Deserved not to be a pen based on the well timed tackle.

I agree. Anyone diving is a disgrace. Mane is horrific at it and it winds me right up.

Likewise. It won't be long before he has a very bad reputation,and ours is tarnished too. Embarrassing what these players do these days.

I saw their penalty shout back, and it was a good tackle. Depends on which angle you're at, but he clearly wins the ball first and it's the follow through which brought him down - and on a wet skiddy surface, he couldn't have helped that. Deserved not to be a pen based on the well timed tackle.

He certainly did get the ball first, just, but that doesn't matter. It's a reckless tackle and the laws of the game say that's a free kick or pen.

I think we've had some, luck go our way with pens not being given, so you have to suck it up rather than take the Mourinho way of crying like a baby.

He certainly did get the ball first, just, but that doesn't matter. It's a reckless tackle and the laws of the game say that's a free kick or pen.

I think we've had some, luck go our way with pens not being given, so you have to suck it up rather than take the Mourinho way of crying like a baby.

It was never a pen, even the pundits on Sky said so.

The referee was a disgrace.

but we have GOT to get over losing those players last summer. Any player that leaves is just history, nothing more.

I don't care how they left - it's done.

the booing created an atmosphere today and it clearly affects our team more than the idiots it is aimed at.

and now I have to go into work tomorrow where the plastic scouse is going to be absolutely f*cking insufferable.

We are being refed out of the top 4. Keep an eye on this over the coming weeks. And we don't shoot.

Guys, I just wanted to know, but why does the Premier League not want us to upset the cartel? Why do the Prem just want to keep an established 'Top 6'?

It frustrates me but no one ever seems to give an answer to this.

Is there a financial benefit for the FA/Prem if we don't upset the order?

Thanks.

"The pundits say if a player feels contact they have the right to go down, look at Kane today and many other games where it happens."

Nobody 'has the right to go down'. It's cheating and wrong.

I would love to go ask to when a batsman walks, sadly the world has moved on. The fact is the defender was impeding our forward and so he tried to get the penalty. If everyone played by the rules then fine. Our player didn't go down without contact, when they do then I deplore it

Guys, I just wanted to know, but why does the Premier League not want us to upset the cartel? Why do the Prem just want to keep an established 'Top 6'?

Thanks.

The short answer is... Yes. The big name clubs get more coverage overseas and the a TV companies can charge more for the coverage that they sell to pubs and such.

never looked like scoring pelle was virtually a spectator for most of the game and is simply not up to being the lone striker! we are calling out for a decent striker to play alongside him, strange line up and decisions by koeman today but even the best have off days, that's our last three home games lost, not looking like scoring and not keeping clean sheets either.......... worrying

Thanks.

You're asking the wrong questions.

The Premier League does not "not want us to upset the top 6". Paranoid nonsense.

However BT Sport wouldn't want us to get in the Champions League because it fu cks up their business plan for next season. They'd want a big team with a big following to get in. But that's not the same as what you are insinuating.

The short answer is... Yes. The big name clubs get more coverage overseas and the a TV companies can charge more for the coverage that they sell to pubs and such.

You do realise Man United will still be in the Premier League next season, regardless of whether they finish 4th, 5th or 11th?

You're asking the wrong questions.

The Premier League does not "not want us to upset the top 6". Paranoid nonsense.

However BT Sport wouldn't want us to get in the Champions League because it fu cks up their business plan for next season. They'd want a big team with a big following to get in. But that's not the same as what you are insinuating.

ah well thank you for your response- maybe all these crap riffing performances are something we say to feel better about ourselves.

still pis*ed off about today.

Disappointing as that result was, it's still all there to play for. Liverpool have some tough matches in their next 5 PL fixtures - City (H), Burley (H), Swansea (A), Man U (H), Arsenal (A). Spurs have a much easier set - Man U (A) being the hardest, with Swansea and Leicester at home, QPR and Burley away.

Our next five are not so bad, only Chelsea away out of the top 12. It's all if's but's and maybe's, but it certainly not all gone.

What a position to be in, given where we were 6 weeks before the season started.

Disappointing as that result was, it's still all there to play for. Liverpool have some tough matches in their next 5 PL fixtures - City (H), Burley (H), Swansea (A), Man U (H), Arsenal (A). Spurs have a much easier set - Man U (A) being the hardest, with Swansea and Leicester at home, QPR and Burley away.

Our next five are not so bad, only Chelsea away out of the top 12. It's all if's but's and maybe's, but it certainly not all gone.

What a position to be in, given where we were 6 weeks before the season started.

:nod:

It was never a pen, even the pundits on Sky said so.

Are these the same pundits that say it's ok to fall if you feel the faintest touch even if it isn't enough to knock over a empty paper cup?

Pundits, blimey, most of them haven't read the FA laws of the game.

Come on Koeman sort it out!

We have a lot of good players and a couple who really are well short at the moment. Very worrying about the coaches not seeing the issues and acting on them. Pelle has issues which I have picked on before today and in recent weeks. He is destroying our attacks and giving us no options. He has to be dropped..... We change the way he plays or DROP HIM.

He can't/wont run into space, there is no room for him in this team!

