Gaston Ramirez

Dalek2003

Jesus, how desperate are some of you lot.

f**k me, we have other options than this malingerer.

Koeman was willing to give him another chance, and apparently he's blown it - again.

F**king give it up. The desperation of some of you to see this player come good is reminiscent of a jilted girl hoping her ex-boyfriend will see the error of his ways and come running back.

Sooner he p*sses off to Penarol or wherever, the sooner we dont have a bunch of pussies giving wistful glances and hoping his next chance is the one he takes.

He's not that bad mate, certainly more than capable of being a decent part of our squad this year if he wants to be.

Jesus, how desperate are some of you lot.

f**k me, we have other options than this malingerer.

Koeman was willing to give him another chance, and apparently he's blown it - again.

F**king give it up. The desperation of some of you to see this player come good is reminiscent of a jilted girl hoping her ex-boyfriend will see the error of his ways and come running back.

Sooner he p*sses off to Penarol or wherever, the sooner we dont have a bunch of pussies giving wistful glances and hoping his next chance is the one he takes.

It's not as bizarre as your desperation to see him fail and f*ck off. Would you seriously not rather he came good?

And there in lies the problem. He clearly doesn't.

Exactly how can anyone deny that he hasn't been given a fair chance to come good (no innuendo intended!) over the years?, he has been here pretty much four years & other than a couple of false dawns has provided absolutely naff all & looks like he cant generally be bothered, he has also been content to pick up high wages while giving nothing back, how anyone can not be happy to see the back of him is a mystery !

Such garbage. Davis has been so sloppy in his passing this year, JWP doesn't exactly get good reviews on here either does he, and they play in front of 2 defensive midfielders.

Look at our teams stats and what will you find...

Ward Prowse and Davis are two of our three most accurate passers with 87 and 86% respectively (Romeu being the other)

Perhaps you should rely on tangible data instead of what people on here think

Ward Prowse and Davis are two of our three most accurate passers with 87 and 86% respectively (Romeu being the other)

FFS. Passing accuracy doesn't create chances and it's not hard to get a high passing accuracy % if you only ever pass sideways or backwards 10 yards. It is the most overused and irritating stat in football. It's a load of rubbish

FFS. Passing accuracy doesn't create chances and it's not hard to get a high passing accuracy % if you only ever pass sideways or backwards 10 yards. It is the most overused and irritating stat in football. It's a load of rubbish

But it does retain possession, which keeps the play with us and allows us to build whilst stopping the other team from having the ball. No?

Ramirez is exactly the sort of player we needed on the bench Saturday, when you want to get a goal, Ramirez for Ward-Prowse or Davis is going to increase your chances.

What evidence has he provided that he is a real creative force in the Prem? Absolutely none. He is a liability on the pitch and essentially puts us down to 10 men. He's not worth the risk, hence he doesn't play.

But it does retain possession, which keeps the play with us and allows us to build whilst stopping the other team from having the ball. No?

It's a defensive mindset. When you're in front, keep the ball. When you're playing against the better teams, keep the ball and frustrate them. But otherwise it is not going to help you create chances no. Do you you think Tony Pulis cares about how much of the ball they had? Of course not, teams are organised in this league and you have to have the spark to break teams down and create things. Passing slowly sideways and backwards will not do that

What evidence has he provided that he is a real creative force in the Prem? Absolutely none. He is a liability on the pitch and essentially puts us down to 10 men. He's not worth the risk, hence he doesn't play.

Certainly shown more creativity than JWP and arguably Davis when he has had the chance/been fit. There is little doubt about his creativity, his issue (when available) is that he is prone to giving the ball away while trying to be creative, and without someone with defensive abilities behind him this becomes a liability. I'm actually reasonably sure that with Ronald's organisation and set up this would not be as much of an issue as it used to be under Adkins and to a lesser extent Poch. In the end it seems irrelevant because it appears that Ronald won't take the risk.

Pass completion rate is the most pointless stat in football. In fact, it's even worse than that because it is often misleading. Last season David Silva's pass completion rate was 85.7% (scored 12, assisted 7). Vincent Kompany's was 87.3% (scored 0, assisted 0). The further back you play, the higher your PCR is likely to be. The large majority of Kompany's passes are across the back four or short into a central midfielder - with very little pressure on the ball or the recipient. Whenever Silva gets the ball, he's immediately closed down and is playing in much tighter spaces. A player's pass completion rate is usually more reflective of how ambitious they are on the ball than it is of how accurate their passing is.

In 23 starts for saints gaston scored 7 and made 3 assists and you guys would really rather play ward prouse and Davis?

Except that's not true is it

here is the last three years at the club

gaston 3.JPG

That's 6 goals and six assists in three seasons at the club and 5 of them where in one season his best season! not exactly great

gaston 4.JPG

gaston 1.JPG

Gaston 2.JPG

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1840[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1841[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1842[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1843[/ATTACH]

That's 6 goals and six assists in three seasons at the club and 5 of them where in one season his best season! not exactly great

Except he didn't play for us last season (OK, he appeared twice before he was loaned out, once in the LC), so its 6 and 6 in 2 seasons playing for us, plus a goal for Hull. Still better in terms of stats than anything else we have.

Casting my mind back to when I last saw him play [on tv], he showed skill, energy and creativity, but....

... he seemed a bit (please forgive the word) 'lightweight'.

It's not that he didn't put in for tackles or anything, but his approach seemed a bit flimsy and unreliable as if he was always about to make a mistake, rather than instil confidence. Maybe he's too much of an individual when we've preferred players who are part of the 'unit'?

Not having seen much of him I'm willing to accept correction on this thought.

I'd be really interested to hear from someone ITK precisely why this obviously talented creative player, who is capable of providing incisive passes to set-up scoring chances for our other players in a way that is sadly lacking from all our regular starters and subs except Mane, is considered by our coaching and managerial staff so surplus to our requirements that we are apparently ready and willing to end his contract and allow him to go back to south America. Anybody able to tell us why?

There is one comment that I often see on here which does my head in.

''We could have done with Gaston on the bench to allow us to break the team down''.

Please, tell me, someone, when has he ever come off the bench to help us break teams down over a consistent period of time? He has gone from Southampton, he has failed. A disastrous signing of the Osvaldo mold (although not quite as bad). Way too much of a loss for a club of our size to be making.

He's made of glass, he's not suited to the physical style of this league and is never involved enough to make any long-lasting impressions on games. Really, people need to just give up on the 'hope' now. He will not come good at this level, ever.

I'd be really interested to hear from someone ITK precisely why this obviously talented creative player, who is capable of providing incisive passes to set-up scoring chances for our other players in a way that is sadly lacking from all our regular starters and subs except Mane, is considered by our coaching and managerial staff so surplus to our requirements that we are apparently ready and willing to end his contract and allow him to go back to south America. Anybody able to tell us why?

I'd like to know too. Whenever I've seen him play I've enjoyed watching him. There must be some reason why he doesn't get a game.

Can you tell me where and when these incisive passes were?

Certainly didn't show that at Hull either.

The club opened the door for him pre-season but in his displays he couldn't be arsed to go the extra yard required- watch Mane he works his nuts off for the team.

What did Gaston do...... Went sick again so how many chances do we give him to prove he can't hack it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1840[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1841[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1842[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1843[/ATTACH]

Don't understand why you bothered posting last season when he wasn't even at the club. If you look at his goal and assist stats from starts they're pretty good. He's been injured a lot since got here and Poch would never start him, I doubt he started him more than twice. So really he hasn't even had a run of 10 + starts and hasn't been deemed good enough by our last two managers. I just think he's got that killer pass we are lacking at times.

Edited by Saint IQ

''We could have done with Gaston on the bench to allow us to break the team down''.

Please, tell me, someone, when has he ever come off the bench to help us break teams down over a consistent period of time? He has gone from Southampton, he has failed. A disastrous signing of the Osvaldo mold (although not quite as bad). Way too much of a loss for a club of our size to be making.

He's made of glass, he's not suited to the physical style of this league and is never involved enough to make any long-lasting impressions on games. Really, people need to just give up on the 'hope' now. He will not come good at this level, ever.