As for Forster - well what on earth was that 10m about... A goalie in the Cubs would save as many shots as he does ..... It's got to the point where you are surprised if he saves anything on target.... We have great defenders totally let down down by this guy.... No wonder the defence work so hard to keep it tight with him between the sticks....

Edited by captainchris

Come on Koeman sort it out!

We have a lot of good players and a couple who really are well short at the moment. Very worrying about the coaches not seeing the issues and acting on them. Pelle has issues which I have picked on before today and in recent weeks. He is destroying our attacks and giving us no options. He has to be dropped..... We change the way he plays or DROP HIM.

He can't/wont run into space, there is no room for him in this team!

As for Forster - well what on earth was that 10m about... A goalie in the Cubs would save as many shots as he does ..... It's got to the point where you are surprised if he saves anything on target.... We have great defenders totally let down down by this guy.... No wonder the defence work so hard to keep it tight with him between the sticks....

Forster? What the hell are you on about? Do you think he should score more goals???

Forster? What the hell are you on about? Do you think he should score more goals???

Forster had 2 saves to make today, and he conceded from both of them. Can't argue against the first one as that was unstoppable, but he was very weak-wristed for the second. Did well to even get a hand to it but having made solid contact with the ball, you can't let that go past you. As much as I hate this argument, Boruc was good at getting a strong hand to the ball and saved us a lot of points because of it.

Fraser is a good keeper and let us not forget that this is his first season in the Prem, but there are aspects of his game he really needs to work on.

Forster had 2 saves to make today, and he conceded from both of them. Can't argue against the first one as that was unstoppable, but he was very weak-wristed for the second. Did well to even get a hand to it but having made solid contact with the ball, you can't let that go past you. As much as I hate this argument, Boruc was good at getting a strong hand to the ball and saved us a lot of points because of it.

Fraser is a good keeper and let us not forget that this is his first season in the Prem, but there are aspects of his game he really needs to work on.

This could be said of all of our players.

That's fair; I don't like him dealing with anything going to the corner of the goal, especially low strikes. The guy has great reactions, bu doesn't get down quick enough at times.

He had quite a few more shots than that and his handling was exemplary. I'd like to see a replay but at the time the second seemed a bit of a scramble and may even have taken a deflection. There were plenty of others in front of him to blame first. Morgan made the obvious mistake.

Boruc managed to fist a shot into the net yesterday. I recommend that you take a look at that first before comparing the two of them.

LOL... I suggest you come back when you've seen the Bournemouth game from yesterday.

& is this the same Forster that produced the worldie save at QPR? Short memories some people!!

Did you see Brentfords second goal on Saturday?

Shocker but he also kept the scoreline down in the second half with a string of decent saves.

Either way, it's done. Boruc isn't keeping out that first goal and the second goal is debatable, Forster probably saves it if it doesn't take the deflection off our player.

I think the key word in my Boruc argument is WAS - he's definitely not the player he used to be but you can't deny that was one of his main attributes in his time with us.

I still think Forster is a good keeper, don't get me wrong. He's put in some great performances for us this season, but he needs to improve.

My knee jerk reaction after a couple of beers. Pelle to be dropped asap. Mane to start over Elia. Djuricic is going to need a lot of time. Schniederlin was ****ing useless and is obviously in some kind of strop after not movin in Jan. Only Fonte and Yoshi can out if that game with any kind of plaudits.

3 home games, 1 point (throw in a cup exit too)

terrible in front of goal for the last 4 games. took a 90th min attempt to actually score past QPR

we have an excellent defensive set up but the front players are not clicking. Pelle was terrible today. He is miles better than that. Miles better and he has been like that for a little while.

Someone mentioned on 606 as I was driving that he feels the lack of goals is down to pelle being rubbish lately and the chopping and changing in the 3 behind him..some of it forced, some not.

Coutinho scored a worldy and the ref was an utter ****. the 2nd penalty shout was so obvious. It was a disgusting decision. Thing is, we were talking about how bad he was before the game. the officiating this season in general for the whole lead is disgraceful. We will have a 5th official reviewing incidents on a screen in no time if this is the standard most weeks. An horrifically weak ref with Moss and Pawson.

back to saints....for all our possession, we simply failed YET AGAIN to test the keeper. teams are coming to St Marys to defend deep and not allow mane and/or elia to get in behind, along with our full backs....we then just lump it to pelle who really does not hold the ball up whilst challenged.

I thought we played really well for most of the game until we get to about 40 yards out. then terrible. It is that lack of firepower that will put a serious dent in our european hopes

Edited by Batman

There's no way I want Europa League. It's Champions League or respectable Top 10 place. Let others screw themselves next season in the Europa League and us free to make an increased effort for the Top 4 finish without being dragged down to Hull and Everton's level.

We are such an easy team to defend against at the moment, everything is in front of the oppo. We play like we're a goal up when we're behind chasing a game, keeping possession and proding instead of playing playing with width and pace with too many players taking one or more touches too many when we do get into good positions. Very frustrating.

We are however a very good side and we still have a massive chance of a top 6 if Koeman can inject some life into our stagnating attack.

Agree with others who have said that 3 5 2 is our best option when we have a full squad to choose from.