You shouldn't of said that, he'll win the Ballon d'or in 2018 after inspiring Uruguay to win the World cup now. Then you'll feel really silly

Can you tell me where and when these incisive passes were?

Certainly didn't show that at Hull either.

The club opened the door for him pre-season but in his displays he couldn't be arsed to go the extra yard required- watch Mane he works his nuts off for the team.

What did Gaston do...... Went sick again so how many chances do we give him to prove he can't hack it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By went sick you mean got injured?

I was showing his stats in actual starts with us, his goals ratio is nearly a goal every 3 games and he does have a eye for a clever pass too.

Im not trying to argue that his attitude isnt there or that he isnt injury prone,but i honestly feel like when he played fro m the start he did well and looked dangerous and creative.

You have also got to remember its very difficult to just get 10 to 15 minutes at the end of the game and make an impression ,even top top draw players like falcao stuggle when just getting the odd start here and there and not getting a good run of games going.

I really do think if gaston had a decent run as the am in our side he would put the likes of ward prouse to shame ,sadly it looks like this will never happen .

Because he's shiete . A complete and utter waste of money and anyone who doesn't think that is deluded or related to him .

Yep. Spot on.

I just wish it hadnt taken so much TV and ST money for the club and a lot of our fan base to work that out (some clearly are clutching at straws still. His discarding is his fault, no one elses. He's had 3 or 4 managers in the PL, and all have come to the same conclusion).

When is this comment often made? Has anyone in fact actually said this (you have put it in quotation marks so that means someone has said exactly what you have quoted) I've not seen anyone seriously saying this, yet apparently it "does your head in". Don't think having him come off the bench will unlock defences, it might work if he actually was to start, he has done it in the past. Issue really is that we have no-one with any real creative quality (Tadic is very hit and miss) and Ramirez does have this creative ability (spasmodically). We need to have someone better, but we don't so why not at least give it a try instead of pushing the bloke out of the club.

When has he come off the bench?

That's an odd one, it's been over a year since he was even here. We're talking about our squad now and the fact is we have bugger all creativity on the bench. I've never understood the way, particularly English fans view players weaknesses. It's nearly always about being lightweight, not 'putting a shift in'. Is it not okay to also criticise players like Davis for just lacking skill? To want more than someone running around a lot like Prutton? We have loads of good defensive midfield options, we have 1 creative midfielder in Tadic who doesn't even play centrally.

Ramirez did well in spells for a poor to average side in its first year up, then a manager left. Since then it's been a mess and Hull was a poor move for both parties. All I'm suggesting is it's a shame to pay someone to leave when our other options are so poor. What on earth is there to lose from playing him against MK dons or having him on the bench a couple of times? If he's not up for it, if he really doesn't care about his career, then fair enough but that's quite an assumption.

Why are you assuming the club don't want him to or would dearly love him to make himself available or put himself out and are just ignoring him?

He has basically been deemed not good enough for hull, but now he's our saviour :mcinnes:

it's not even a case of being or not being good enough...he is just totally unsuited to the PL. He's not the first and he certainly won't be the last. Why he turned down Seville at the last minute in the summer of 14 and chose Hull is just unexplicable.

it's not even a case of being or not being good enough...he is just totally unsuited to the PL. He's not the first and he certainly won't be the last. Why he turned down Seville at the last minute in the summer of 14 and chose Hull is just unexplicable.

More money ? I dont know who paid his wages (us, them, both), but maybe the Seville offer was less money.

In which case it would indicate that money and not the chance to prove oneself in the PL was his highest priority...

Just to really annoy you and a lot of others....he came off the bench away to westham. I was at the game and yoshida scored. Gaston came on and made one of the biggest impacts I've seen a sub make. He went on to play his way into the team before a Sunderland player took him out and that was that.

In the pahars Claus jones era I was friends with someone who worked v high up at the club. They told me a lot of stories. One of which I shall share...it concerned Pahars. As we all know, he was blighted by injuries during his time with us...so much so that Strachan accused him of faking injury, but it wasn't the case. He was just seriously unlucky. Because of the pressure from WGS and the fact he couldn't play, he became depressed. I would liken this to Ramirez.

Yes but Pahars was a much better player...